• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM upgrade, Using Windows 7- Help?

Hi All,

My first post on this forum. Have HTC hero, on Orange UK, on 1.5 and need to upgrade to ROM version 2.73.405.5.

When I go to the official upgrade ROM page on HTC, I cannot highlight the box "I understand....etc" or view the readme file.

Is this because I am using Windows 7?, This OS is not listed as a supported OS.

HTC sync is working fine. Any help to complete the ROM upgrade would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks for the swift response.

I use firefox, so tried with explorer instead. Managed to read the "readme" file, but when I entered my serial number, I was advised that the updated Orange ROM "was not suitable for my device".

Computer now seems ok, so I will speak to Orange.

Regards

Bomber12.

Have you checked in the settings to see what version your current rom is?

Upvote 0
Mez,
Don't take this wrong, but I was glad to here that you had the same issue. I think of myself as computer literate, and could not believe I was having problems.

I hope my local Orange shop can help. Maybe I'll make use of a friend's XP machine, and try your suggestion.

Thanks.

No worries xp would be the best bet. HTC haven't made any comment that I know of about this

Orange are useless I'm going to be making an official complaint about the service
Wouldn't usually bother me but they've really pi..ed me off

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones