1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

ROM that is mostly stock with improvements?

1. DFA1

DFA1 Well-Known Member

I've only been able to try out Newt's OnE and Nil's Bussiness sense 4.0, but I was wondering...

Is there any rom that is just plain stock but with the battery and speed performance improvements (busybox, zipalligned, etc.)?

Seems like all the roms on Xda have changed the colors, fonts, looks, etc. Also, most of them the data indicator arrows are not working in these roms... guess that's a little picky, but I really like knowing when my phone is uploading or downloading ;)

Advertisement
    :
  2. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

im just running stock(desensed and debloated) on mine atm,and am unfamiliar with current roms,i havent been in the rezound section for a few days. :eek:

hopefully the guys will have some good recomendations for a rom that meets your needs :)
  3. DFA1

DFA1 Well-Known Member

Actually in the last 5 hours, I've finally got Ineffabilis Deus and found it to be the best stock looking Rom with the most features/improvements. I am very happy with this rom!
    obscuro likes this.
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Awsome! :cool: glad you found one you're happy with
  5. fullhouse233

fullhouse233 Active Member

Vigor 360 1.1 is the fastest most functional Rom I have used
    scotty85 likes this.
  6. thornev

thornev Well-Known Member

I'm running stock ICS (can't get more "just plain stock" than that!) and added the Cubed kernel (available over at XDA) so I can overclock to 1.83Ghz (I use the SystemControl app to boost the CPU speed). Very happy with that combo.
    scotty85 likes this.
  7. obscuro

obscuro Well-Known Member

Simplistic by IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo is a stock global rom, debloated. But I've also heard good things about vigor 360.
    scotty85 likes this.
  8. obscuro

obscuro Well-Known Member

Thorne, I know you're into OCing and that's cool. Wanted to mention Snuzzo's Funky Kernel for Sense and AOSP roms. Includes several extra cpu governors and i/o schedulers to play around with.

No cpu overclocking, but it does overclock gpu.

I've been running on an AOSP rom and getting great battery life. I learned how to do different profiles in SetCPU to run different governors and cpu speeds, depending on whether my screen is on or off. Imagine your app does that too, just mentioning for ppl who have never tried that.
    thornev and scotty85 like this.
  9. thornev

thornev Well-Known Member

obscuro, Thanks for the "personal" response. Yes, I'm a big overclocker. I do it on all my home-built, Intel desktop computers too.

I tried CM9 (one of Neo's AOSP builds, 1.8 Linaro) which includes Snuzzo's kernel, but I didn't like the CM9. I think it might have been some Sense things that I didn't know I depend on and are not present with AOSP builds. I went back to stock ICS + Cubed v2.3.9. I'm not familiar with overclocking GPU and if it made any difference on my Rezound. I did like the speed of Neo's AOSP CM9 Linaro 1,8 though.
    scotty85 likes this.