• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] UD 2.3!!! Hot of the presses!

Might want to try a different kernel....i noticed when i try different kernels i get these. Till i founmd one works with my phone. the LFY kernels work great.

Normally I would have done that, but I'm just running the stock kernel, which most UD'ers seem to have no issues with. Plus, I am getting the best batt life outta the stock kernel, so I don't want to lose that.

I'm starting to think my issues might be related to moving some apps to SD.

Upvote 0
I have my LEDs working correctly, and the only thing I have checked under LED Notifications>Advanced is 'Always Pulse'. I recall having issues w/ the LED's when I had Blend or Succession checked.

Thanks I tried it but no dice. All it does is make the LED stay on when the screen is on too (as the description suggests). I'm going to try flashing the ROM again because it seems like the LEDs were working fine until I started changing the colors, but I can't be sure.

ETA:
Had to wipe and flash again to get the LEDs to work right. May tinker some tonight and see if i can change the colors without screwing up the blink pattern.

Upvote 0
Using the Slayher LV 1100 kernal, I started having all kinds of problems today with my wireless refusing to work. Toggling Airplane Mode on and off doesn't even work anymore. I can send and receive texts, but I have no internet, Market, Maps, or any kind of data connection.

?????

EDIT: I wiped all date/cache and installed LFY 1.95, and I STILL have no data connection. Googled around for possible Verizon data outages, but have found nothing. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Using the Slayher LV 1100 kernal, I started having all kinds of problems today with my wireless refusing to work. Toggling Airplane Mode on and off doesn't even work anymore. I can send and receive texts, but I have no internet, Market, Maps, or any kind of data connection.

?????

EDIT: I wiped all date/cache and installed LFY 1.95, and I STILL have no data connection. Googled around for possible Verizon data outages, but have found nothing. Any ideas?

*228 and do both option 1 and 2.

I'm using Chevy's ULV 1.2 GHz kernel. My battery life sucks. It's like it was when I wasn't rooted. I have it at 550 MHz, but at performance. For some reason, increasing the MHz but leaving it "on demand" still isn't quite fast. But bumping it to "performance" is just like it was on UD 8.0, which is what I upgraded from. I loved that one so much more than this one. I may switch back. But battery life seems to have been cut in half after using the same kernel on 2.3.

What're you guys using?

Upvote 0

I'm using Chevy's ULV 1.2 GHz kernel. My battery life sucks. It's like it was when I wasn't rooted. I have it at 550 MHz, but at performance. For some reason, increasing the MHz but leaving it "on demand" still isn't quite fast. But bumping it to "performance" is just like it was on UD 8.0, which is what I upgraded from. I loved that one so much more than this one. I may switch back. But battery life seems to have been cut in half after using the same kernel on 2.3.

What're you guys using?

Using p3droid 1.2. LFY and Chevy's I couldn't get wireless to work.

Upvote 0

What're you guys using?

you should try using a kernel that gives you the interactive governor so you can have the speed just right. That saves battery for me.

Upvote 0

I picked up my phone around 3pm today and I had the little exclamation mark in the triangle icon in my notification bar. I pushed it down and it said something along the lines of "your data roaming has been lost" - hell, I can't remember what it said but I know that when I was out of the office from about 2-3 I didn't get any emails from my corp account or gmail and I had 3 sitting in both accounts when I got back to my desktop. I shrugged it off but someone else mentioned they couldn't use their vzw aircard around the same time this afternoon a few miles down the road from me.

Upvote 0
you should try using a kernel that gives you the interactive governor so you can have the speed just right. That saves battery for me.

Could you link me, please? I dunno what you mean by interactive governor, but I use SetCPU to bring the speed down to the minimum (250 MHz) when the screen is off. When it's on, it's 550 MHz at performance and it's almost as fast as running 1.25 GHz max and min. on UD 8.0.

So something isn't right there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones