• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] rubiX Focused 1.0 by drod2169

Anyone know if I can use any of these themes 928Droid Themes for the Droid X
You should be able to.
I guess I was just worried what would happen to all of the themed blur stuff.

Hey - we are gonna win this thing BTW...Hughes comes up big tomorrow

NO. Unless I'm mistaken, almost every theme that wasn't designed for Focused causes some pretty serious issues, including some that send you into boot loop, requiring a re-install. More info on second post of announcement thread here and here:
[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0
[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Themes actually replace apps, and piece of the framework of the install. Focused is based on COMPLETELY different install base than default motorola, and BlackGlass (since this was the example), is designed with "themed" versions of the files included with motorola default install. The theme will put tons of stuff back, and replace tons of stuff that are default Focused. You can try it, but you'll certainly run into *some* issues (at best: double notifications, apps that show up in app drawer that don't work, some apps will FC, etc.).

Hope that helps. Check out those posts before you theme Focused!

Upvote 0
i have fly x installed wanted to switch to this rom to check it out
im using rom manager loaded it chose the camera and keyboard
did a back up and wiped data.Goes into m logo let it sit for 15mins
nothing happened so i did a battery pull then fly x comes back on
any suggestions
thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: cooldasher
Upvote 0
Did you solve this? I've never heard of such a thing happening! More info, did it fix itself? Rebooting did or didn't fix? ?

First time hearing of this.. just in case someone else runs across it, the more info you can provide, the better.

It actually did fix itself, I think it's something with the OS in general, after hard rebooting a buncha times, it just started working again but sometimes it would stop working, I don't know if its the ROM or not. I know someone else whose USB connection won't work at all either and he has no ROM or anything, just rooted.

Upvote 0
Where do I have to install the quickoffice apk (do I just put it in /system/app and leave it?), and do I need to do anything else to get it to install. Sorry for the questions, I haven't installed apps without an installer before.

push it to /system/app, can be done via adb, or Root Explorer, because you need to mount /system as Read/Write before you can save the file there. Then once the file is there, verify the permissions are the same as the other files in that directory... then remount it as ReadOnly. Lastly, you have to reboot (changes won't take in /system/app without a reboot).

It's kinda tricky... but once you've done it once... easy if you ever have to do it again. ;)

Reactions: cooldasher
Upvote 0
Bored... so threw together a few tweaks for the black notification bar...

Some info, and screenshots here:
rubiX Focused modified black notification bar

Enjoy!

Note: This is NOT an official update, change, etc. to Focused... just something I threw together in my free time.

Any chance of battery percentage in status bar? Otherwise looks great.

Upvote 0
Please, no battery percentage for me....

:)
I'm with you.

Having 10% battery percentages requires twice as many images cached in memory. Not a HUGE deal.. but *shrug*.

I know it's been asked for, and I'm actually creating the images for it for drod.. but I can't do the code changes to make this happen.. so we'll see if this makes it into a future mod or ROM release or something (?)... for those who want it. :)

Upvote 0
I actually like the stock battery indicator better than the nextheme/blackbarmod battery. anyway to create a zip for blackbarmod with the rubix battery?

Stock battery .png's would look funny, since they're designed with a white background.. but sure, anything's possible, if you have the time ;) (But honestly, you woudn't want them, they'd need to be modified to make it look right with black bar :S

If you really want it, send me a PM...

Upvote 0
Did a quick look through all the buttons for the name clear.. nothing that's likely what you're looking for. Which icon is it, what does it look like, or do.. ?
(I have the files open right now.. so if you respond or send me a PM, I can try to find it.. (?).

its the button that is displayed when you have notifications and you press it to clear them. upper right.

Upvote 0
This Theme is based off of the Clean Back Bar by JoelWRX and some framework from Sephtin & JsinLegacy.
It maintains most of the DX stock colors and images except for the notification bar and its icons.

Only bug i can find so far is the clear button in the notification bar is black text on dark gray.
If someone could help me out with that i would surely appreciate it.

cap201010222005.jpg

cap2010102220012.jpg

cap201010222004.jpg

Installation

Requires: Must be Running rubiX Focused 1.0

1. Download file and place the .zip file on the root of your sd card
2. Reboot into Clockwork recovery
3. Install .zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard
4. Install rubiX-V3BlacBarModtom108.zip

Download:
rubiX-V3BlacBarModtom108.zip

-

Upvote 0
Bored... so threw together a few tweaks for the black notification bar...

Some info, and screenshots here:
rubiX Focused modified black notification bar

Enjoy!

Note: This is NOT an official update, change, etc. to Focused... just something I threw together in my free time.

Just wanted you to know I threw this on my DroidX during lunch today and its perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. THANK YOU!

GMB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones