• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] UPDATED 2012/09/4 CyanogenMod 7.2

Swisaiahag

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2012
Miami,Florida
CyanogenMod 7.2 :
Issues:
What's Working (V1.30):

• Wifi
  • 3G/Data
  • Rotation (Accelerometer) Works with 50% of Huawei M835s (Mostly Synaptic Touchscreen Androids for Some Reason)
  • SMS/MMS* (Recommend you set APNS/Backup APNS Before Flashing Than Restoring AFter
  • GPS
  • Keyboard
  • Dialer/Contact
  • Market (Google Play Store)
  • Camera/Video Recording
  • Music
Links:

gApps :

MMS Fix :

(Flash With Ultrajack)

Notes :

Audio Distorts when volume is set over 70% (See ScreenShots for Recommend MAX Volumes)

Set Custom Equalizer in DSP Manager
Set Graph as it the Screenshots

ChangeLog :

v1.20

• Changed base rom
  • change bootanimations
  • fixed dialer,music player,contacts,keyboard,camera
  • fixed lcd density/build.prop tweaks
v1.25
  • fixed gps
  • buil.prop tweaks
  • new bootanimation
v1.30
  • NEW Bootanimation with Sound (I did NOT create it i found it on xda forums
  • Fixed Camera

Attachments

• screenshot-1346719187365.png
    screenshot-1346719187365.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 248
  • screenshot-1346719280514.png
    screenshot-1346719280514.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 245
EDIT: IGNORE THIS POST, didnt pay attention to the CM7.1RC1... saw CM7 port then went to the issues/working list first... :/

Im a bit confused...

Using the u8150 CM7 nightly from 9-02-2012, the only issues so far I have noticed are:

Accelerometer (Screen Rotation)
Roaming notification flashing (in the notification bar)
Backlight for the hard buttons doesn't work

Now, I don't use this phone with service, its setup for a friend for using GVoice and simple text's and what-not with WiFi

Camera works fine (pictures/video/preview), I didnt notice any lag/issues with the lockscreen, the keyboard looked just fine, didnt check the dialer, will have to later... The touchscreen seems a bit stiff

EDIT: IGNORE THIS POST, didnt pay attention to the CM7.1RC1...

Upvote 0
Actually you are correct. That rom works but you cannot send MMS. I have tryed to fix it but it wont work.

I cant find it now, but there was an mms fix for CM7 at one point... and its fixed in PG's rom...

That being said, did you manage to fix the issues I listed? and how? (if you did on thee 9-02 release that is)

EDIT: another "bug" :D the IDEOS image upon boot on the m835 :X

Upvote 0
Yea I fixed. the keylights for that rom(all I had to do for keylights is to theme the lense lockscreen in uptake kitchen lol). and the mms was the only thing left to fix. . but as for this rom everything works (with minimal bugs) . ..as for the ideos image you have to edit boot.img. which idk how lol. .

Thanks, got a link for the kitchen? Did a simple google serach but got nothing... useful that is :/

thats one bug off my list I guess :D

I just cant go back to older versions of CM7 after all the stuff thats been backported into it from ICS/JB (not so much JB), and some features that where fixed and re-added :D

Runs like a champ for me besides the mentioned issues

Upvote 0
sorry i meant UOT Kitchen Lol (Auto-Correct did that )
i guess so , this is for people who want a functionally port for everyday use .

Ah, thanks :D

I want a functional port for everyday use, got it as well :D just dont use Phone/Data (cellular) and it works fine (besides what I listed)

All otherwise, ill use your yours or PG, thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones