[ROM] StormDroid 1.0.2.1 [Android 2.2.2] [Crazy Fast] [Debloated]

1. tigersfan1

tigersfan1 Well-Known Member

Quick questions will this rom work for android 2.2.1 or will it only work for android 2.2.2
  2. cr5315

cr5315 Well-Known Member Developer

As long as your Ally is on something that starts with 2.2 you can flash this.
  3. tigersfan1

Awesome!!
  4. tigersfan1

Also for the app fix should we install it right after we install storm droid
  5. j2cool2012

j2cool2012 Well-Known Member Developer

Yes. To avoid any problems, install right after.
  6. tigersfan1

ok one last thing. Just making sure since i havent flash a rom in a while. Make nandroid then delete data, cache and dalvik cache then flash right?
  7. j2cool2012

Yes. Make a nandroid in case you want to restore some time, and wipe /data, /cache, and /Dalvik-cache
    cr5315 likes this.
  8. tigersfan1

nevermind
  9. yohobojo

yohobojo Well-Known Member

Didn't help much, still says not compatible. Shld i reflash? And flash?
  10. cr5315

cr5315 Well-Known Member Developer

Did you wipe the caches when you flashed it? If not try that.
  11. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member Developer

To all future flashers and anyone having trouble:

Flash the App Fix immediately after flashing StormDroid, without rebooting. No need to wipe cache between flashing them.
  12. krisdezzy

krisdezzy Well-Known Member

Wait I'm confused in a way. I flashed this last night and the fix probably came out today? I am guessing. What do I have to do to flash the fix correctly? Do I have to clear anything or wipe anything? But as I am gonna flash the fix app zip file, it wouldnt be right AFTER the flash of storm droid. Because I flashed this last night., should I reflash storm droid?
  13. abezzilla99

abezzilla99 Well-Known Member

is there way to get black messaging app like velocity
  14. j2cool2012

Just wipe cahce and dalvik, and flash. the flashing right after would be for NEW flashers.
  15. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Currently no. Its in the works. Stay tuned.
    tk421, remicks and j2cool2012 like this.
  16. Goonie21

Goonie21 Well-Known Member

This ROM has been Bacon approved!
    remicks and j2cool2012 like this.
  17. Brookens40

Brookens40 Member

ive been waiting oh so patiently for this wonderful rom. and what happens the day of the release? i drop my ally and the screen shatters into 48 billion pieces. extremely upset...
  18. abezzilla99

abezzilla99 Well-Known Member

ok thanks, and i dont know if its just my phone but people have been calling me and my phone wont ring and after they call i see that i have a missed call.

I have also noticed that if i press answer button the call is answered and it shows that i am on a call in the status bar
  19. krisdezzy

krisdezzy Well-Known Member

I did as you said and nothing. :/
  20. PantherVT

PantherVT Active Member

yeah same thing happened to me. I just started over, wiped everything, re-flashed StromDroid, flashed the fix, and that seems to have corrected it.
  21. Biotic

Biotic Well-Known Member Developer

My experience so far
    Dislikes
    *splash image (stormdroid) boot image (storm droid) cool boot animation (storm droid)
    Think its the storm droid rom
    *wireless tether app out of date
    *no wired tethering? (Enjoy these while u can before verizon makes a permanant fix and gingerbread blocks these)
    *signature option is messaging has returned (rays of light and angles in background moment)
    *the theme is unique and different
    *the speed dominates stock
    *simple
    *storm droid -made the switch

One thing that I do stress for future rom makers and present. Stormdroid has a stock and normal looking recovery image and it works so for now on, don't include a recovery image in a rom because if you flash different recoveries to your recovery partition, it corrupts your nand backup. For a rom tester/developer , it becomes a hassle. For instance... a certain rom being developed at the moment doesn't include a recovery image.

Once again kudos!
    remicks likes this.
  22. j2cool2012

Ouch, Charlie...
    :(
  23. Idunno

Idunno Well-Known Member

link is broken for 1.0.1 update. 10:15pm on 9/25
  24. skora

skora Active Member

SD looks good. I'm new to the multiple flash world so I was without my apps and for the time have restored velocity 1.1. Might be helpful to the less experienced to make a note about loading Titanium before the flash. Also, I'm on a prepay carrier and data cost $1 per mb. Even turning off the mobile network as quick as I could, it still burned up $.75 of my balance starting the sync/updates in less than 1 minute. Any way to tweak this so the 3g radio defaults off and the choice is given to the user in the setup which data sources to use before anything starts broadcasting? At this point, I'm not going to be able to reflash SD until I can get data back on my plan.

Thanks for all the hard work guys, you have a product to be proud of.
  25. leerpsp

leerpsp Active Member

thank you so much for this here i come new rom!!!! now i need to find some apk pack of the animated wallpaper that is on velocity there is one on it i like the most looks like its time to get to work but thank you so much for the help!!!!!