[ROM] - Themed ICS Venture Update - Jan. 22 2013

1. varenHjames

varenHjames Well-Known Member

success, i now have this rom! looks fantastic. i sorta HAD to flash it, i mean i could have just restored a backup, but it was acting REALLY messed up, i couldnt do anything! it took me like 10 min just to turn on usb storage. ugh, also, since i had superuser before will i need superuser before.

UGH! you took out myfiles.apk! but didnt put in a file exploer! now i cant get titan backup from my sd card!
    also, your market app does not load. it tell me there is an error and will now close.

stuck...swing and miss. i guess i will load a backup

also, incoming calls give me a fatal exception with google phone and closes the connection before any thing pops up to accept the call.
    Curtis1973 likes this.
  2. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

OK sounds like you may not have wiped everything before flashing. be sure to wipe data, cache,dalvik-cache and system before flashing. anything from previous install left over would cause errors. also the market/play store crash is probably due to same issues if that is what happened in your case. I have been heavily depending on feedback as I've progressed with this,none of those issues were reported by drac. retry the ROM but wipe and format everything first. hopefully this will resolve errors.
  3. IsaacTehMan

IsaacTehMan New Member

It says "signature verification failed" when I try to install ICS

Any help would be appreciated
  4. Curtis1973

turn off verification and try it. if you still get this error, probably a bad download.

your final DL size should be 70.7 mb. or thereabouts.
  5. divinebovine

divinebovine Well-Known Member Contributor

Would you be able to adb install an APK?

Might be possible to do it from a command line (adb shell) too.
  6. Curtis1973

I tried to upload a file manager here as a direct apk download.. forums support apk but it never would take it..kept getting upload error.
  7. varenHjames

yea i did the full wipe, and the dalvic wipe....no worries, i just used the browser to find a file explorer. restored all google play required applications from titan backup, then it all works ok.
    it was just really hard to get started because of the lack of a file explorer. and of the amount of bad/incorrect/malicious android file explorers there is on google.
    also, i dont know what was wrong with the incoming calls, but i did 3 things, reset the phone, restored google play, restored the android id. and now they come in fine.
    i know not the greatest trouble shooting, but i havent had any other problems since.
    oh! one more thing
    on the lock screen, everything is cramped and overlapping. i can post a screen if you like. just thought you should know. i think phone explorer has a function that would allow me to post a ss of the locked screen.
    this wont be a problem once i restore widget locker, but hey, im loveing the blue! other random themeing.
    thanks again for the upgrade to plus...you know what im talking about.

final thing for tonight then im off to bed, the system automatically activated the phone, as soon as it boot up it came up with the 3g icon and data and a voicemail....good work!

ill check in tomorrow early before work. thanks for all your help guys
    Curtis1973 likes this.
  8. Curtis1973

definitely post some screens. I want this right for everyone. I hate leaving something unfinished. we all will make this work together. thanks to everyone trying things out and moving the venture forward. will sort out issues in time.
  9. Curtis1973

on the lock screen,I've only seen the stock one in screens..the others may need to be tweaked..couldn't tell without a visual. but its not s difficult fix.
  10. Dracable

Dracable Well-Known Member Contributor

sorry, didnt notice lock screen. the clock overlaps the date just a tad. i didnt have any of the other issues mentioned tho. market worked just fine for me too. also auto updated to google play successfully. also, battery anis seem to be working fine in ur latest release! :D
    Curtis1973 likes this.
  11. Dracable

oh, i c what happened. the overlap happened after u changed the font in the latest release. the new font looks way better than that tiny one u were using before tho!
    Curtis1973 likes this.
  12. Curtis1973

hmm..odd the font would do that. may have to revert to fix it. or upload an alternative ROM for those who do not want the over lap.
  13. Dracable

personally, for me its worth the small overlap to have this font. it makes things so much easier to read. ill post screen in a few hours when i get home from work.
  14. Curtis1973

I already know a fix that will resolve readability without the overlap. I used robot font..obviously it doesn't work well with this phone. I'll revert to stock font so issues are resolved.
  15. Curtis1973

I think varen had some residual data left over from previous install is why that install was wacky. even performing proper wipe/format can still leave crap behind on occasion. so I'm not thinking there's any issues to really worry about in that regard unless the issues become chronic with other users experiencing them.
  16. Dracable

maybe for some reason /data wasnt mounted when he did the wipe.
  17. Curtis1973

could be. I think some remnants were left behind and caused things to get wonky. I will add a good file manager and change font.
    varenHjames and Dracable like this.
  18. Dracable

heres the screen of the lock screen

[​IMG]
  19. Curtis1973

heck thats no big thing. ill change out the font and get clock size back down to normal. im adding root explorer or fx file manager to replace the myfiles.apk. im off work so ill mess with that and get something up later today.
  20. Curtis1973

ok for all intense purposes i consider this rom final. im going to post the final download here and in original post. with everything narrowed down to only a font replacement and readding a file manager. i consider this done. ive added root explorer as file manager and restored my sony sketch font (didnt revert to stock font because i thought it to would oversize with this theme,you can experiment on your own with various font types to suit your need,just backup current before so you can revert if need be).

edit: will add a new link for rom download.
  21. Dracable

awesome man. thanks a bunch! sorry if this is a basic question, but how do i go about playing with my system fonts like that? do u need to compile a rom to do it, or is there a way to alter that stuff without having to flash?
  22. Curtis1973

jrummy has a font changing app on play store. just search for font changer and it will show up. has a ton and you can experiment by changing them out to see what works best for you. if I recall it has option to backup current so you can revert. good app and easiest solution besides direct copying of fonts to system/ font.
  23. SimsKITblue

SimsKITblue Member

Simple questions. Can I just delete the crap and then add googleplus, googlevoice, and my other can't live without apps like the walgreens app into the system folder? If i can do that I will be good to go. Scared to brick my phone I can't afford it and this is my first root so I need to know.

I am connected to the computer right now and moved the ROM and flash image and other file to the sd card but when i look in ROM manager it doesn't show. Where do i move it to on the SD card?
  24. Dracable

so have u already rooted then? also, have u installed the cwm custom recovery?
  25. varenHjames

do be honest, if your careful, its quite hard to brick your phone ++ we have a stock rom you can revert to if needed. but yes, first thing first get cwm, and keep a copy of the stock rom on your sd card. you can find it in the sticky.
    when you install a rom from cwm, there is an option to update from zip, choose you own zip, then choose the one you dl'ed

correct me if im wrong but this is how i think its done