• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM: Succlent Desire v.6.0 Atlantis

YankeeDudeL

Android Expert
Oct 25, 2009
Its pretty nice. I didn't really get to play around with it today because I kind of failed while installing it when I was at school (Got rid of all my launchers and cleared data haha). Fixed it now I'm playing around with it. Idk but my battery is sucking. We'll see if it is still crappy battery tommorow.

Here are my current observations:
Really fast, possibly faster than BB.
I'll see overall performance (FC's, restarts, etc) as time goes on.

Upvote 0
Its pretty nice. I didn't really get to play around with it today because I kind of failed while installing it when I was at school (Got rid of all my launchers and cleared data haha). Fixed it now I'm playing around with it. Idk but my battery is sucking. We'll see if it is still crappy battery tommorow.

Here are my current observations:
Really fast, possibly faster than BB.
I'll see overall performance (FC's, restarts, etc) as time goes on.

Faster? Well...that's enough of a reason for me to give it a shot. I downloaded the screenshots but it didn't look like anything really new and different. But if it can rival BB in terms of speed, it deserves a looks.

BB has become my benchmark for a Fast ROM. I'm running JRummy's CM Remix right now and I can tell that it just doesn't have quite the same zip as BB does.

Upvote 0
Faster? Well...that's enough of a reason for me to give it a shot. I downloaded the screenshots but it didn't look like anything really new and different. But if it can rival BB in terms of speed, it deserves a looks.

BB has become my benchmark for a Fast ROM. I'm running JRummy's CM Remix right now and I can tell that it just doesn't have quite the same zip as BB does.

Yeah I really love BB too. I also have had bad experiences with CM, specifically JRummy's CM Remix. The battery life on it is just terrible as they try to pack a ROM with as many things as they can. I have a feeling its running faster because I don't have SetCPU downloaded yet and its running on performance (guessing this because I'm running a bit hot as well). But yeah, it is fast.

Upvote 0
I also think it's a bit quicker than BBeast. Def getting better benchmarks w/ it. It's def quicker than CM, but not as many goodies (CM has def gotten faster w/ 5.0.7, though). I've flashed so many Remixes and NexBeasts and whatnot the past week or so, so I've got a pretty good idea on comparable speeds on my particular Droid (also, I've run the same P3 LV1200MHz kernel on all of them).

I don't think the screenshots show the HTC style Launcher2, which is what I'm rocking right now. There's also the diff Insanely Clean themes available. Nothing to revolutionary w/ these, but whatever suits ya.

There's a couple diff things I'd like to see tweaked or added, but the dev and his team are very available over on DF and seem pretty open to suggestion.

We all know we're gonna flash to the next ROM that comes out, anyway. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones