• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] TheUltimateDroid 1.0.0 (FRG83) 1GHz

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This might just be the last ROM I ever flash to this phone. Stupid. Sick. Sweet!

That pretty much sums it up. Until Gingerbread comes out anyway :)

Seriously, this rom is just perfect. Been running it since yesterday and everything is smooth and flawless. The way the UI should have been from the factory :rolleyes: So far I can't find any major issues. BT paired perfectly, apps all work, and the customizations including everything setCPU did for me is freaking outstanding! The altered media player rocks as usual along with song skipping from the volume rocker.

I know for some it may not work as it does on my Droid (just like CM blows when running on my Droid but works great for others) and I feel sorry for them because this is everything a rom should be and more.

And did I mention how smooth the UI is?

Donation coming!!

Upvote 0
so werid here...

i rebooted into recovery...and QUICKLY went to factory wipe...and it wiped...

it was almost like i had 5secs (or less) before it rebooted...

once i wiped...it let me flash UD1...and i have it on my phone right now (now i'm going to restore my apps and data)

but this was soo werid...

but if anyone else has any theories...i'd be interested in them...

thanks CHIEF!!!

Upvote 0
@DJFrost
Whenever I can't get my phone to reboot into recovery, I flash the next oldest version of ClockworkMod Recovery (like one version older), attempt to boot into recovery (which doesn't work either) and then I re-flash the latest ClockworkModRecovery. This usually straightens things up with ClockworkMod Recovery for me.

Currently on LFY v1.7, P3Droid 125-1000MHz

Upvote 0
ok so I got this rom to play nice with my phone but I can't get apps to download because some of my apps didn't restore. Would I have to install an older version of market? Well in second thought I don't think so because the only file manager I have installed right now is Astro and that app doesn't help the rooted race like other file managers do. So yeah what to do, what to do?

Upvote 0
ok so I got this rom to play nice with my phone but I can't get apps to download because some of my apps didn't restore. Would I have to install an older version of market? Well in second thought I don't think so because the only file manager I have installed right now is Astro and that app doesn't help the rooted race like other file managers do. So yeah what to do, what to do?

I simply used Titanium Backup to restore all of my apps/data. If you don't use TiBu ... umm ... why not?!?

Reactions: androidlover14
Upvote 0
Currently using the revolution theme and on the lockscreen the "ultimate droid" logo interferes with the time.

Is there a way to remove the logo?

Thanks.

using that theme too as you can see in the sig and I also see your issue. I looked in the settings for the lockscreen and there is no way to change it. Just send a message to whoever ported the theme. But if it really annoys you then just look at the status bar when you want to see the time.

Reactions: carassius
Upvote 0
using that theme too as you can see in the sig and I also see your issue. I looked in the settings for the lockscreen and there is no way to change it. Just send a message to whoever ported the theme. But if it really annoys you then just look at the status bar when you want to see the time.

Too bad UD thinks it needs to brand itself. It's almost contrary to the rooted ROM philosophy.

But thanks for the reply!

Upvote 0
Have you tried installing WITHOUT checking on the Backup option? I once had a ROM that was getting hung on the Backup step, causing it to abort the install process and rebooting... just a thought.

Edit: I wouldn't advise trying this unless you have other backups stored somewhere.

Yeah, I actually made a backup using Nandroid first, then tried to install using ROM Manager (only keeping Wipe Data checked, not Backup). Now I can't even get back into Recovery mode at all...Urg.

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm the only one that its happened to but I figured I would run quadrant benchmark the way it comes using the slayer kernal and the onboard overclocking set to 1000 Max and it was running in the 900s. So I went back to my Chevy 1ghzLv and used set CPU instead set at 1000 Max and it was running in the 1200s in benchmark just as my ud8 did.

Upvote 0

Found a solution, though not completely optimal as you'll have to change to UD default font.

Found here @ ultimate droid forum

By admin relentive:

This is actually a font issue. You can go to UD Extras and then fonts and install the Default Font. This fixed the font placement for me. You may have to reboot for it to take effect. Let me know if that works
Did this and it worked for me.

I would much rather remove the "Ultimate Droid" logo from the lockscreen though. If anyone finds a way to do this please let me know.

EDIT: Again, this applies to the Revolution theme for UD, but may end up being a problem in other themes...not sure.

Upvote 0
Let us know when you're done with your ROM or Theme. Then we'll all see how it's supposed to be done. :rolleyes:

As stated in another thread somewhere...it's a good time to be a droid owner and I definitely appreciate the work all dev's put in. I also donate...probably more frequently than I need to.

That being said, I don't like this small aspect of the ROM and I think it to be completely unnecessary. I am glad this ROM seems to fit every need you could ask for...you certainly seem to have nothing critical to add except to those who comment to your dissatisfaction.

Reactions: messenger13
Upvote 0
That being said, I don't like this small aspect of the ROM and I think it to be completely unnecessary. I am glad this ROM seems to fit every need you could ask for...you certainly seem to have nothing critical to add except to those who comment to your dissatisfaction.

:D Thanks for the laugh. Now you have 4
post_thanks.gif
. ;)

FWIW, comments like yours are the reason why guys like me don't release themes and ROMs. I'm capable. Just not willing to put up with the "compliments".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones