[ROM] [STABLE]CyanogenMod 7.1.0 Unoffical Precedent Port

Last Updated:

1. PoorBoy52760

PoorBoy52760 Well-Known Member

First off Thanks and Credits,

Thanks to Hroark13, pyske, and kouma For all your hard work on getting CM7 Ported to the Prevail and Access to your githubs for source that helped in getting it ported to the Precedent to all of the Beta Testers for risking damage to your Phones to Test and retest Multiple Betas Till we got a Working Alpha. and everyone for waiting and praying for this day to come.

CM7.1.0 Release Notes:

* - Complete Stock Compile Deodexed
    * - All Stock CM Apps included
    * - GApps Preinstalled
    * - ADW Launcher and ZeamLauncher Included
    * - Extra Internal Storage Space if you have a /sd-ext partition on your SDCARD

Confirmed Not Working:

# - Sending/Receiving Pic Messages while connected to Wifi - Minor but Looking into this.

PreReq: Must Be running AreaRom GB BootLoaders to Use this rom

2. xPureEvilx

xPureEvilx Well-Known Member

Way to go!
  3. xPureEvilx

MD5: 0b7177cd967fbc9c0e99f3688b6b74f2

This not being able to edit my post's is getting old real fast...​
  4. moddedout

moddedout Member

Awesome work guys. Really liking cm7
  5. PoorBoy52760

Thanks, Hroark13 and psyke, and kouma really Deserve alot of credit here without their knowledge and skill this wouldn't have ported so easy,

I can confirm, YouTube has Video and SOUND when playing on here, Everything works that i have tested, except sending and receiving Picture Messages while connected to Wifi this is a minor issue and from what i have seen it is a problem on the Prevail also, we are looking into getting this issue resolved..
  6. j3cool

j3cool New Member

Two problems I am having after installing this.
    First, I can't get the extra space trick to work. I have a second partition on my SD card, but when I format it as ext my phone will not boot. If it is formated fat32 or I leave it out of the phone it will boot no problem.
    Second, and more important, GPS will not work at all.
    Any and all help is appreciated.
  7. sillyname

sillyname Well-Known Member

Back up the data on your SD card, then partition the SD using CWM. the first time I did this it took nearly 6 minutes to boot up, but not after.

What Is ClockworkMod Recovery And How To Use It On Android [Complete Guide]
    Deepfried and PoorBoy52760 like this.
  8. PoorBoy52760

9. j3cool

j3cool New Member

Never was able to get the extra space trick to work. I used CWM to create the partitions the first time and I also tried Easues the second time and then back to CWM the third and fourth time. Nothing worked. And GPS never worked no matter what I tried. Worked with it for two days. Reinstalled about a dozen times going step by step with every suggestion. Re-downloaded the zip file just in case I had a bad download the first time. GPS never worked. I was using PandaBomb's cm7 and it worked great so i am going back to using his. If anyone has any other ideas I am willing to try it again.
  10. anthony062991

anthony062991 Well-Known Member

How did you manage to get the kernel to build? I've been at it for days.. Any advice would be great. Thanks..
  11. Deepfried

Deepfried Well-Known Member

So i asked around on some forums and decided to flash AR2.3 based on my search results. It runs smooth as hell and even with an un-parititioned SD it runs fast and offers plenty of memory.

Can someone elate to how CM7 compares to Arearom v2.3???

Thanks in advance..
  12. xPureEvilx

This CM7 port is done by the AreaRom guys, and does run good. It seems to be a matter of your preference. Personally I like AreaRom better, but a lot of people swear by CM7. So I would just suggest testing them out and see which you prefer. =)
    Deepfried and AndDude like this.
  13. AndDude

AndDude Member

Love this ROM. Any update on the GPS issue?
  14. PoorBoy52760

working on the drivers, might be a lil while though as we are having some issues with the Build Boxes..
  15. erikbenedict

erikbenedict New Member

As of right now I am on Arearom v2.3 and it is smooth also but I miss CM7. As soon as CM7 for precedent has working GPS I will be back for sure. Thank you for all the hard work and I cannot wait...
  16. Deepfried

Deepfried Well-Known Member

There is a version with working gps. But you wont find it on this forum. The Arearom team has it. ;)
  17. Hendoe

Hendoe Well-Known Member

so how do i get the gb bootlodder? i tryed to sign up for the site and been waiting on then confirm email. i tryed to find the odin tool that is needed but nothing. i have tryed to sign up on 3 different accounts and nothing. i looked in my spam and everything... can you help poor boy? or any one
  18. moddedout

moddedout Member

Hendoe what is the username u are trying to use over there cause I may be able to help
  19. Hendoe

Hendoe Well-Known Member

My user name is Hendoe or hendoe29... Something like it... I trued to make it from like 3 different emails... Thanks
  20. wiredanim

wiredanim New Member

I have been trying to register at androidarea51.com and every time it comes back with "An Error Has Occurred!" and I can't make it any further. This isn't for my phone but a friends and this looks like the best ROM for this phone hands down. I would really like to install it but can't get to the download, any suggestions? I have tried different browsers, different user names, and different emails.
  21. perfectionnv

perfectionnv New Member

whenever I try to open google play it crashes instantly and also it will not let me factory reset my phone now that I flashed this mod :/ any tips?
  22. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

So if I have the gb boot.img I can flash this right
  23. Th3Prophet

Th3Prophet New Member

If i do this to my phone will I still be able to make calls from it? I seen the post about having to use two Different apps to mms so I'm nervous about installing on the Phone I have to use.
  24. Android86

Android86 New Member