[ROM STABLE] Android 2.2 FRG01 (Clean, Untouched, Virgin)

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

1. 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Member Developer

I present to you a completely untouched Android 2.2 FRG01B ROM. The ONLY changes that have been made are the replacement of some build keys in the build.prop to protect the source and the fact that I have rooted it for you. This also INCLUDES the official 600mhz boot.img for FRG01B.

Download Links:
    Odexed ROM

F.A.Q.

Q) Where did you get these files?
    A) That is none of your business, just enjoy them.

Q) How is this "UNTOUCHED"?
    A) I used unyaffs to extract the sbf....Google it.

Q) How can I donate to Pete?
    A) I'm so glad you asked, here's the link: [​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
    Jedii, Gunner, loooney2ns and 8 others like this.
  2. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member

Thanks!
  3. superdorf

superdorf Well-Known Member

Can I upgrade from BB v.4 to this without clearing cache?
  4. mykd99

mykd99 Well-Known Member

wow, Pete you are the man!
  5. quicker than most of the other froyo 2.2's ive used however call me a newbie...but I cant run most of my after-market apps on it. i.e dmupdater, eoeappinstaller. Any ideas???
  6. htowngtr

htowngtr Well-Known Member

Planning to make a BB out of this for the original droid?
  7. webeougher

webeougher Well-Known Member

Between the guy from AllDroid getting Pete a DInc, and everyone voting for Pete to get a DX (which now consumes the entirety of his free time based on his tweets), I'd say Bugless Beast on Droid 1 is all-but-dead.

RIP BB - it was a good run while it lasted.
  8. dt_

dt_ Well-Known Member

Thanks Pete! Just a few questions though (for anyone to answer if possible)

- What is the difference between an "untouched" ROM like this and Bugless Beast? Will BB give me better battery life?

- Will BB 0.5 (and/or future BB's) be based on this Froyo build instead of FRF84?

- What does "odexed" / "deodexed" mean?

- Does this Froyo build fix the "crappy Pandora / AAC+ decoding / audio quality" bug? ( see here: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/119289-any-rom-compatible-pandora.html )

I'd also like to echo superdorf's question:

Thanks in advance, everyone :)
  9. wadsface

wadsface Well-Known Member

1. Untouched means he has not modded anything about it, added any scripts, features or anything that ROM makers normally do. It is a clean ROM straight from google*

*with root added and build.prob edit as mentioned.

2. Pete will have to answer that.

3. http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/104855-what-exactly-deodexed.html

4. Unknown at this time, I have flashed this and will test it out.
  10. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Well-Known Member Developer

Nah. He's gonna release another one. I don't think Bugless Beast will ever die. Pete loves developing to much to quit now. Droid X is still on lockdown, not much you can do til it gets the proper root and so on. He's far from done....
  11. wadsface

Flashed this today and for some reason felt the need to test out those super fast kernels (1280, 1330, 1350, 1400). 1280 was the only one that did anything, others crashed immediately or quickly after setting it to max.

Scores for the stock kernel are the slower ones. It is 800mhz. Still very good scores for a stock ROM, I <3 Froyo.

Faster one is 1280. Best scores I have gotten so far.

Attached Files:

12. superdorf

superdorf Well-Known Member

Did you have to clear cache when you flashed this?
  13. wadsface

I did, totally wiped in fact, system, boot, data and cache.

Did I have to? I don't know, I always just do it, personal policy.

I will link this only to say that some one else with this build says that

But I cannot confirm nor deny this.

New Leak: How about the Most Recent Froyo build for the Droid - FRG01B
  14. mykd99

mykd99 Well-Known Member

Was running JRummy's Kangerade 5.0.9. I only wiped cache, then installed this update. Everything seems to work so far.
  15. holmgren

holmgren Well-Known Member

16. dt_

dt_ Well-Known Member

I keep seeing mentions of people doing wipes. How exactly do you wipe certain things and what effect does it have? can it be done thru clockworkmod or rom manager?

17. randallman

randallman Active Member

dt_, it does not seem to fix the pandora 'thin sound' issue... FWIW...

18. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Yes, you can do it through both (only in ROM manager if you're using it to change ROMs, it gives you the option to wipe when it downloads). In CW, on the main menu, there's an option to do a factory wipe and cache wipe. I recommend doing this before every ROM change and use Titanium backup or Chevys bkapps/rstapps scripts to restore data (this method has worked best for me).

So are there any themes I can apply with CW over top of this vanilla ROM? I would switch if there was. More specifically NexTheme or Smoked glass.
  19. dt_

dt_ Well-Known Member

Thanks.. . :(

Thanks! :)
  20. randallman

randallman Active Member

FYI, it seems as though the builtin mail client (Verizon app?) is more stringent about using IMAP with SSL or TLS.

My personal imap server has always allowed for TLS and SSL, but I had never updated the certificate. On this build, it seems that it cares about the expiration date and the CN (common name) on the certificate. The certificate actually expired Sep 8 2009, so it has been expired for quite some time :)

Regenerating a new key/csr and signing the cert (with my own internal Cert Authority) seems to have solved the problem.
  21. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member

22. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

I installed this ROM and it works very well. I had to wipe data and cache and reinsall before I was able to send email though.

My battery took much longer to charge and so far is keeping a charge much longer. Anyone else have this result?
  23. dfine06

dfine06 Well-Known Member

well i just loaded this and i can tell you right off the bat my battery definately takes longer to charge. which im really hoping will lead to better life throughout the day because since i rooted its been terrible. so ill see tommorow.

hey wadsface. what kernal did you run?
  24. overcaffein8d

overcaffein8d Well-Known Member

What were you upgrading from?