• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DISCONTINUED] SimplicityXL {Updated 5/17/14}

It worked! Thanks Chev! Everything seems to go gone well except for 2 things. Every time I restart the phone it says "secure booting error cause device unlock so boot success!" Is this normal? I'm a noob to flashing Roms so I just want to make sure. And also how come I don't have the "CRT effect" when I shut off the screen?

Yes that's normal and idk it works when it wants to on this phone lol.

Reactions: Techlord
Upvote 0
Awesome beats has a bug in Bluetooth.
Connecting to my portable speakers causes force close right when it says 'connected'.
That's my two cents, everything else works pretty swell.

I too have a bug where on some connection to devices, Bluetooth doesn't work at all.

Don't install awesome beats during aroma and problem fixed. Awesome beats its just DSP manager anyway with a few words changed as far as I can tell.

Thanks gonna check it out

Thanks. Is it safe to remove Google play music and the lg gallery with titanium backup? I don't want it and clicked it by accident in aroma.

Yes you can.

Upvote 0
Attention:
Within the next few days you will get an OTA ROM Update to Version 1.0.4, THIS UPDATE WILL WIPE YOUR DATA So you will need to back your things up. Now let me be clear when backing things up, Theres no point in backing up your data with cwm and then advance restoring it after you install the update because you basically cancelled out the Wiping data part. Look below to see how to deal with backing & restoring your data.

WRONG WAY TO BACKUP AND RESTORE DATA
1. boot into cwm
2. backup data
3. install rom
4. advance restore backed up data

RIGHT WAY TO BACKUP AND RESTORE DATA
1. Open the app called "Backup" in your drawer
2. Tap on manual Backup
3. Backup to SDcard if you have enough space if not choose internal once again if you have enough space.
4. Tap on New Backup
5. Select the things and Apps you want to Back up "i suggest you put a check on everything"
6. Tap backup and let its do its thing.
7. Install ROM
8. Boot ROM and open Backup app
9. Restore Data
10. Enjoy the Update.

The Reason it will wipe Data is because this update brings lots of new features and will bring refreshments to your phone when it comes to speed, battery and reliability.

Upvote 0
Is there any way i could flash the boost mobile rom to my phone? I really want this rom, if not, do you know of any other roms that work with this phone? Thanks,

I mean you could flash it. Its not gonna screw up your phone entirely. Service and other crap might be broken. Nothing should go wrong But give it a shot at your own risk.

Upvote 0
hey chevan, i tried to flash the stock boost mobile rom to my phone with cw recovery and it failed. at that point i decided, screw it im gonna try to install simplicity anyways. i am happy to say it installed flawlessly and works fine on my us cellular f7. so you should probably update the post to show that it works on us cellular too! thanks! :D

Upvote 0
the only bug i have noticed is that sometimes (every 2-3 minutes) i get a unfortunatley system ui has stopped message, and i lose my statusbar. it says that a few times, and then starts working again. it will then do it a few minutes later. also, i get a message on boot that says "hands free activation. contacting network" a few seconds later i get "network error, please try again later." my phone works fine afterwards though, so it obviously didn't need to be activated XD. i can live with these for now though. thanks again!

Upvote 0
the only bug i have noticed is that sometimes (every 2-3 minutes) i get a unfortunatley system ui has stopped message, and i lose my statusbar. it says that a few times, and then starts working again. it will then do it a few minutes later. also, i get a message on boot that says "hands free activation. contacting network" a few seconds later i get "network error, please try again later." my phone works fine afterwards though, so it obviously didn't need to be activated XD. i can live with these for now though. thanks again!

Send me your stock us cellular nandroid backup. How is 3g/4g MMS and call doing?

Upvote 0
I don't know. Just now I got the notification from the android forums app but the led didn't flash. Only the sound. Gmail notification also. The messaging led notification does work.

Not every app has a LED light flash feature. Once again Find a app to handle your LED light such as Light Manager in the playstore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones