[ROM] - Themed ICS Venture Update - Jan. 22 2013

1. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member

sounds good drac. if you think those other apps can be removed ok,then ill update and remove them to give everything a boost in performance. also when you arent to busy,post a few new screens so we can update what we have to reflect changes. that dialer was difficult to fix,no matter what changes i made they didnt want to stick in the rom after transferring. i finally ended up layering over top the originals and bringing their opacity to zero..then it took.
  2. Dracable

Dracable Well-Known Member

ya, dialer turned out beautiful bro! props on gettin it to work! i did notice that the issue with the battery icon wasnt fixed either. sorry, i was testing the rom on the go, and i forgot about the issue of the icon while plugged in. it still shows the empty red icon, whether its plugged in to the charger or the computer. i'll definitely post some screens later on today for u. i'll be testing with those apps later today too, so ill post those results as well!
  3. Curtis1973

ok..i redrew all the original icons for the battery in ics coloring..dang that should have fixed it. well i wont stop until it is. weve got a few things left to do then.
  4. varenHjames

varenHjames Well-Known Member

drac! i need a test! eh, i guess i could just give it a whirl....
    wait
    wait

will i need to call and have them reactivate it?
    or is there a code i can do it myself?
    or will it do it automatically?
  5. Curtis1973

I'm going to track down the battery animation issue tomorrow. will post a fix sometime in the evening.
  6. Curtis1973

oh and are the signal bars changing color properly? should not be gingerbread green.
  7. Dracable

sorry guys. been working all day long. im gonna start testing and get screens up when i get home. should b home within the next hour or so. curtis, the signal bar is working perfectly in a beautiful blue! :D
  8. Dracable

ugghhh... finally home. long day... starting testing now...
  9. Dracable

i accidentally posted 2 screens i took of the home screen, and didnt feel like rearranging all my IMG coding. lol! anyway, u will notice that in some screens the battery is red, some it's full blue. after it finishes charging, it goes full blue, but until it reaches 100%, it's the empty red icon. the anis for the battery draining while it is unplugged and discharging seem to be working as normal. as u will see in the last screen, the reception bars ARE turning blue. it's just that most of the screens i took with my unactivated test Venture, so i could get them from a clean flash. anyway, im gonna go test out those apps now and find out what we need, and what we dont! ill post back n a bit!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  10. Dracable

ok, so here's what i came up with...

worldclock.apk - No Issues Noticed After Removal
    Spanishpack_with_curve.apk - No Issues Noticed After Removal
    touchpal.apk - No Issues Noticed After Removal
    picotts.apk - No Issues Noticed After Removal
    myfiles.apk - No Issues Noticed After Removal
    memo.apk - No Issues Noticed After Removal
    jrdpowersaver.apk - No Issues Noticed After Removal
    home.apk - *Immediately causes constant Force Closes*
    easyinstaller.apk - No Issues Noticed After Removal
    digitalclock.apk - No Issues Noticed After Removal

Also, unless u know of any known issues, it seems that the Tts Service should be fine to remove as well. I ran into no issues.
    Curtis1973 likes this.
  11. Curtis1973

ok im going to go back through the rom now and remove all that bloat and fix the battery hopefully..looks like the signal icons arent changing to blue like they should be either..ill post back in a bit with an upload. thanks drac :)
  12. Dracable

in my comments with the screens, i mentioned that the signal bars ARE working correctly. they r not blue in most the screens cuz i took them on my test Venture which isnt activated. if u look at the very last screen, you will c a screen of my activated phone running your rom, with beautiful blue signal bars! :D
  13. Curtis1973

i notice that at least one of the battery charge icons is working..the fully charged one..and then it seems to be jumping past all the others and using the last charging icon which is flat dead.
  14. Dracable

yeah, the anis are perfect all the way thru for discharge, its just when charging that it shows flat dead (until fully charged, then it shows the full blue icon).

edit: the full blue icon only appears when fully charged while attached to PC. when fully charged from a wall adapter, battery still shows flat dead. as soon as u unplug it, it jumps to the full blue.
  15. Dracable

stupid me... don't delete myfiles.apk. i didnt think about it cuz i had already installed root explorer, but if u delete myfiles.apk, u have no way to browse the file system. :p
  16. divinebovine

divinebovine Well-Known Member

So, these APKs that are (at least somewhat) necessary; do they come as System apps or as User apps that can be easily uninstalled? Might want to uninstall myfiles.apk after installing a file manager...

Keep up the good work guys, it sounds like I might want this ROM for the performance, increased free space, and improved battery life.
  17. Dracable

yeah, i say its definitely worth flashing to this rom. the apks we r talking about r system apps. i uninstalled with titanium backup.
  18. Curtis1973

ok update is up,check original post. removed the extra bloat and trimmed size to 70 mb. hopefully fixed the battery charging icon issue..went through that with a fine tooth comb..cant be much else if anything,causing the issue.
    Dracable likes this.
  19. Curtis1973

its ok to delete myfiles.apk,you can download far better file explorers on the play store or google root explorer apk on google..its your friend!! lol
  20. varenHjames

again, same question...never answered. when i do finally flash this rom, is the activation process simple, like do i just use the activation app?
  21. Curtis1973

yeah the activation app is included. you can use it,or call VM directly. but usually your customer data will already be there.
  22. Curtis1973

and if your device has never been activated, you can still use this ROM just like original stock to activate with help of VM manually where VM will get your device info and put it in on their end and walk you through entering proper info on the phone. or using the activation app..which I never use because most times it errors out and you have to call VM anyway.
  23. divinebovine

divinebovine Well-Known Member

My noobness is about to show:

So when you flash a ROM you have to activate again? I better go and find a ROM flashing for dummies post somewhere...
  24. varenHjames

Yes, i have already activated. So reactivateing is not needed thru vm i assume
  25. Curtis1973

your current info will be passed on to this rom. in the event it isn't which I highly doubt will occur,you can use the activate app or call VM to manually input info.