• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.3 Android 2.2

So I can skip wiping if I'm running 0.2.1 FRF57 even though this is FRF83?
[/COLOR]

I didn't wipe anything but cache and I've experienced no issues at all. In fact, this ROM has been rock solid stable.

If I were you, I'd try it without wiping anything but cache and then if you experience issues, wipe all the partitions and try again.

Upvote 0
I didn't wipe anything but cache and I've experienced no issues at all. In fact, this ROM has been rock solid stable.

If I were you, I'd try it without wiping anything but cache and then if you experience issues, wipe all the partitions and try again.
Bawwww, but that means I actually have to DO things instead of being lazy and letting ROM Manager do it. Oh well. :p
And the BB Toolkit looks amazing! :D

Upvote 0
It's a shame
Two crashes to reboot on this with T. BU not even at 15 apps in to restoring.
Goodbye, it's unfortunate because I have been with BB for some time, but Froyo BB has been nothing but instability.
Back to JRummy for now (which I really do like)
I have to agree. :( The BB froyo roms have been very laggy and buggy for me. I finally found a rom that's been running great, Chevy's SS 4.2 has been running pretty awesome.

I tried going to BB0.3 and couldn't get it to run correctly, so I went back. Too bad, always was a BB fan, hopefully Fab continues to make some themes are are just updates vs full roms so I can still enjoy his work!

Running: Simply Stunning 4.2 Froyo
Chevy LV 1000
Fab's Droid X theme :)

Upvote 0
Flashed and working great. Have had no problems at all. Not using a theme, was thinking about trying the DroidX. Using Chevy's 250-1200 ULV kernal. I have been having weird things happen with the wifi, signal strength indicator that has happened with ALL of the Froyo ROMs I have tried that are still present in BB 0.3, but other then that I have no complaints at all, this is the most stable ROM I have run yet!

BB Toolkit is great btw!

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I just installed BB 0.3 with no problems and I cache/data wiped. My problem now is, when I downloaded TiBU and Rom Manager, they downloaded fine but will not install. I just get the constant "installing" down arrow in the top bar. Anyone who can help me fix this, please? I really want to give this ROM a try.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I have a question as well. What other kernels can i run besides P3Droids?
I know Chevy Kernels but where would i find them?
and what ever happend to Bekit? Do they have any kernels i can run with BBv0.3??

Bekits been working on his Froyo kernel for CM6 release. When it drops it should be pretty amazing... from what I hear.
;)

Actually I think Koush is going to post a non incremental FRF85 .zip on ROM Manager tonight....

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I, too, am having issues with TiBu rebooting when I try to batch re-install or singly re-install certain apps (Calorie Counter, BatteryLife, Quadrant, Cardstar, and Subsonic. I'm running 0.3 (obviously) with the included Kernel, and Fab's xBeast theme.

Incidentally, Fab, any chance you'll include a themed ringer widget in xBeast 0.2 like there was in NexBeast?

Upvote 0
I don't use Tibu. Never have. I assumed that when I installed the ROM, my settings, bookmarks, everything synced up with my Google account would come back...

Apps have never synced for me when I go to a new ROM. I will log into my Google account but it never happens. I really wish it would work for me because I'm sick of having to install them all myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones