• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Titan ROM OS 2.2.2 OC Kernel 2.2.1

what method you use to get it to work.??
I booted into recovery (CWM) and then selected wipe data/factory reset. Then I selected advanced> wipe dalvik cache. Next I selected advance> reboot recovery (just 'cause). Next I selected install zip from sdcard and found the titanrom.zip and selected it. Once the flash was finished, I rebooted the system. It just worked.

By the way, MMS does work out of the box.

Upvote 0
I booted into recovery (CWM) and then selected wipe data/factory reset. Then I selected advanced> wipe dalvik cache. Next I selected advance> reboot recovery (just 'cause). Next I selected install zip from sdcard and found the titanrom.zip and selected it. Once the flash was finished, I rebooted the system. It just worked.

By the way, MMS does work out of the box.
i have the gnm recovery wipe everything=wipe data/factory reset.then cache then dalvik-cache.click on flash zip menu. select the zip file. it goes thru the motions. then you hear the voice.then like is booting up. and then that is it nothing comes up blank screen.

Upvote 0
i have the gnm recovery wipe everything=wipe data/factory reset.then cache then dalvik-cache.click on flash zip menu. select the zip file. it goes thru the motions. then you hear the voice.then like is booting up. and then that is it nothing comes up blank screen.

I'm not sure what might be going on then. I just flashed this to my wifes phone (we bought ours at the same time and I have done to hers what I've done to mine as far as recoveries go (her phone has cwm also)). It flashed good and booted up.

Upvote 0

I used gnm recovery to flash this and I got the same issue....MAYBE you MUST have CWM. I'll try as soon as I'm ungrounded and when i don't have to be sneaky like right now...

Upvote 0
I flashed it last night. Got it all booted and running. Now, I'm slowing adding all my apps that I've had on my phone for the last several months. I love how you have A2SD baked in and it works. For some reason, the CM7 ROMs all seemed to have troubles if they baked it in. We usually needed to re-flash the script. So far the only real gripe I have is that the clock is very hard to read. It's too dark. I can see that it's there, but it's just hard to read. Is the skull power indicator changeable? I don't mind it, but for personal preference, I'd like to be able to have something different.

I dont know why the hell it did that either. I will try to change that ASAP. As far as the Skull Charger I dont really wanna go back and change all that out. If someone would like to I would have no problems with it :) I am adding all the new stuff here tonight and should have the final version out within the next 72 hours. Thanks for the input.

EDIT: Also if you hadn't noticed by the screen shots I just use a clock widget so the clock in the upper right hand corner i'snt needed in my case. I know it's not the case for everyone.

Upvote 0
I dont know why the hell it did that either. I will try to change that ASAP. As far as the Skull Charger I dont really wanna go back and change all that out. If someone would like to I would have no problems with it :) I am adding all the new stuff here tonight and should have the final version out within the next 72 hours. Thanks for the input.

EDIT: Also if you hadn't noticed by the screen shots I just use a clock widget so the clock in the upper right hand corner i'snt needed in my case. I know it's not the case for everyone.

Like I said, the skull charger is just a personal preference. I really like the overall design and feel of the ROM. MMS works. That right there is the big winning point for me.

Upvote 0
well i've tried like 5 time no go. i'm using gnm newest=recovery-ra-optm-3.06-gnm.img i've done it step by step as it was written here still after it says completed.i then hit reboot i hear the voice message. then a blank screen.
even 10 minutes later nothing happens.

Try to flash reppard's kernel (link below) right after flashing ROM (before reboot) it worked for me, I had the same problem.

http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/347684-kernel-optimusm-oc-stock-2-2-1-a.html

Upvote 0
Here's the link for Titan ROM. It is in TESTING phases. It's sleek and very fast! It has a nice look to it. Added some apps and took out some and all that good stuff. See for yourselves :) It is NOT complete! Remember this ;) Check it and let me know how you like it or have problems installing it.

Turn signature verification OFF before flashing the ZIP. Do a DATA/FACTORY RESET, CACHE, DALVIK-CACHE then flash. This ROM was tested on GNM recovery and works fine on it. Others have reported issues with CWM! It takes a few minutes for it on first boot so be patient! Thanks to ALFICK3 for the tip to getting it to boot flawlessly. Enjoy.

I'm not sure what tip I gave, but you're welcome. :) I use ROM Manager with Clockwork Mod recovery, and was able to flash this and get it working on two different phones (albeit similar and purchased at the same time).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It wasn't working for some prior because you originally upped this with GNM 2.2 kernel . If I'm correct aflick was stock 2.2 and that's why it booted for him. The video display drivers are different 2.2.1 stock and above from 2.2 OMs

You are absolutely correct; my phones were 2.2 stock. The only ROM that I've never been able to boot was the APlus 2.2.1 ROM. I've been able to load any other roms that I've tried. It must be from the video driver.

Upvote 0
ok i download rom toolbox went to fonts shows a tons of fonts. any one i pick as far as bigger size. reboot my contact fonts are still small also the background color on the status bar how can that be change to be more readable.???? thanks other wise love the rom.

If that didnt work then install Font Installer and do it that way. Not sure if it will change your contact lis font. It might. Also if you download the ROM it HAS all that in the ROM.

Upvote 0
If that didnt work then install Font Installer and do it that way. Not sure if it will change your contact lis font. It might. Also if you download the ROM it HAS all that in the ROM.
well fonts are fix now. how do i change the color and icon size of the upper status bar.
also the download link is down.??? so far loving the rom pretty fast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones