• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Smoked Glass ----CHARITY----Themed Rom FRG22 Version 6.0 ! ! | Motorola Droid

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I'm quite enjoying this ROM. Thanks dew for your hard work! :)

I just noticed a couple of aesthetic bugs that I hope you might fix for the next release, or maybe could you issue a small update.zip to remedy these? Shouldn't be too bad...

1) BoB (black on black ) text in the notification bar occurs for music players like Pandora, or Cubed (3):

snap20100810211035.png

2) The horizontal line that extends across the glossy title bar for apps suddenly goes a bit lower toward the edges... in other words, the line doesn't stay straight near the edges. Take a look at the top right of the screen, across from "Settings", under the clock ...

snap20100810211405.png

Also, I've noticed a rather annoying but that I think I've read about on some other Android forum though probably not with this particular ROM (maybe it's FRG22-specific?) I was listening to Pandora, and I unplugged my headphones. After I plugged them back in, I noticed that suddenly my music player (Cubed, or "3") was playing a song as well. I had to manually go and pause that player. It simply started playing without me going to the app or anything (though I had been using it like ten minutes earlier) ...

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this overall and if you could fix these three bugs I'd be even happier :)

Thanks!! :D

dt

Upvote 0
Sorry, I'm a little bit confused on this thread. Is this release being referred to a rooted or unrooted version?
Is it for the Moto Droid?
I am running the stock Moto Droid FRG01B and do not want to root this one.
Just basically trying to get to the FRG2.2 release so as to correct the myriad problems from the previous 2.2 release.
If not what is the location for the FRG2.2 release?

Upvote 0
Love this ROM so far, very fast and I like that it's already got a 1.1Ghz kernel in it.

An issue or two that I'm having so far is with the add ons. I have the Adobe Flash zip installed, but Hulu won't play, saying its not compatible with my device.

Also, I have the Droid X wallpapers on my SD card, but I can't see them anywhere in the gallery or wallpaper gallery, plus I can't make them a wallpaper straight from Astro. Any tips?

Ahem. Anything here?

Upvote 0
I've been unable to install the new Chrome to Phone app in the Market on this ROM. Anybody else?

I was able to install the new Voice Search app by 1st uninstalling the old VS via TiBu, reboot, dl new VS from Market. But the same procedure doesn't work for C2P.

Edit: After the 3rd try, I was able to get the new C2P app to install from the Market.

Upvote 0
I would like to know how do I know which ver. of the rom I am running. I rooted my phone and have su access. I install the below rom but no changes on my phone. I followed the step below using ROM Manager. I have a Droid 1 - ver. 2.2 kernel ver. 2.632.9.g874c292 - Build number FRG22D

We'll call this version 6.0 - It's based on FRG22

Download Link: sg60-update.zip

UPDATE.ZIP File. See instructions below.

v6.0 - Changelog from 5.x
New System Base - FRG22
Completely Deodexed, Optimized, and Zipaligned.
New Kernel by ChevyNo1 - 1100Mhz Low Volt
CPU Temp reporting works (check in setcpu or temp monitor)
New Facebook Application
Busybox Installer pre-installed - Keeps busybox up to date
System-wide sound EQ - very cool !

Installation file is now in update.zip format; compatible with both SPRecovery & Clockworkmod. Installation is also much simpler now.

I've pretty much ported the smoked glass theme we all have come to know and love and packaged it into a pretty awesome FRG01B Based Froyo ROM. This is an update to my original posting found here:
[ROM] Smoked Glass ----CHARITY---- Themed Rom FRG01B Version 5.0

I don't think asking for personal donations is in line with the ideas behind open source software. Thus, I have decided to collect donation money for charity.

Please Donate, read below...

ALL (100%) of the money will go to NATIONAL PARK FOUNDATION: Oil Disaster Recovery. I will be fully transparent in this process and will show any donors proof of the organization's receipt. I know this is a new idea, I hope it catches on. Please check out the organization at:

Help Our Gulf Parks

Send donations directly by clicking the link above, or PM me for my PayPal address.

So far I have gotten excellent feedback on the ROM.

Here's some info on it:
ChevyNo1's 1100Mhz Low Voltage Kernell (Fast boot time, Improved Battery life, Great performance)
Based on FRG22, newest available release
Deodex'd, Zipaligned, & Fully Optimized!
Fully enabled & working apps2sd
Root Access w/ SuperUser 2.2 (latest version)
Busybox Installed & Working, includes installer for updating
All Ads Blocked! Apps & Browser
Smoked Glass Widgets (Credit to AdamZ)
Minimum Brightness Hack
Higher quality video recording
HTC Toolbar / Toolbar Icons
White Clock / All Ongoing Notifications Fixed (Music, Phone, etc)
Big library of system sounds (All 2.0, 2.1, & 2.2)
Droid X Ringtones
Green Progress Bar
Long WiFi Scan (Battery Saver)
Ringer Delay Fix
Slow Market Fix (all apps showing)
I removed Visual Voicemail, Amazon MP3, & Twitter from /system/apps.
Includes Chrome2Phone
Includes Motoroi File Manager, Notes Widget, Slideshow widget, and World Clock widget
Includes the latest version of Google Maps (4.4)
MMS app from CyanogenMod (more customizable, including black background)
Allows any type of file to be downloaded through stock browser
In this release, I decided to leave Email & Car Home 2.2. If you want to remove it (or any other /system application) use Titanium Backup - free in market.
Wired/Wireless Tether Tested & Working (no longer included)
I highly recommend using Launcher Pro, It's free in the market. Much smoother than the stock Launcher....

Download Link: sg60-update.zip

Instructions...

Backing up...
Google saves your contacts, programs, settings, and bookmarks on the cloud.
You can double-back up program with Titanium backup, which will also backup application settings
You can back up text messages with a market app called "SMS Backup & Restore".

File is in the UPDATE.ZIP format.

Clockworkmod
Place the file you downloaded anywhere on the SD Card. Easiest place would be the root directory.
Chose "Install zip from sdcard" from the main menu
Select "Chose zip from sdcard"
Browse to the file (SG51-update.zip) and select it. Confirm the install, let it do it's magic.
Reboot.

SPRecovery
Rename the file you downloaded to update.zip and place it in the root of the SD Card.
Select Install from the main menu
Select Allow update.zip Installation
Select Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)
Reboot.

If you are running the most recent version of my ROM, you may not need to wipe data/cache (factory reset). It's never a bad idea though. If you bootloop, that is the reason.

Here's a few quick screenshots:

cap2010061101061.jpg

cap201006110106.jpg

Here are a few more cool apps while I'm at it...

F L A S H ! ! ! ! ! ! (Newest Version - Beta 3)
com.adobe.flashplayer-10.1.72.7.apk.zip

Get Wireless Tether Here:
http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/files/wireless_tether_2_0_2.apk

Get Wired Tether Here:
http://android-wired-tether.googlecode.com/files/wired_tether_1_2.apk

SetCPU:
Market (Support the Dev!)
-or-
SetCPU for Root Users [2.0.2] This *actually* changes everything. 08/02/2010 - xda-developers

Chrome2Phone (Download plugin for your browser here)
Downloads - chrometophone - Project Hosting on Google Code

DroidX wallpapers. Download here: xpapers.zip
Enjoy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones