• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v028b] GingerDX v28b 2.3 by Doixanh

Hi,

I think because some coding in v15 is in conflict with wifi settings
so hot fix is to be flashed to get wifi working.

I do not use v15... I am still using v13.
I think v14... v15 with the hot fix is not stable at the moment.
I don't like custom with hotfix... it shows that something is not working properly.

I will wait for a better version without hotfix...

cheers :)
gabe

Hi gabe,

Thx for reply.

Now i understand..
If you get better version without hotfix,tell me too..^^

Upvote 0
please help me...

minta maaf bhs inggris saya jelek..
dari rom backupan saya eclair (2.1.1.A.0.6) dgn baseband xxx015+xrecovery+root.. kemudian saya install cuztome zip gdxv017 >> full wipe >> reboot.... saya masi stuck di boot loop gdx logo.. :(

anehnya.. saya coba telpon nomer saya...masuk..setelah itu saya reject.. dan akhirnya masuk ke homescreennya...dan akhirnya bisa digunakan dgn normal..knp bisa begitu ya?? gak perfect untuk install rom nya...bingung cari letak kesalahan..:(

please help me..

Upvote 0
hi sorry newbie here i dont know how to start coz its not working when i press the back button during the start what should i do first please help

Hi,

Assuming you have successfully ROOTed your phone...

1. to install xRecovery properly you have to make sure you copy and paste the three files using Root Explorer
a) copy all three files to SD Card
b) launch Root Explorer and select <Mount R/W> (the button is at the top)
c) copy the three files one by one into /system/bin folder

that's it...

gabe

Upvote 0
yes but before 2 days i can move the apps to sd card n yesterday my phone juz hang in the sony ericsson logo screen..
for that i need to flash my phone... after flashing i restored one of my backup.. but the phone is jus restarting continously when its booting....
so for it i installed the gingerdx 017 custom zip rom..
after that i cant move the apps to sd card...

?????????
thanks

Upvote 0
I have also upgraded to 2.3.7(v017) last week and it's all working fine.

I even downloaded a app called apps2sd with the help of which i can move the apps to sd card easily.

As of my observation, the ROM is stable and offers all the features and also offers great camera and music ( default )

Are you downloading lot of apps ? then do check those downloaded recently to see if they are causing any issues.

Upvote 0
please help me...

minta maaf bhs inggris saya jelek..
dari rom backupan saya eclair (2.1.1.A.0.6) dgn baseband xxx015+xrecovery+root.. kemudian saya install cuztome zip gdxv017 >> full wipe >> reboot.... saya masi stuck di boot loop gdx logo.. :(

anehnya.. saya coba telpon nomer saya...masuk..setelah itu saya reject.. dan akhirnya masuk ke homescreennya...dan akhirnya bisa digunakan dgn normal..knp bisa begitu ya?? gak perfect untuk install rom nya...bingung cari letak kesalahan..:(

please help me..

full wipe sebelum instal ROM gan
backup > full wipe > install rom > reboot

Upvote 0
Hello.

iam using v.17 now and i want to use the v.18 do i need delete all the files i have or i can update to v.18 and use my settings in v.17?

Hi,

"All versions will preserve your DATA partition, so don't worry about losing apps/setting"

thats Doixanh say. Its mean, you can flash v018. Its just update your data partition. If you do full wipe after flash v018, ur setting,apps will lose.

if you have any bug, try full wipe.

p/s : sory if wrong..:(

Upvote 0
Hi gabeyong,

I installed GingerDX weeks ago.

I was quite happy with the results and I rarely found glitches with the software. Overall, the experience was great and I forgot the I am using an unofficial software for my Xperia X8. Great job!

But one problem bugs me. It is about my internet connection through my mobile network.

My Carrier is Globe Telecom, and I happened to call (customer service) them for about 5-8 times by now, and they manually configured my internet account for my phone. All the APN and necessary information has been configured, and my simcard is ready to be used for the internet. I have extra load (I'm using prepaid); but I can't connect to the internet. My "Data Enabled" is checked and so is the Power Control icon on my homescreen.

Globe said that it would be a problem in my phone and not from theirs.

I'm just asking...how can I fix this kind of problem. I always restart my phone and it does nothing. The E logo (with the arrows pointing up and down) doesn't appear in the notification area, even though I am getting a decent phone signal and clicking on the browser.

Please help me. Please. Thank you!

Upvote 0
Gabe , thanks for the clarification between GingerDx and GingerXperia, just checking if you have any info on this.

Comparing the GingerDx (v17,V18,V19 )with GingerXperia( whatever the latest versions), which one is very stable and has lot of features ( sorry i know the list is exhaustible , but till )

Would you suggest to upgrade the GingerDx v17 to GingerXperia , if the latter is very good ?

Waiting for your valuable feedback

Cheers

Upvote 0
Gabe , thanks for the clarification between GingerDx and GingerXperia, just checking if you have any info on this.

Comparing the GingerDx (v17,V18,V19 )with GingerXperia( whatever the latest versions), which one is very stable and has lot of features ( sorry i know the list is exhaustible , but till )

Would you suggest to upgrade the GingerDx v17 to GingerXperia , if the latter is very good ?

Waiting for your valuable feedback

Cheers

Hi,

After using both GingerXperia and GingerDX for a while
I can't say which is better... I am currently using GingerXperia v10
I experience better battery life with it.

GingerDX is getting too complicated for me with the Linux Kernel which may be experimental at the moment.

gabe

Reactions: meiaxx8 and sunsril
Upvote 0
Hi,

Now that you have got a rooted Xperia X8, installed xRecovey, JIT and Link2SD, Live Wallpapers and everything is working fine...

What's next? Playing games, using widgets and apps?

SONY Ericsson has officially stop developing Android OS for the Xperia X8.
Eclair 2.1.1. is the last software update.

Wondered what it would be like to run Gingerbread 2.3 on your Xperia X8?

I have been using a "ported" new ROM called GingerDX
This "Gingerbread" Android ROM 2.3 is stable.

GingerDX ROM Features:
Clean stock CM7. Latest Gingerbread 2.3.5.
Fully working Camera
Minimal number of apps are installed.
Lightweight: maximum 99MB of free RAM.
My favorite modules: X8Gesture v007, X8Undervolt v001, X8MDDI v001, AX8 SMARTASS
The usual things with other ROMs: wifi / bluetooth / usb / sensors / 3d / video / fmradio / camera / rooted / jit / zipaligned / app2sd / ...
Smooth. It IS as smooth as CM6 in 2D (menu scrolling/flinging...)
A-Theme included.
WEP adhoc supported
Dual Recovery and reboot to xRecovery/CWM
CallMeLouder: Louder ringer when the phone is inside bags.
Improved Flipping down mutes ringer
Flipping down snoozes alarm
Disable LED notification in night
Back button ends call
Built-in Transparent Status Bar support
Hide avatar in SMS
Quick Copy / Quick Paste
View.measure() method caching for improved 2D performance
Custom carrier text
Built-in loop ringtone support without OGG editing
Optimized ("smoothened") scrolling/flinging
Configuration section

v018 Update: October 25 v018 - Small Improvements
CM Nightlies Hero 223. CM 7.1.0.
Temporarily removed recent apps on status bar.
A-Theme 0.8
Some translations added.

v017 Update: October 02 v017. Fixes
Fixed WiFi with stock kernel.
Fixed DSP Manager FCs
Restored boot sound
Restored Sense ringtone.

Requirements:
- Rooted Xperia X8
- xRecovery installed
- ClockworkMod Recovery*
- Latest kernel and latest baseband xxx015

If you are stuck in a boot loop it's because you have got an old baseband xxx006
Download FlashTool and flash Baseband 015

(A) Make a backup of whatever ROM you are using
1. Restart Xperia X8
2. Multiple click back button when SE logo appears
3. Go to Backup / Restore <click><backup>
4. When backup is complete <reboot> X8

(B) Installation of GingerDX ROM:

1a. Download GingerDX v018 ROM
OR
1b. Download GingerDX v017 ROM
OR
1c. Download GingerDX v013 ROM

2. Copy ROM to sdcard
3. Reboot to ClockworkMod Recovery*
4. Install custom zip
5. Reboot

NOTE*:
For those who do not have ClockworkMod Recovery
a) download ClockworkMod Recovery
b) flash the ClockworkMod Recovery zip file using xRecovery
c) reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery

(C) Support Files You May Require:
Timescape for GingerDX
Stock Kernel for GingerDX

Other Files You May Require
Root Explorer
xRecovery
LauncherPro Plus
LauncherPro Plus Unlocker
Quadrant Advanced
Android Gingerbread User Manual
SONY Xperia X8 User Guide

Support:
SONY Ericsson Support Website
PC Companion, USB Drivers for Xperia X8, SEUS & Media Sync

Don't forget to hit the link and thank Doixanh for the GingerDX ROM. I did not make the ROM I am just a user. All credits for the GingerDX ROM goes to Doixanh. Do hit his link and thank him if you like the GingerDX ROM.

If you need any help... you can post your problems/issues here.

gabe

HI GABE,RECENTLY I'VE INSTALL GINGERDXV017 AND I'M LIKE IT YERY MUCH.MY QUESTION HERE IS IS MULTI TOUCH INCLUDED AND IF NOT HOW TO ENABLE IT:thinking:

Upvote 0
hi gabe,thanks for ur info,but can u provide me step by step how to do it
,tq;)

Thanks...
i upgraded to v018....but my double finger pinch zoom is disabled....what can i do?????
Thanks in advance....:D

Flash LinuxDX Kernel

1. Download LinuxDX Kernel
2. Download FlashTools
3. Connect Phone to PC
3. Launch FlashTools
4. Flash LinuxDX Kernel
5. Reboot

WRONG
2. Copy to sdcard
3. Reboot to CWM
4. Install custom zip
5. Reboot

gabe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones