[ROM v3] 2.3.7 GingerXperia Revolution ROM for X8

1. x8fans

x8fans Member

Gabeyong...
    Now i've installed Gbread 2.3.3 all is good except i don't have the Market. how to solve this?
  2. gabeyong

gabeyong Well-Known Member

Here you go... install this

Android Market for 2.3.3

cheers :)
    HaN6787 and x8fans like this.
  3. x8fans

x8fans Member

thanks a lot ^^
  4. x8fans

x8fans Member

Gabeyong..
    My x8 use 2.3.3 rom.. when i make a call and after talk the other party hang up and the screen turn blank... and if make a miss call to my x8 only the screen shows up.. anyway to fix this? or when installing the rom i make wrong step? this may happened maybe 1 in few calls..
  5. gabeyong

Hi,

Can you tell me which Gingerbread Custom Rom you are using?

Check to see if your proximity sensor is working.

During a call and you put your phone to your ear does your phone screen turn off? Try to cover the proximity sensor on the top part of your phone during a call, the screen should switch off. Yes?

During a call try to pull your phone away from your ear and try access your speaker button (on the screen) does your phone screen come on again? Yes?

If your answer is NO to both questions the the proximity sensor module in the ROM is faulty. I also suspect you are using an incomplete Custom ROM since your current ROM doen't have Android Market app pre-installed. Maybe try a different Gingerbread ROM?

6. SEuser

SEuser Member

Hi gabeyong,
    I am facing the same problem too. I am using Srom-2.3.3Gingerbread-v2(x8). My answer to both questions is NO. in fact, after answer a call for more than 2mins the screen turn black and never lite up again. I have to plug in the power to get the screen back again.
    Do u mean i downloaded an incomplete ROM? I have the Market app pre-install.
    Pls help.
  7. gabeyong

Hi,

so sorry, i have never encountered this problem before.
    all i can say is to try a different gingerbread rom and see if your phone works better.

8. eshwar552

eshwar552 New Member

Hi,
    I have installed 2.3 for my X8.
    After completing the Installation i have rebboted nut its showing Cyanogen(mod) on screen and it has struck. Please help me.
  9. gabeyong

Hi,
    go back to you original rom using xrecovery.
    check that your phone NOT on baseband 006.

if it is... you have to upgrade your baseband to baseband 015.

10. x8fans

x8fans Member

i'm using Srom-2.3.3GingerbreadX8-V2 by stelios97 & zousoum96 that u've introduce in this topic. all the sensors is working.. but after a certain time of call time its turn all blank and never show up. but we can still receive phone call or sms.

any other 2.3.3 stable rom u can recommend to me? ^^ thx alot ya.. keep bothering you.
  11. gabeyong

Hi,

go to XDA Developers and have a look.

XDA Dev Webpage

12. raul793

raul793 New Member

since i installed 2.3 , when i install apps or using them , my x8 start to close programs and unmount SD card then reboot ! how can i solve this ?!
  13. gabeyong

Which 2.3 ROM? Not enough information to help you.
  14. raul793

raul793 New Member

Srom-2.3.3Gingerbread-v2
  15. gabeyong

Ok,

I got the solution.
    You have to re-install again.
    but... before you do.

- backup your SD card to PC
    - reformat your SD card to FAT32 with your X8 (this will solve your SD card unmount reboot problem).
    - copy your xrecovery folder (together with your backup/SROM-2.3.3Gingerbread-V2) back to SD card
    - shut down your phone
    - go to xrecovery menu
    - <select> factory reset full wipe
    - <select> wipe cache partition
    this will solve your rebooting issues

- then re-flash the V2-ROM
    - skip setup and go to <privacy><factory data reset>
    - shut down phone and reboot.

raul793 likes this.
  16. evil nemesis

evil nemesis Member

what's wrong with you guys, there's no need to install buggy roms, official thing is official wait for sony to release something else buy xperia arc...

this is market
    this is policy accept the truth.
  17. raul793

raul793 New Member

i'm living in iran . here there is no guaranty , there is no policy , there is no market , its just money ! they sell xbox 360 600$ here and xperia arc costs you 1000$ . where can i find 1000$ ?! :confused:
  18. x8fans

x8fans Member

not everyone is as rich as you.. we all can't buy high end phone like u did.. but we enjoy what we have now.. and we do appreciate all the developer out there who spent most of their time creating custom roms and share to us.. with the custom roms we can enjoy they new android version which the official sony didn't release. for example, the sony x10 was release on march 2010 with the price RM2699 and was considered high end phone at that time, but why until now the x10 user can only enjoy the android 2.1? and after a long time, sony announce that x10 will get it update either by Q2 or Q3 this year... and for the other xperia family i guess will have to wait more longer to get its official update. pls do not comment anything stupid here.. we all owe a lot to the custom roms developer that we can enjoy the 2.3 android ver now on our phone.. peace ^^v
  19. SEuser

SEuser Member

Hi,
    I have uninstall the GB2.3.3 after few days of evaluation. Overall the software is good but I have the screen turn BLACK after a while of talking and very difficiult to get it back to normal. Wondering who else beside X8fans encountered this problem.
  20. x8fans

x8fans Member

try to download the same file again and reinstall again.. maybe there is error during download.. i've try dl again and reinstall and temporary seems like its okay.. but still using now..
    hey or u can try this 2.2.9 CM Floyo v0.25 new release... its beautiful...so love it...
  21. SEuser

SEuser Member

Ya. I tried re-install few times but still no improvement. finally goto Floyo v0.25. Very beautiful and seem like all apps working fine but battery drain like......... nobody business.
  22. AniK

AniK New Member

Gabeyong, THANX A MILLION. GINGERBREAD 2.3 is supercool stable & very fast on X8. I almost resold off this phone within 3 months of buying as I was frustrated with lack of Market access and Eclair.

But last week took courage and rooted my X8. Yesterday after many unsuccessful attempts at xrecovery boot up I'm the proud owner of an X8 running Gingerbread 2.3.

Yoda Gabeyong! Salutations!
  23. dinesh babu

dinesh babu New Member

bro ths is the more stable rom i hav ever tried but i am facing only one problem tht is market downloading problem....it keeps on FC if try to download anything...
    wifi,bluetooth,cam work fine without anyproblem...
    using ths rom from 2 days...
    pls help me pls....:confused::confused:
  24. eshwar552

eshwar552 New Member

Hi,

When i receive a call or dial a call the screen goes blank and even in that stage i the calls are coming but i unable to receive those. the screen comes after 30 mins please help me ..

It happens with Xperia X8 2.3 strome..

Please help me... please...
  25. cheeseng89

cheeseng89 Active Member