• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.5 Android 2.2 FRG22D

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 64 60.4%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
I am unable to connect to my WiFi which is very disappointing because I basically cannot do anything until I get this fixed. I do not have 3G at my house, not even 1x. I have reinstalled the ROM fresh two times now. It's very strange because after I reinstalled it my text messages are still available which makes me think it isn't properly wiping my data. I am wiping data and cache two times each, with SPRecovery...

Upvote 0
If only I had seen this post, sooner, as I spent a fair bit of time fixing my search button, today. Anyway, would you happen to know of any issues regarding the browser(s) not loading web pages?

For a good bit, yesterday, the OEM browser would launch, load for a second, then close. Now, both Dolphin and the OEM browser both load about half way, then become hung up and unresponsive.

Any insight/ideas?

Upvote 0
If only I had seen this post, sooner, as I spent a fair bit of time fixing my search button, today. Anyway, would you happen to know of any issues regarding the browser(s) not loading web pages?

For a good bit, yesterday, the OEM browser would launch, load for a second, then close. Now, both Dolphin and the OEM browser both load about half way, then become hung up and unresponsive.

Any insight/ideas?

Sorry, no insight here -- both the Browser and DolphinHD are working perfectly for me.

Upvote 0
King_Bean said:
Have any UD8 users tried this yet? If so, how does it compare?

Two totally different beasts (pun somewhat intended), so it's like comparing apples to oranges. UD is all about customization and BB is more focused on a nice combination of speed/customization/stability. If you've used BB in the past, this is a better version of what's come before.

emdmao said:
Really slick ROM so far. Though, it feels kind of bloated with apps that are included. But those are easily removed. The smart overclocking seems to work really well also. I uninstalled setcpu and am going to give this feature a run for a day or two

I don't understand how you can say it's bloated when you can remove more apps than in the standard FRG22D ROM - there's literally NOTHING Pete added that you can't remove, app-wise. I realize you mention this, but I just can't reconcile you calling it bloated with the reality of the situation. Is this your first BB rom, out of curiosity? Because Pete's done the overclocking before, and while this is an improved version of it, it's always worked really well, in my experience.

Great work as always Pete. One minor issue I have found don't know if it's a Rom thing or just my phone not playing nice, Chrome to phone is not working. Tried disconnecting and connecting also signing out from the desktop, still a no go.

Just tried it out on my phone, and it's not working either - Chrome says "Sent to phone." but nothing is coming through.

---
On an unrelated note, yes, I am cheerleading for this ROM twenty days or so after I predicted it would never come out and derided Pete for claiming 0.5 was coming with no tangible progress to be seen (other than by a few beta testers) - this should tell you something about how good this ROM is. Not only have I completely eaten my words, I've also begun to champion this ROM. If you're on the fence, TRY THIS ROM OUT.

Reactions: muab
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones