• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Unleashed 3.0 Alpha! AOSP Fun! Jet pack not included.

Matt4542

Sep 5, 2010
[/SIZE]
sf9pbm.png

THIS IS AN ALHPA! Make sure you know what you are doing before flashing because there are a few things you need to do for things to work!

Thanks for cvpcs for publicly posting his source, which I compiled from.
Thanks slayher for his vendor setup, for a huge amount of help building my original AOSP build(I decided to switch to building from cvpcs' afterwards), and for the USB fix.
Thanks blackdroid for the idea to fix the sound.
Thanks to Speels for providing me a server to host this ROM on, and his unending moral support
Thanks to Jackson Barber for testing this.
Thanks to Justin Rogers, for giving the the DX proprietaries.
Thanks to Jrummy16 for helping me with some unlisted things ;)
Thanks everyone for the constant support when this starting driving me INSANE
Thanks tanknspank for reading this over
Thanks to my girlfriend for letting me work on this and not getting angry(LOL)

Current bugs:
Phone reboots when you press the sleep/wake button
Video camera crashes
Accelerometer doesn't work
Not sure about others...

Please report any bugs to bugs@epicroms.com

Features:
From source AOSP ROM
Extra mods in the settings
Zero Motoblur.
Rotary lock screen(Kinda defeats the purpose at the moment haha)
Lock screen music controls(Again defeats the purpose at the moment :p)
Built in USB tethering
Eliot Stocker's MusicMod
Cytown phone
More to come...

Pre-install steps:

If you would like USB to work, and to have the ability to pull the battery and always reboot into recovery(as long as you don't sbf) follow these steps. You will need USB debugging enabled for these steps.

Step 1: Download the files here for windows and here for Linux depending on what OS you are running. Linux and Windows only for now.
Step 2: Windows: Run dopreinstall.bat with USB debugging on, on your phone.
Linux: Open terminal and cd to the folder you extracted the zip from. Then type "chmod 0755 dopreinstall.sh" then "./dopreinstall.sh" with USb debugging on, on your phone.

How to install:

Step 1: Download and install Koush's bootstrap application if not already done.
Step 2: Copy Unleashed30AlphaDX.zip to your sdcard and then unmount
Step 3: Bootstrap recovery, then reboot recovery
Step 4: Mount /system in mounts and storage
Step 5: Install Unleashed30AlphaDX.zip from the sdcard
Step 6: Wipe data/factory reset(Not needed if coming from any Fission release, but recommended, as it may help fix some bugs)
Step 7: Reboot.
Step 8: Once your phone boots, give it around 2-3 minutes before you start using it. Tap the screen every 30-40 seconds to keep it from locking and rebooting.
Step 9: If you get stuck at the Setup Wizard, go back to the "Welcome To DROIDX" screen and tap all four corners until it either goes to the home screen, or when you hit the home button it goes to the home screen.
Step 10: Once out of the Setup Wizard, go to your settings, display, and set the display lock to 30 minutes so it doesn't keep shutting off and rebooting.

For USB to work, you will need to have the USB cable plugged in while booting or it will not charge or allow you to copy files to your sdcard. You can always charge through an outlet though.

When you boot, you may get a few force closes. Always select wait on these. You may also get Android System, select wait for that also.

For further support on how to do some of these steps, please join my IRC chat. Go to http://epicroms.com/blog/?page_id=2.

Even tho this is being posted a little after 12AM EST, HAPPY THANKS GIVING!

Follow me on Twitter

Oh and I almost forgot with writing that long post. Here is your download!

For the most up to date info, or just a place to chill, come to my IRC channel.

MD5 sums:

06f5d6140b90ef89d59281ad6cb92552 Unleashed30AlphaDX.zip

3abc60718ab3c30e375df83e6b055270 preinstallstuff.zip

I will be releasing my source on Github once I get everything working. In the mean time, check out http://github.com/cvpcs for the ROM source.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones