• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom] [Stock] Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (M050)

Doctoror

Nov 5, 2013
Lviv, Ukraine
M050 changelog

Lags quite a bit at first start (as always for C811)
After removing stock apps and rebooting running smoothly.

Credits go to brandennj for the extracted ROM.

Installation:

Skip this spoiler if you have already installed CWM.
Install
Clockworkmod using Flashify (flash as zip)
In order to reboot to CWM, execute
Code:
su
reboot recovery
In terminal emulator or in adb shell.
In order to use key combination to enter recovery (Tactile Key + Volume Down + Power), flashCA-201L aboot (not tested with M050 bootloader)
Flash

Didn't test the updated bootloader with CA-201L aboot (I'm running with M040 bootloader + CA-201L aboot right now).

If you're feeling adventurous :D you can try updating the bootloader

CA-201L users should probably try without baseband first. Never flash bootloader on CA-201L.

Attachments

• M050_1.jpg
    M050_1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 433
  • M050_2.jpg
    M050_2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Doctoror ,

I have a question, if I would of pulled the file from my phone, with just stock apps, would it make it less lagy ?

Deleting stock apps make it less laggy no matter if they were deleted before flashing or after flashing.

It's better to have the ROM flashable as much close to the stock as possible just in case something from stock is needed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones