• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] StormDroid 1.0.2.1 [Android 2.2.2] [Crazy Fast] [Debloated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all future flashers and anyone having trouble:

Flash the App Fix immediately after flashing StormDroid, without rebooting. No need to wipe cache between flashing them.

Wait I'm confused in a way. I flashed this last night and the fix probably came out today? I am guessing. What do I have to do to flash the fix correctly? Do I have to clear anything or wipe anything? But as I am gonna flash the fix app zip file, it wouldnt be right AFTER the flash of storm droid. Because I flashed this last night., should I reflash storm droid?

Upvote 0
Wait I'm confused in a way. I flashed this last night and the fix probably came out today? I am guessing. What do I have to do to flash the fix correctly? Do I have to clear anything or wipe anything? But as I am gonna flash the fix app zip file, it wouldnt be right AFTER the flash of storm droid. Because I flashed this last night., should I reflash storm droid?

Just wipe cahce and dalvik, and flash. the flashing right after would be for NEW flashers.

Upvote 0
My experience so far
Dislikes
*splash image (stormdroid) boot image (storm droid) cool boot animation (storm droid)
Think its the storm droid rom
*wireless tether app out of date
*no wired tethering? (Enjoy these while u can before verizon makes a permanant fix and gingerbread blocks these)
*signature option is messaging has returned (rays of light and angles in background moment)
*the theme is unique and different
*the speed dominates stock
*simple
*storm droid -made the switch

One thing that I do stress for future rom makers and present. Stormdroid has a stock and normal looking recovery image and it works so for now on, don't include a recovery image in a rom because if you flash different recoveries to your recovery partition, it corrupts your nand backup. For a rom tester/developer , it becomes a hassle. For instance... a certain rom being developed at the moment doesn't include a recovery image.

Once again kudos!

Reactions: remicks
Upvote 0
SD looks good. I'm new to the multiple flash world so I was without my apps and for the time have restored velocity 1.1. Might be helpful to the less experienced to make a note about loading Titanium before the flash. Also, I'm on a prepay carrier and data cost $1 per mb. Even turning off the mobile network as quick as I could, it still burned up $.75 of my balance starting the sync/updates in less than 1 minute. Any way to tweak this so the 3g radio defaults off and the choice is given to the user in the setup which data sources to use before anything starts broadcasting? At this point, I'm not going to be able to reflash SD until I can get data back on my plan.

Thanks for all the hard work guys, you have a product to be proud of.

Upvote 0
You know, you can do a little bit of searching and find the apk for USB Tethering. I'm not completely sure, but I'm guessing you could also do a Titanium Backup of it and port it over. You can't let one app keep you from trying out a particular ROM.

EDIT: Well, would you look at that? A Google search pops this link up as the very first result for searching for rooted android usb tether. android-wired-tether - Wired Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

thank you so much for this here i come new rom!!!! now i need to find some apk pack of the animated wallpaper that is on velocity there is one on it i like the most looks like its time to get to work but thank you so much for the help!!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones