• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM]Stock|Root|Odex|DeOdex LJ3|MB2|MF2

lol nah it takes a deodex'd rom and odex's it. so lets say you were using metropolis and installed a theme and one of teh mods. you run this and it will odex it so it boots faster :)

Oh shhhh****** yeah. You the man. So I can basically take my metropolis setup, odex it, & it will perform better than my stock ics, correct?
Is this for tw only?

Upvote 0
Is that the only advantage to odex, shabb? Faster boot times?
odex improves overall speed from my understanding (Optimized Dalvik EXecutable)
Oh shhhh****** yeah. You the man. So I can basically take my metropolis setup, odex it, & it will perform better than my stock ics, correct?
Is this for tw only?

well metropolis should run faster than ics regardless :p but this *SHOULD* work on ANY rom on any device. once its odex'd you cant do any themeing etc. im not sure on how it would work on metropolis overall since metropolis is a engineering build, its why i suggested doing it in this thread as ldrifta has kindly provided roms that should work no issues :)

Reactions: ARocker
Upvote 0
odex improves overall speed from my understanding (Optimized Dalvik EXecutable)

well metropolis should run faster than ics regardless :p but this *SHOULD* work on ANY rom on any device. once its odex'd you cant do any themeing etc. im not sure on how it would work on metropolis overall since metropolis is a engineering build, its why i suggested doing it in this thread as ldrifta has kindly provided roms that should work no issues :)

T

Upvote 0
1. In order to Odex a ROM thats deOdexed just flash
Odex-Rom, any wiping needed?

2. Tried to change boot animation through ROM Toolbox on the Deodexed LJ3. It did not take.
What could be the problem?

ldrifta needs to add bootanimation support in teh kernel before you can use bootanimation.zip files

Reactions: morgankslade
Upvote 0
Kinda wonder that myself lol. I'm runnin bb6 at the moment & haven't noticed any difference
well the main difference between odex and de-odex is the dalvik cache build during a fresh install(only has to optimize during first boot of ANY de-odex app), long story short yes ODEX app's run a little faster in a sense of considering the boot proccess and dalvik cache, but in all honesty, any app you dl from market will be de-odex'd, and i haven't noticed a large difference on general device performance, the boot time is indeed faster when the majority of apps is ODEX'd, but rom/system performance in general hasn't semed to change overall...

so it's just up to you, how many times do you really wipe data/cache etc..?

Reactions: jtw1216
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones