• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v028b] GingerDX v28b 2.3 by Doixanh

yes... just use xRecovery.

sorry... you have to use flashtool to flash the Linux kernel
beware not all apps supported in multitouch mode

cheers :)
gabe

hi gabe,

I'm new here and a new x8 user. I just got this phone 5 months back. I've tried the custom ROM FroyoBread v023b FINAL, but it didn't support multitouch. So I just upgraded to GingerDX v013 recently. Multitouch is perfect. :D

I tried v022 a couple of days ago but i don't see much different and multitouch gone. I'm kinda worried to flash the kernel since some said it might brick the phone and just like ur comment above not all apps support multitouch. I reverted to v013. Basically, do u know what is the big different between v013 and v022.

and with v013, I found a few probs not sure anyone of you are facing it too.

1. when you're on the apps list screen, and if u rotate the screen either side, all the apps stack up together on top of each other until u touch the screen.

2. after several reboot of the phone. This thing came up 'SIM Network unlock pin'. I just dismiss it, my phone is working, internet , call and sms all still working. So I just ignore. :D

3. I tried to configure the phone settings for MMS, but the settings canNOT be sent to my phone. Been trying many times, sms all works fine, but not the phone settings (from the telco). Could it be because of the SIM Network unlock issue?

4. One more thing, Adobe Flash Player not supported by this device, cannot be installed.

other than that, v013 is working perfectly. :) Happy to have this after several months of 2.1.:)

Upvote 0
Hi Gabe

Did you have another link to these files;

(C) Support Files You May Require:
Timescape for GingerDX
Stock Kernel for GingerDX

I can not downloading, They have blocked from my provider. I looking for long time for that, ini original thread the link are broken too.

Thanks a lot ;)

Hi,

I have just updated the links to Mediafire - you can download them now.

gabe

Upvote 0
Now that the MultiUpload.com server is down, are there alternative links to downloads of the ROM's? Particularly the V22 and V23?

Also, another MOD requires the X8 to be of model #E15i and not supporting E15a, does it matter for your MOD?

Thanks...

Hi,

I have just updated the links to Mediafire - you can download them now.

gabe

Upvote 0
hi,

if you are playing games on your Xperia X8 it is recommended to flash LinuxDX kernel by Doxianh.

so check it out here <--- here

after you flash the custom kernel you can play the majority of the popular games (highly recommended). but be warned you might brick your phone if you do this wrongly.

gabe

hi gabe,
can you upload file-file to flash LinuxDX?
because my country block MultiUpload :mad:

thank for you because upload ROM gingerDX..i can Update GingerDX ^^

Upvote 0
Hey gabe.

I have 1 problem.

I followed what you said, flashed, use xrecovery to backup, than to flash cwm recovery, than to use cwm recovery to unpack/update that zip updates that i downloaded to my sd.

First i instaled v023b, and it freezes in loading, when that blue android picture shows.
Than i instaled v023 and i freezes at start up, it just shows "sony ericsson" and it doesn't move from that, it freezes. I can't enter cwm cos of that.

Please help me, i don't know what to do.

Upvote 0
Hey gabe.

I have 1 problem.

I followed what you said, flashed, use xrecovery to backup, than to flash cwm recovery, than to use cwm recovery to unpack/update that zip updates that i downloaded to my sd.

First i instaled v023b, and it freezes in loading, when that blue android picture shows.
Than i instaled v023 and i freezes at start up, it just shows "sony ericsson" and it doesn't move from that, it freezes. I can't enter cwm cos of that.

Please help me, i don't know what to do.

Hi,

I think you got an incompatible baseband...
Did you check for baseband xxx.015?

You have to use PC Companion to reinstall your Xperia X8 software.
Check this forum for "unBricking your X8 phone"

gabe

Upvote 0
i did everything mentioned above, ma mobile has all requirements.....but after installing the ROM n rebooting, it is stuck on the SE logo and i cant even go in CWMRecovery:thinking:

i knw abt the restoratn of software frm PC companion, but i really do need an upgrade. wat to do?

Hi,

If you are stuck in a boot loop means that you have an incompatible baseband.

gabe

Upvote 0
Hi!

I have a se X8 with floyo-1.0, and I want to upgrade it to Ginger DX.
So my question(First question:D) is, can I upgrade my x8 with floyo-1.0 to v023 of this ginger DX right away? or do I need to download and install previous versions of ginger DX?

Please help. :(

Sorry, Im just new here. Thanks in advance! cheers!

Hi,

make sure you
backup all your apps and
wipe everything... before you flash.

Factory reset (full wipe)
Wipe dalvik cache
Wipe system cache

then you can just use xRecovery to flash the GingerDX rom.

gabe

Reactions: jraquino
Upvote 0
Help Me Gabeyong..I upgrade from GingerDX v22 to GingerDX v23b last night & my phone stuck at SE logo..cannot off my phone only remove the battery can off the phone..i try to connect to PC Companion but cannot detect..how ya to repair my Phone??please give me how to settle this problems..thx..

Hi,

Switch off Xperia X8.
Launch PC Companion
Connect mini USB to Xperia X8
Hold <back> button of Xperia X8 and connect USB to PC

PC Companion should detect your Xperia X8 in recovery mode and re-install your phone's software.

gabe

Upvote 0
Hi,

Switch off Xperia X8.
Launch PC Companion
Connect mini USB to Xperia X8
Hold <back> button of Xperia X8 and connect USB to PC

PC Companion should detect your Xperia X8 in recovery mode and re-install your phone's software.

gabe

Thank You So Much Mr Gabeyong(Master on Android):)

can u give me step by step to Install GingerDX v023b on my phone??

so after i update this phone from pc companion, what happen to root on my phone?still on the phone or should install again??xrecovery & apps2d install again or what??

Thx Master..:)

Upvote 0
Hello, im new in the world of Roms and those things...

Last week I installed GingerDX v023b and it runs very well, i like it much but I have a problem.. i lost ny 3G connection! Im Chilean, my company its Movistar, and when i search for 3G connection nothing appears:( but when i look for 2G connection i can call and send messages very well! Now im downloading the v024 to test and see if my 3G comes back..

Please help me gabe!

Cheers
=========================

EDIT: Now i already have v24 and its working fine, but it asked me for a "SIM code to unblock PIN", something like that, i dont remember, but its has to be whit the 3G connection?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones