• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v028b] GingerDX v28b 2.3 by Doixanh

i installed GingerFast v2 ROM yesterday but i want to try this one(GingerDX v28)
coz i heard a lot of positive feedbacks:D

my question is do i need to root again my phone ? and do i need to install CWM in my phone?but when i click reboot i have a 3 option , Reboot,xRecovery,ClockWorkMod,.and i kinda confused with that:smokingsomb:
do i need to install again CWM recovery:thinking:

i kinda bit noob ^^ hehe
-boynguso

Upvote 0
i installed GingerFast v2 ROM yesterday but i want to try this one(GingerDX v28)
coz i heard a lot of positive feedbacks:D

my question is do i need to root again my phone ? and do i need to install CWM in my phone?but when i click reboot i have a 3 option , Reboot,xRecovery,ClockWorkMod,.and i kinda confused with that:smokingsomb:
do i need to install again CWM recovery:thinking:

i kinda bit noob ^^ hehe
-boynguso

Hi,
Copy Ginger DX in sd card
You need to reboot into ClockWorkMod
do a factory reset, clear cache and install

cheers :)
gabe

Upvote 0
Hey folks,
I got a little bit confused with all those versions v.022 - c.028. Which of them have you tried and which do you find most stable, good-looking, reliable, fully operational, etc? Different opinions of people who have tried different versions will be useful for me.
Thank you very much

Hi,

I have 2 Xperia X8s... One is on GingerFast v2 and the other is on GingerDX v22. both are stable.

gabe

Upvote 0
Hello all,

I have an xperia x8 and

I can't mount usb memory sticks, I use Q5 memory usb and root explorer, when I open /usb_drive directory is empty.

I tried with several software to mount usb memory but I think it's drivers problem, I think I need a module to install but when I installed GingerDX ROM and see the Q5 memory usb software I supposed all needed things were ready to insert a memory usb stick and read it.

I tried with 1gb memory stick, with 4gb memory stick and no one works.

Could you help me to mount memory sticks? I read a lot of webs and tutorials but always the same information, install Q5, install root explorer, make a directory with usb_drive name, and ready to work. But always the directory is empty.

I tried with Host controller usb but only detects the sdcard, not the usb memory stick.

If you know how to solve it please let me know,

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi Gabe,

I've been having some trouble in installing the ClockWorkMod through the link on the XDA forums you provided.

I tried both installing the custom ZIP file through xRecovery, and copying the .tar file to system/bin with all the permissions. However, I can't access ClockWorkMod.

Pressing back repeatedly invokes xRecovery, while tapping on the screen as SE appears does nothing.

Any idea what could be wrong? Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Upvote 0
Hi Gabe,

I've been having some trouble in installing the ClockWorkMod through the link on the XDA forums you provided.

I tried both installing the custom ZIP file through xRecovery, and copying the .tar file to system/bin with all the permissions. However, I can't access ClockWorkMod.

Pressing back repeatedly invokes xRecovery, while tapping on the screen as SE appears does nothing.

Any idea what could be wrong? Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Hi,

You just have to flash the CWM file using xRecovery.
You do not have to copy any file to /system

gabe

Resource:
CMW for Xperia X8

Reactions: FrothFrenzy
Upvote 0
Hi,

You just have to flash the CWM file using xRecovery.
You do not have to copy any file to /system

gabe

Resource:
CMW for Xperia X8

Managed to solve the problem, thanks :)

But now I've got another interesting problem. For some reason, the problem seemed to vanish by itself the day after, but I was wondering what you would have to say about it if by any chance the problem returned.

Having finished all the preparations for the flashing of this ROM, my Market and GMail suddenly stopped working. The thing is, I can use 3G and Wifi without problems, but whenever I tried to sync with GMail, it says I have no connection. As for the market, I can search the app base, but whenever I try to download something, the DL just fails. It doesn't even show the progress bar, just says that the download was unsuccessful about five seconds after I start it.

Tried to solve the problem by clearing the cache of all Google apps, and after that I flashed the backup I made a few days before. The problem persisted.

Then, just magically an hour ago, it all worked again. I did absolutely nothing.

All of it started when I was experimenting with the X8 dual touch module (ax8mt.ko). I integrated it successfully, and I'm happy with it.

Is this in any way root related problem? Or perhaps Google just had a short downage on their servers?

EDIT: It started again, so any kind of a solution would be welcome. Keep in mind that the internet does work - I can surf via Opera. Only these Google apps don't.

EDIT2: I flashed this ROM today, and everything worked on it. Before I tried anything further, I tested the restore of my backup. Same thing - internet works, Google apps can't sync. Guess I'll have to stick to custom ROMs from now on, eh? :)

Upvote 0
Also, I have a related question to the previous problem. If by any chance all solutions fail, obviously what I would have to do is a factory reset. So, when I'm rooted and have CWM installed, is the factory reset done via CWM or the option in the stock ROM?

EDIT: The problem is fixed again. I don't really know what to think anymore :(

EDIT: And now it works only via Wifi :) I can surf via 3G, but Market apps won't sync.

Upvote 0
Hi

I upgraded to gingerDX v30 few days ago and have noticed that i keep getting alerts that Call Log Extension has stopped working (every few minutes). I also get similar alerts for facebook and twitter extensions etc from time to time, because of which I am not able to connect apps to my facebook account. Please tell me what is wrong here? And how I can fix it?

stock kernel, gingerDX v30, partitioned sd card to install lots of apps using link2sd

Upvote 0
Hi

I upgraded to gingerDX v30 few days ago and have noticed that i keep getting alerts that Call Log Extension has stopped working (every few minutes). I also get similar alerts for facebook and twitter extensions etc from time to time, because of which I am not able to connect apps to my facebook account. Please tell me what is wrong here? And how I can fix it?

stock kernel, gingerDX v30, partitioned sd card to install lots of apps using link2sd

Upvote 0
i did everything mentioned above, ma mobile has all requirements.....but after installing the ROM n rebooting, it is stuck on the SE logo and i cant even go in CWMRecovery:thinking:

i knw abt the restoratn of software frm PC companion, but i really do need an upgrade. wat to do?
Hi,
I am in the exact situation like yours now, after trying Gingerdxv23.

Have you recovered from that problem ? If yes

Can you help me by listing step by step on how to recover the phone back

Upvote 0
hi,
thanks and lots of thanks.
initially i had a softbrick with screen flashing SONY ERICSSON
but i read as many articles as i could.
Ended up using GingerDX v24 2.3.7
thanks to lot of questions asked by so many people covering all errors chances.
special thanks "GABEYONG"
Hi,

I am stuck in SE logo after trying to flash Gingerdx rom V23, and now i can't boot into the phone nor xrecovery .

I assume you were in the same status earlier, Can you help on how to recover from this situation

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones