[ROM] Simply Stunning v3.2 (5/20/10)

Last Updated:

1. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    Nicks88 likes this.
  2. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

Great...just when I get settled in, it's time to flash another rom.

3. bose301s

bose301s Well-Known Member

I will probably be trying it, already switched to his new kernel for my JRummy install though.

4. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Dammit, I am cruising with the Cyan test 1 now. I have been tweaking it for hours!
    I don't even want to click the link...too late :(

It would have been nice if he credited Pete for the scripts because I "believe" he pioneered that.

Looks good otherwise - I will wait for someone else to try it.

5. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to finally have to give Simply Stunning a try.
    I love Bugless Beast but the ESE81 has been running crappy on my phone.
    I tried the regular, NexBeast, and Bekit and P3kernels, tweaking xbin files i dont even understand, and all kinds of crap. I still get FCs all the time. And no matter what launcher I use it redraws all the time.
    I get acore FCs all the time, and the email/mms patch just breaks my email app.

As soon as BBv1.1 comes out though I'm definitely giving it a shot.

6. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

"6. Battery increments in 10% values now, and below 20%, at 5% increments!" Hot damn! I'm trying it right now. I go where the battery percentages are. It's a crazy ROM fetish of mine.

He's charging in the pictures. I hope it shows in the icon.

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

glad chevy used koush's anyupdater format on his new kernels so they can work with any rom like p3s.

8. jackburnt

Ok, installed. I'm digging it so far. The blue is nice, but not my cup of tea. Much prefer a green layout, but that's just preference.

The battery icon is perfect though.

I'll do some testing in a minute. Thank God I bought Titanium Backup as manually installing backups sucked.

9. jackburnt

One thing I'd like to add: He includes Titanium Backup with the ROM, which is fantastic. Now I don't have to manually type my longass password to log into Market to download Keepass. Now I can restore Keepass and copy the password!

Everything's running smoothly so far.

EDIT: Only problem is black text on market downloads make it harder to read. He said he's working on that issue though.

10. Trapper31

Trapper31 Well-Known Member

Yeah in his thread at DF jrummy actually chimed in and provided a fix for the Market text:

5/20/10 - Simply Stunning v3.2 ROM - Titanium Backup/New Icons/10% Battery Increments - Page 16 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

P.S. Haven't installed the rom yet so I don't know how effective it is, but some folks have said it works.

11. jackburnt

I don't have MM installed, so I'll wait till Chevy fixes it in a patch.

Wish he was on ROM Manager, but oh well.

It's a great ROM and I think I'll stick with it until BB1.1 or new CM comes out.

12. Trapper31

I went ahead and installed this rom about 3 hours ago and so far I heart it. I've always been a fan of the Smoked Glass theme and Chevy's work, and so far his latest release has been nice and fast and bug-free. Even more bugless than the beast so far actually, I was had a weird rebooting issue while mounting and unmounting the MicroSD card with BB1.0.

Of course it has only been a few hours so I can't give a final verdict, but if you like the blue look give this one a go!

And donate to Chevy, I just learned today that he is a fellow beer-drinking metalhead (who happens to make sweet roms).

mik3_cl likes this.
  13. bose301s

You don't have to like the blue look to give it a try, he has a stock theme version which is what I would use.

Trapper31 likes this.
  14. Trapper31

You're exactly right, I completely forgot about the non-themed rom! Thank you!

Therefore everyone should give this a shot.

15. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I've been using the adw launcher instead of helix and his changes to the framework jacks it up. I had to go back to BB. I didn't even play around with it. Seemed nice. Was slower than BB to me but I just installed it and played with it for 5mins before I realized even a modified launcher.apk doesnt work. There was a comment by chevy saying it worked fine, but not for me. Everything was all rotated and graphically wrong

16. dblock110

dblock110 Well-Known Member

u had rebooting issues because your sd car notification sound is on the sd card , fab talks about this in the first post im pretty sure . disable the sd card sound or pick a sound on your phone and it will not do that

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

17. rustymcbain

rustymcbain Well-Known Member

I love the way it looks great work there. I seem to have battery life issues with the included kernals. Can we use bekits 1.2 ghz kernals with this rom? nexbeast 1.01 with bekits was the best battery performance I have seen yet. Anyone else agree?

18. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I don't kow about the battery life but it is the best performance combo I have used to date. I'm one of those weird users that don't see huge battery performance difference regardless of the ROMs or kernels I use. Maybe I just use the best ROMs and kernels :)

19. jackburnt

I believe you can use other kernels as he set it up with Koush's "anysomething."

I'm using P3D 1.2 and it runs fine.

20. les017

les017 Active Member

Been using SS 3.2 since day one and it is the first Rom to finaly sway me away from SG601. Very similar actually, as the theme is based off Adams original theme. Smooth and fast, and generally more behaved than BBV1, at least in my experience.

21. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan Well-Known Member

I tried this for about a day, and i had to go back to nEXbeast101. I had really slow laggy reaction times on the phone, misc reboots, and just random wierdness. I did the wipe data an cache, and it still was wonky. Of all the roms currently out, i gotta say nexbeast is the bomb for me.

22. bose301s

Has anyone had problems installing new apps from the market with this ROM? I had used it for about a day then randomly the MArket app started FCing after a new app was downloaded and was going to be installed. I tried rebooting and a few other ideas but nothing worked so I went back to JRummy .7 for now.

23. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

Go into Settings -> Applications -> Market -> Uninstall Updates

Same thing happened to me for some reason. This solved it.

I LOVE this ROM. With ADW launcher it is so incredibly fast. I love built from source ROMs, but always HATED the haptic feedback they had. The fact that Chevy got the haptic feedback back to stock completely sold me on this version of SS.

I kept getting FC's on NexBeast whenever I would receive a call, so I switched to SS. I think I'll be keeping it. :D

24. mik3_cl

mik3_cl Active Member Developer

I've been running Chevy since 2.1, love it, but with this one I get force closing; ANDROID.PCROCESS.ACORE

somthing like that, im not sure the exact wording.
    anybody have any ideas?
    S.S. 3.2
    1.1 mhz (chevys kernal)
    adw launcher (my suspect)

25. mik3_cl

mik3_cl Active Member Developer

I've been running Chevy since 2.1, love it, but with this one I get force closing; ANDROID.PCROCESS.ACORE

somthing like that, im not sure the exact wording.
    anybody have any ideas?
    S.S. 3.2
    1.1 mhz (chevys kernal)
    adw launcher (my suspect)