• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM][StormDroid 2.0] The Final Storm [Final Release][20% Cooler][Lightning Fast][ICS Inspired]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just flashed it and I love how fast it is, but Titanium Backup is giving a weird error message. Something about a guru being on fire and then some incoherent sentence about what version it is. Any idea how to fix it? I mean it's not a deal breaker, I'll restore the apps individually if I have to, but I'd rather not have to do so.

Same issue here. thought i would give TB a whirl, but I guess ill get a refund.

E/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.BatchActivity( 1979): Guru caught fire!
E/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.BatchActivity( 1979): java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
E/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.BatchActivity( 1979): at com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.BatchActivity.a(Source:339)
E/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.BatchActivity( 1979): at com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.BatchActivity.a(Source:51)
E/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.BatchActivity( 1979): at com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.b.run(Source:176)
W/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.l.bg( 1979): No Apps2SD directory found.

Reactions: mchype14
Upvote 0
Guys! Someone found a fix for TitaniumBackup issues. Turns out, it's not the ROM. :D
For what its worth if TB is built into ROM you must flash the latest version to Rom for it to run without errors.
Launch the latest version of TB and go to menu, more, create update.zip. Choose Amend as scripting type, choose TB will be installed as system application, and you can choose either options as the name of the output file.
Now your ready to flash it. Reboot into recovery, choose install zip from sd card and toggle signature vitrification off then choose the file you just made. Reboot and TB should be working fine.

This will be added to one of the OPs now.

Upvote 0
Ok so I've installed recovery (amonra, LG Ally) and followed the directions to the letter. Installed SD2.0 and upon booting up I get the Google splash screen, followed by the Tux screen, then the SD2.0 splash screen, then it just runs through the three over and over again. Is my pho?ne bricked now? If so how do I unbrick it, and if not, how do I fix this

Upvote 0
I understand this ROM no longer receives updates, but I was wondering if anybody has had success with DTa2sd?

Googled DTa2sd and found the latest script and installed, tried activating in terminal and it said I didn't have symlinks installed so I downloaded Jrummy's busybox and was only able to install 1.90 to system/bin instead of system/xbin (script didn't aknowledge that symlinking was installed if it was xbin) and it said that a2sd installed afterwards.

Rebooted and it's been stuck on the splash screen for over 10 minutes so I'm guessing it did something wrong.

Has anybody had success in getting DTa2sd to work in Stormdroid 2.0? Like I said, I understand this phone is very old and outdated, but it was the only phone my friend could get his hands on after his stratosphere got his screen cracked (no insurance) and this phone was free.... so please, any help? I only know of this rom and Velocity 1.2 and I tried it, didn't like it very much (mms didn't work)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones