Root ROM update went wrong, need help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by perevers, Jul 7, 2009.

1. perevers

perevers Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Hey.
    I have just root'et my magic (not for the first time) and everything went according to plan, i uploaded the update-zip file to my sd card, and went in to the update menu (or what its called) and pressed apply update, and after the phone was updated, i pressed reboot.
    And here starts the trouble: the phone just locks at the HTC Magic screen, its keeps showing that screen for a very long time, and nothing else happens, so i need some help to "wake up" my phone again.
    I cant find my phone in SDK when i use the "adb devices" command.
    If i try and use the [Home+Power on] command, i get a screen with a phone and a triangular sign with a "!" above the phone
    Can anyone help me? what should i do?

Per

Advertisement
  2. Caper

Caper New Member

Jun 12, 2009
    - Hold the HOME and POWER button until you get the triangle.
    - Then release HOME and POWER
    - Push and hold HOME and press the POWER button once
    - Release the HOME button and use the "mouse" and go down to Wipe data/factory"
    - ???
    - PROFIT :p

3. perevers

perevers Member

Jun 14, 2009
    That didn't help, still just the HTC Magic loading screen. Do you have any other suggestions?

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member
    VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Pull Battery for a minute and then reinstall it ...
    THEN >> When you press and hold the HOME key and then press power .. Can you get back to the Recovery menu ... ?

5. perevers

perevers Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Yes, i can get to the recovery menu. or atleast that's what i think it is, its a screen with a picture of a phone and and trianguler "!" above

6. Rohaq

Rohaq Member

May 14, 2009
    I'm having issues too: I accidentally flashed my phone with spl-signed.zip before applying the radio update; my phone now starts up to the initial boot screen, but won't go any further.

So far, I've tried pulling the battery for a few minutes, and booting whilst holding the Home button, but it stays stuck at that screen.

I'm a bit worried now; can anyone offer any other suggestions?

EDIT:- Actually, this is the Magic forum, I've got a Dream, sorry!

7. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One...
    VIP Member

if you can get to the recovery screen i would suggest pulling your sd card out while power is off putting a known working build on the sd then power up to the recovery do an alt+w followed by alt+s when it finishes the install you should be good to go.....

8. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One...
    VIP Member

well i would first try to get to fastboot by holding down camera+end when booting if you can get to that i can give you images to flash your phone back to life... if that does not work try booting holding down the volume down button + end and if that does not work i would say it is time to think about getting it exchanged or using your insurance on the phone if you have it........

Tags: