1. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Title says it all really

ROM Upgrade for HTC Hero_2.73.405.5 now on UK support site

Fill ya boots :)

Advertisement
  2. ForestLaw

ForestLaw Member

Rly? I don't see it.. :/ Am I in the right place, on the software support site for the Hero?

3. ripkord

ripkord Well-Known Member

doesnt work on t-mob or orange branded Heros.

4. ForestLaw

ForestLaw Member

5. hoppy1986

hoppy1986 Well-Known Member

im with you i cant find it or it isnt there

6. Gibb

Gibb Member

You can remove "UK" from the topic title.. it's also available on the HTC Europe support site:

HTC Europe - Support

So.. all EU countries.. just not in US and other continents.

7. Dallasguy

Dallasguy Well-Known Member

Has anyone in the US upgraded this, yet?

8. Gibb

Gibb Member

No official US update available yet...

9. DrDeath

DrDeath Member

If anyone has installed new UK or Europe ROM, could you please check what languages are supported in the locale setting? Thanks in advance!

10. Gibb

Gibb Member

You can download it from your country's support site.. so I guess all locale's are supported?

11. DrDeath

DrDeath Member

I can't, cause I have T-mobile G2, so cant download anything at the moment with my serial number. I need Russian language which G2 ROM doesnt have but possibly the UK or European versions have it. And there is no update for Russia.

12. Dallasguy

Dallasguy Well-Known Member

I don't think there will be a US update for this hero as it is not available in the US, right? I think I will have to do a UK update as its the only one in English.

13. chaz_uk

chaz_uk Well-Known Member

Hmm.. Lets hope Orange and T-Mobile get their arses in gear with their releases. :D

Thanks OP!

14. themonkster

themonkster Well-Known Member

The Rom update is on the u.k site now. Not just the European. Gonna blast it on when I get home.

Spoke to orange c.s they said I can do the HTC update it will not affect the warranty.

Happy days.

15. chaz_uk

chaz_uk Well-Known Member

We can't download it because our phones serial numbers won't let us download it. (at least mine doesn't) :(

16. Alsybub

Alsybub Member

Unfortunately the update doesn't work with an Orange branded handset. I tried downloading it and HTC support wouldn't allow it with my serial and then I found the update through other means but when I go to install it the software will not allow the update due to the carrier.

We really will have to wait for Orange to do something.

I'm not exactly happy right now. Been waiting for this update for so long.

17. hoppy1986

lucky for me i have an unbranded handset from carphone warehouse on orange.

basically mike form htc was feeding me bullshit that i have to download it from orange.

i downloading it from the htc site now.

18. Alsybub

Alsybub Member

Lucky for you then. I knew there would be some kind of problem when I accepted a branded handset. Damn!

Anyone been on the phone to Orange?

19. ForestLaw

ForestLaw Member

All is well now. My only little hassle during the ROM upgrade was the restore of Apps through the application MyBackup. When you restore them, they are removed the MyDownloads section of the market. So I downloaded all my apps again manually :/

20. robbiec

robbiec Member

The update totally rocks thankyou htc :D this really sorts the handset out. UK site took ages to download so I went for US.. took 1/2 hr to download and 5 mins to install :)))

21. hoppy1986

ive done the update and all is good. seems fasters and smoother, dunno if the 'eating sms' problem has been fixed, the camera is better, all n all a good update.

22. Ewaffles

Ewaffles New Member

This is a joke! Doesn't work for t-mobile UK HTC Hero! I am so angry right now, been waiting for this for so long and putting up with how slow the phone is, and the incredible frustrating situation of not receiving texts. Anyone spoken to t-mobile yet?

23. mundo

mundo New Member

I'm absolutely fuming about this. I'm on Orange and get that error message as well. There are so many issues with this phone, rushed out without testing and fixing the issues. Now there's a fix Orange and T-Mobile users are treated like second class citizens! Orange are completely useless and won't help at all. Let's just hope this is a technical coc$ up!

24. southwestukjay

southwestukjay Member

for those of us that dont wanna mess around with our phones this update sucks!! it wont install on any unmodded orange or tmobile hero :mad: this realy takes the p*** as unless im mistaken orange contracts state that the handset is yours obtained outside the terms of your contract so how come we cant do what we want with our own property?? maybe there is a few lawyers out the that may take this on as yet again orange has screwed its customers!!! and tmobile guess thats why they are teaming up i suppose we will have to wait 6 months while they screw up the firmware with their crappy logos maybe we should start charging for the advertisements we are giving them lol:D or hopefull there will be some clever buggers out there that will mod the htc one to accept orange and tmobile carriers so we can get rid of the crap orange square which is so riveting to watch:mad: please programmers out there hack it mod it and help out all those poor orange and tmobile VICTIMS !!!!!

25. phannon86

phannon86 Active Member

Utter joke, what's the point with the S/N restricting branded handset??? It's the same damn handset!!!! Sort it out HTC.