• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] [Rom][Stock]VM Pre-Rooted Stock Rom 4.1.2

meh! so i went to go factory re-set my phone to clean flash this rom and my phone wont turn on at all! when i plug it in without a battery the green light flashes for a second then it goes away and theres no hope!!
does anyone know a solution/a possible cause?
i rooted with saferoot.
EDIT
I ended up just getting a new phone and I tried to flash this from my sd card but it wont work! is it because I have to unzip it first? btw this is my very first rom flash!!!

Upvote 0
After loading this, I'm not getting root access with ES file Explorer, or File manager. They don't see the phone as rooted? Any solutions? Like noted before, the superuser app that came with the ROM didn't work. Thanks.
I found this rom to be broken I had the same issue as you did, i tried changing the superuser app, clearing cache, fixing permissions, reinstall the rom nothing worked so I went back to my original backup.

Upvote 0
Finally VM has released the V6 software version (which sprint has had for some time).

Any chance of a stock-ish debloated rom of this new base ROM? I'm not even sure what the new features are, i have just seen it mentioned that sprint phones already had the v6 and virgin was still at v5.

My wife's phone is constantly telling her about this update and I keep telling don't do it.

Thanks for any help here!
-SawBones

Upvote 0
Every one wanting cyanogenmod on this phone I found this post that you can try I'm not 100 percent If it works but you can try it. I am not responsible for any damage you do to your phone.

Optimus F3 - LG Optimus L7 Nightly/Experimental - CyanogenMod Forum

it wouldn't be worth trying that, the l7 is a single processor phone, and the f3 i a dual core processor, so that means it wouldn't work right off the bat, not the same chip, also l7 is gsm and would not have the proper radio, so assuming that you somehow got the thing to boot up you wouldn't be able to make calls or use data

Upvote 0
I officially have been put out of development for this phone :(.

My phone was mistakenly placed in a washer and now i am out of a f3.

I have been working on 2-3 other phones, but im stuck with test builds that need further testing which cant be done without a phone.

Oh god, I'm sorry to hear that. :( if you're stuck with test builds for us, why not find one of us on v5 that will test privately with you, and report bugs you could try to work on?

Upvote 0
Sorry Loony that sucks radio shack has the victory for 79.99 & you can pricematch it at bestbuy they have it on sale till jan 31st also its such a new phone the LG F3 For Virgin Mobile you could try asking Virgin Mobile to replace it they are extremely friendly on that up to a year of purchase without any insurance on it however they will mail u a postage paid envelope to mail the damaged one in & if u do not return the broken one they will terminate your account but def try calling Virgin Mobile it will most likely be a refurbished one but you can go back to work on the device

Upvote 0
I officially have been put out of development for this phone :(.

My phone was mistakenly placed in a washer and now i am out of a f3.

I have been working on 2-3 other phones, but im stuck with test builds that need further testing which cant be done without a phone.

I'd be willing to help. I've already soft bricked my phone and fixed it, so I'm at the point where I don't care what happens, as long as I can make it work again. I'd love to help with the creation of this ROM.

Upvote 0
Installed this and now im having a huge issue that is not allowing me to restore my backed up apps. After installation, I went into settings to check the install unknown sources checkbox so I could restore my apps and everytime i click on the security section of settings, it says "unfortunately settings has stopped" and then the settings app closes. So now how am i supposed to get it to let me enable installation from unknown sources?

Upvote 0
Installed this and now im having a huge issue that is not allowing me to restore my backed up apps. After installation, I went into settings to check the install unknown sources checkbox so I could restore my apps and everytime i click on the security section of settings, it says "unfortunately settings has stopped" and then the settings app closes. So now how am i supposed to get it to let me enable installation from unknown sources?

You can't, if that's what it will do. The only other way would be to push the apk to data/app/ using a root browser I believe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones