(ROM) Stock-Vibrant ~ Flashable Rom via ClockWorkMod

Last Updated:

1. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I spent the night working on an update.zip for everyone, I know the likely of it being used is far and between, but wanted to give people Option's for flashing as well being able to flash on the go like I do [​IMG]

Before we start, I installed the Factory Rom here > True Stock 2.1 firmware for vibrant - xda-developers

This likely don't matter, I just flashed based on Reports it had better signal.
    To boot Downloader Mode, Power off Phone!
    Hold Volume up + Down & Hit the Power button ( Do not Hold the Power button, only Both Volume Key's )

Secondly, I had Flashed this Root method here > Root your Vibrant - xda-developers

To Root my Phone before I started [​IMG]
    You can also boot into Recovery by Holding Volume Up + Power

From this Point, I installed Koush Rom Manager app & selected Vibrant when asked ( P.S. Huge fan of Koush's work ).

After I had downloaded the Recovery via Rom Manager, I booted into recovery and ran the update.zip which booted me into ClockworkMod Recovery mod. [​IMG]

Once inside ClockworkMod the Power button on my Phone no longer Select the Option you are wishing to use, I did however Noticed that the back key ( Next to the Search ) did however work for making selection via Menu.

For now, this update will not flash the zImage, I'll be adding that in the Next update, or trying to once I get more familiar with the Phone.

Rom ~ Stock_Vibrant > STock_Vibrant.zip
    *Feature's*
    - Stock
    - Rooted
    - Busybox
    - Busybox symlinks Fully working [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. kbohip

kbohip Well-Known Member

Haha, you just got this phone yesterday didn't you?:D That has to be the fastest any Vibrant's gone from the box to rooted ever. I'm brand new to the rooting scene, having just flashed (old school computer term I know) the rom on my wife's old G1 to the newest Cyanogenmod 6 (Android 2.2). It's sad in a way that my brand new Vibrant is now running older software than an old G1. I look forward to someday rooting and flashing a custom rom to my Vibrant, but for now I'm still happy enough.

3. rocketragz

rocketragz Well-Known Member

I have no idea what you just said :)

4. Killing Hours

Killing Hours Member

BH ... I appreciate all your work and providing for us ignorant ones out here... but could I ask you to elaborate a little bit on the procedures you took in all this?

In particular how you installed the "stock" firmware that supposedly gives a better signal. Are you saying that you just renamed that "T959UVJFD.rar" to "Update.zip" and put it in the base directory then from recovery mode chose to "Reinstall Packages"? Or is there some other method to it?

If i'm asking a repeated question... do understand that I'm a total n00b to this and trying to understand how all this work and the "proper" way to go about this. If so... a link to the explanation would be great. Thanks.

Note: I'm still downloading the .rar and don't have any idea what is in it.

5. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This Flashes the Rom's ( system ) Folder only, like on the G1 / Mytouch / Galaxy / Slide / Legend ....etc...

This Stock_Vibrant.zip has nothing to do with Odin at all, I did a Pull from 2.1 system..
    At this Point in time if you need to flash recovery / zImage and so Forth, this wont work for that.. But does work for Flashing New edited Rom back to the Phone if People want to get into >

- Themes
    - Removal Of Bloat Ware
    - Mod's & Edits
    - etc....

However it does open the Doors up for us, I'll know more once I dig Deeper into the system.

6. fjweinbk

fjweinbk Active Member

I so LOST!