• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom] [Stock] Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (M040)

Did anyone know this file? file for booting?:thinking:

I already connect as MMC serial and get this file.
this extract from tz.img and modem.img?:thinking:
if this file are using for booting please upload

It's really hard to understand what are you trying to say because of prompt translator, but if you want tz.img and modem.img they are in the zips from first post.
modem.img is in baseband zip.
and tz.img is in bootloader zip
But don't flash tz.img by itself.
If you need to flash tz.img flash it with sbl1 sbl2 sbl3 and rpm all of them are in bootloader zip (see OP).

Upvote 0
Ok thank u, i fix it,
And once again,
Dear all too, how to increase battery life,
I use wolfscript from xda, i remove bloatware, and turn off some function, like a sync, gps, animation, and more, but the battery still fast drain,

Probably u all can be share, tips and trick to increase battery life for this rom

Thank u all

Best

Upvote 0
Ok thank u, i fix it,
And once again,
Dear all too, how to increase battery life,
I use wolfscript from xda, i remove bloatware, and turn off some function, like a sync, gps, animation, and more, but the battery still fast drain,

Probably u all can be share, tips and trick to increase battery life for this rom

Thank u all

Best

I just removed blotware and have no problems, but my device is C811. Most of users use C811 on this forums. But I heared other guys with CA-201L were complainig about the battery as well.
There is a guy at Russian forums just started developing the kernel.
The latest out there is just a test build but maybe it will eventually fix the problem for CA-201L in future.

Upvote 0
You had try the kernel doctoror, i tried to download from the forum.but is forbden 404

I tried to boot it via fastboot and had problems.
But the developer installed it and had it working on CA-201L.
In order to download you must be registered.
I uploaded it here on Google Drive.
Backup your current ROM.
Flash it.
In order to revert to stock go to CWM, choose "advanced restore" -> "restore boot".
I haven't tried it yet. Yet no one tried it on C811.

Any fixes for the USSD error and WiFi issue with the 4.1.2 ROM?
No. Wifi is not an issue really.
If something fixed I will post an update.

Upvote 0
Backup your current ROM.
Flash it.
In order to revert to stock go to CWM, choose "advanced restore" -> "restore boot".

Thank you. The WiFi issue is acceptable. But the constant USSD error popping up and waking the phone as is bad as the non Verizon SIM error.

Upvote 0
Thank you. The WiFi issue is acceptable. But the constant USSD error popping up and waking the phone as is bad as the non Verizon SIM error.
Constantly popping and waking the phone? It seems you're misunderstanding what is the error like. You have to perform the USSD request manually to get the message. If you don't ever use USSD you will have no problems with this ROM.

Upvote 0
Constantly popping and waking the phone? It seems you're misunderstanding what is the error like. You have to perform the USSD request manually to get the message. If you don't ever use USSD you will have no problems with this ROM.

What is USSD? I use GSM.

As far as the WiFi issue, is that a one time issue or does it happen every time the WiFi is turned on? I might go ahead and flash this ROM if its not too bad with those issues.

Upvote 0
What is USSD? I use GSM.

USSD is a type of coding that allows for data exchange during a call, i.e. if I dial #MIN (#646) the phone will call Verizon and I'll get a recording requesting my passcode. When I put that in the system will send me a text message during that call telling me how many minutes I have used.

There is a data exchange going on in the background where information about my telephone number and other identifying data is shared with verizon so the system knows who it is requesting the data and for what line.

An even better example is when you dial *228 on a CDMA phone from Verizon. That's how you program a phone for Verizon. While the song is playing data is exchanged from the phone to the network about the MEID and the network send the PRL and all the other operating parameters to the phone. This is a function of USSD. You can read more about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unstructured_Supplementary_Service_Data

When Doctoror puts in whatever USSD code that his carrier uses to check balance, minutes, etc. this phone does not know how to handle this so it pops up an error, in Chinese probably. Since it is a part of the firmware, even if he had downloaded and installed the update from Casio itself he would still have the error. It's not a bug in a sense that you can't do something normal, its a special case. Simply don't use any USSD codes and you won't see the error.

I suspect that when I go to Germany this summer if I try some of these Verizon USSD codes I'll see the same error.

The only bricks with this ROM have been from folks flashing it to the CA-201L model of this phone, nobody has reported an issue with the C811 version.

Jellybean really improves this phone, I think you'll be happy with it.

Reactions: xmguy1 and Doctoror
Upvote 0
Hey Doc,

First off, thanks for the awesome work you are doing with this phone. It is just strapping with potential!

My request is just to edit the OP to clarify using Adb to boot intro recovery to flash the zips/images. This is my first foray into the ROM world and tried to flash using flashify which ended in boot loop with ADB unable to detect :'(

So a " certified like-new" replacement later I'm a little hesitant to try until I know exactly what steps to take. I recommend further breaking down the steps you have in your OP for noobs like me. Maybe by phone and which software version you're currently on.

Once again thanks for the awesome work!

Upvote 0
What is USSD? I use GSM.

As far as the WiFi issue, is that a one time issue or does it happen every time the WiFi is turned on? I might go ahead and flash this ROM if its not too bad with those issues.

Yes, it's only a one-time issue.

Hey Doc,

First off, thanks for the awesome work you are doing with this phone. It is just strapping with potential!

My request is just to edit the OP to clarify using Adb to boot intro recovery to flash the zips/images. This is my first foray into the ROM world and tried to flash using flashify which ended in boot loop with ADB unable to detect :'(

So a " certified like-new" replacement later I'm a little hesitant to try until I know exactly what steps to take. I recommend further breaking down the steps you have in your OP for noobs like me. Maybe by phone and which software version you're currently on.

Once again thanks for the awesome work!

Hey.
If you get a replacement you will probably get the update over the air so no need doing this manually.
You probably got the bootloop because you haven't wiped the data and caches.

The extended steps will be.
1) Put CA-201L_aboot.zip, C811_M040_bootloader_no_aboot.zip, baseband_M8960A-1.5.38_C811M040.zip and C811_M040_system_boot.zip to Internal Storage or SD Card.
2) Flash Clockworkmod recovery using Flashify. This will replace your stock recovery with one that has more features.
3) Then boot into Clockworkmod using adb. To do this,
Turn on USB debugging in your device (Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging), install the drivers to your PC, install adb (and you can take a look at the brief tutorial) Connect the device to a PC, open command prompt as administrator and type
Code:
adb reboot recovery
command and hit enter.
If you get "adb is not a command" - it means no adb in your PATH, google around and you will get how to fix it.
If you get "device not found" - no drivers or bad drivers or you forgot to enable USB debugging or the phone is not connected or not powered on.
4) After it boots to Clockworkmod, choose "install zip from sdcard" (or external sdcard if the files are on SD Card), install the files in sequence in which they are listed on this post (actually sequence doesn't really matter, but I would go flashing starting from bootloader :) ).
Clockworkmod guide
5) Go back to main CWM menu, choose wipe cache, wipe data / factory reset, then choose advanced -> wipe dalvik cache.
6) After that you can choose "reboot system now".

Upvote 0

Hey.
If you get a replacement you will probably get the update over the air so no need doing this manually.

1) Put CA-201L_aboot.zip, C811_M040_bootloader_no_aboot.zip, baseband_M8960A-1.5.38_C811M040.zip and C811_M040_system_boot.zip to Internal Storage or SD Card.
2) Flash Clockworkmod recovery using Flashify. This will replace your stock recovery with one that has more features.
Turn on USB debugging in your device (Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging), install the drivers to your PC, install adb (and you can take a look at the brief tutorial) Connect the device to a PC, open command prompt as administrator and type
Code:
adb reboot recovery
command and hit enter.
If you get "adb is not a command" - it means no adb in your PATH, google around and you will get how to fix it.
If you get "device not found" - no drivers or bad drivers or you forgot to enable USB debugging or the phone is not connected or not powered on.
4) After it boots to Clockworkmod, choose "install zip from sdcard" (or external sdcard if the files are on SD Card), install the files in sequence in which they are listed on this post (actually sequence doesn't really matter, but I would go flashing starting from bootloader :) ).
Clockworkmod guide
5) Go back to main CWM menu, choose wipe cache, wipe data / factory reset, then choose advanced -> wipe dalvik cache.

I'm going to go ahead and flash the ROM. Thanks Doctoror and RJGLENN.

Upvote 0
Well got the rom installed. Didn't wipe the system besides the Davlik and Cache. Seems a lot smoother. What is that app however for adding APNs?

I've had no WiFi issues either. All smooth sailing so far. Thank you Doctoror! :)

Install and convert Offline SIM APN Database to system app (you can convert via Titanium Backup menu), add an APN and save ignoring the warning.

Reactions: xmguy1
Upvote 0
Backup your current ROM.
Flash it.

I have tried, but nothing change for my ROM, that file for c811 or ca-201l, cause i used CA201l

Thanks Doctoror

Upvote 0

Hey.

Code:
adb reboot recovery
command and hit enter.
Clockworkmod guide

Thank you very much. That's exactly what I needed! I just want to confirm that for step 2 in order to flash CWM I just have to flash that recovery image you linked to. I will be trying this tonight. Thanks a ton!

Upvote 0
Some info. You don't have to wipe the phones memory. Davlik and Cache is advised however. If you already set a GSM APN it will still be present. However it can't be edited or a new one added without offline APN Editor. The same app for allowing incoming calls and blocking the non Verizon SIM error app still works. Root works with the Superuser app with a Pound (#) sign as the logo. (For me ) WiFi didn't break and (I don't use ) USSD errors were not present. I highly recommend Doctorors ROM. I'm sure KitKat (unofficial) is coming soon. Many thanks Doctoror!!

Reactions: nobitapr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones