• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Uncommon Sense (v1.1) Release!

Any information on how to deal with the new update? I keep getting reminders and don't want to apply until it's dealt with properly.
Though I'm currently running SkyRaider, I received the notification Sunday morning. Got tired of the nag so I did a nandroid and then told it to go ahead and install - nothing happened, not even a reboot. Haven't seen the reminder since.

Upvote 0
Any information on how to deal with the new update? I keep getting reminders and don't want to apply until it's dealt with properly.
I have downloaded and installed (I don't think it ever installs completely) the update several times on my rooted phone running Uncommon Sense ROM and nothing happens....it just eventually pops up another reminder later.

Upvote 0
I performed a full wipe of my Incredible. I went back to stock and performed the latest update. I rooted with unrEVOked 3.22. I downloaded ROM Manager and installed Uncommon Sense 1.1 and it seems that every time I reboot the phone it tries to install a Flash update and then I eventually get the prompt for the system update.

My guess is that the updater is checking against the apps installed by Uncommon Sense and assuming it still needs to be updated, but I really am not a power user and so I am just guessing. Hopefully we can use this thread to figure something out.

Upvote 0
I performed a full wipe of my Incredible. I went back to stock and performed the latest update. I rooted with unrEVOked 3.22. I downloaded ROM Manager and installed Uncommon Sense 1.1 and it seems that every time I reboot the phone it tries to install a Flash update and then I eventually get the prompt for the system update.

My guess is that the updater is checking against the apps installed by Uncommon Sense and assuming it still needs to be updated, but I really am not a power user and so I am just guessing. Hopefully we can use this thread to figure something out.
I too was using the Uncommon Sense custom ROM and loved it. However, I switched to Virtious because I got tired of it nagging to me to update and the flash update would always come up. I also had a problem with the same missed calls showing up after every reboot.

you need to edit your build.prop
Can you elaborate? How do I "edit" that file? Instructions somewhere?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones