1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

[ROM] Velocity V0.1.1 | LG Ally | Android 2.1 | ERE27 | Stable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bennychase

bennychase New Member

Is there any possible way to compile tun.ko drivers into this ROM so we can use OpenVPN?
    A known issue is keeping PPTP from working correctly on the Ally so OpenVPN is my only hope for getting good VPN going on the phone.

Has anyone gotten OpenVPN working on their Ally? And if not, wouldn't it be sweet if you could?

BTW: This is a great ROM and thank you for all your work!
  2. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

Personally I don't like the circle battery icon. I like the current one. The circle doesn't blend well with the rest of the notification bar icons.
  3. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

We can do some photoshoping and i'll work good =D
  4. RedFury

RedFury Well-Known Member

I also have the gmail sync issue.

And if you need photoshop magic, let me know.

/me is still praying for swapon.
  5. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

I'm also pretty handy in photoshop. Would love to contribute to the ROM.
  6. RedFury

For anyone having the gmail sync issue I have found a solution.

Go to Settings->Applications->Manage applications
    Open Gmail Storage and "Clear data"
    Then open Gmail and "Clear cache"

Mail should start to automatically sync to the phone again.

Let me know if it works for you!
    And don't forget the thanks button :)
    mattgaitan and death2all110 like this.
  7. mattgaitan

mattgaitan Well-Known Member

Thanks man, this fix worked perfectly for me, got the emails seconds later :)
  8. z0mbiexx

z0mbiexx Member

cleared data and couldn't clear cache on my gfs ally as it was grayed out but didn't work it would sync anything was already there but once i sent her a new e-mail wouldn't show or sync that e-mail to her phone til a refresh :(
  9. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this issue is because the dalvik cache wasnt cleared before flashing. There are 3 places you need to wipe in CLockwork Recov: Data, Cache Partition, and dalvik cache,

The dalvik is in the advanced menu
  10. z0mbiexx

z0mbiexx Member

just wiped that cache so well see how it works out hopefully won't have to wipe data/cache again for it to work :mad:
  11. RedFury

Sorry, meant to type clear data for both. Try that and see if it helps.
  12. z0mbiexx

z0mbiexx Member

tried clearing just data from gmail and gmail storage didn't work i cleared dalvik and then tried clearing gmail data again still no go.. i cleared the data/cache and then dalvik and still then restored apps via titanium backup and still not receiving gmail unless i hit refresh :/
  13. RedFury

Note: The clear data for both gmail storage and gmail have to be done after every restart apparently. Thanks for the help matt!
  14. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

@trident I would like to see you add the spare parts that is modded by pete. It has a color picker to change the color of the clock on the notification bar very easily. I tried looking but failed.
  15. Vmanisme

Yeah that would be really nice =/, I would want that too because changing the color of the clock without spare parts modded requires modification of the ROM, thats a pain.
  16. flick159

flick159 Well-Known Member

Just flashed this rom, seems nice. Any way to remove the "droid" boot sound. I would like it silent.

Very nice rom otherwise. Thanks much!
  17. Vmanisme

trident can you MOD the ROM and give us different colors for clock, I can do it too but I was wondering if you could somehow make it where we can chose colors, here is a tutorial on color changing you think you can build a little app or something to let us change the font color inside the app:
    [HOW-TO] Change status bar clock color [Archive] - xda-developers
  18. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Pretty sure it doesn't..
    In fact, I know it doesn't. I'm testing Bugless Beast 0.5 for Pete right now and the Spare Parts app included does not have that option.
  19. Trident

Guys.. I'll do what I can to satisfy all of your requests. This kinda stuff is no walk in the park.
  20. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Since everyone is adding all their requests in here.......i would like 2 burgers, a gold plated macbook, and some fruit. Can you make this happen in your next update? Thanks!

Oh....people.......DONATE. This stuff isnt easy! I can easily say that because i donate to developers. They give us hours of work for FREE.
    Trident likes this.
  21. Trident

Shh! :mad: We don't mention those types of sub-par hardware here..

:p ;)
    But seriously guys.. that would be a HUGE motivation! I was up all night for the past week working on this ROM.. just need some expansion to the Red Bull fund. ;)
  22. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

did i say macbook??? im sorry. i totally meant, gold plated: E-machines pre built Walmart PC.....
  23. Vmanisme

Alienware M17x? =D
  24. eklipze

eklipze Member

Hey guys

Just flashed this rom. Working great.

A few improvements:

You can benefit from smoother scrolling by using the windowsmgr fix and also enable jit with no ill effects

Using ADB pull your build.prop:

abd pull /system/build.prop

add this line to the end of the file:
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60

This will enable smoother scrolling.

Next, find the following line to enable jit:
    #dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
    and uncomment it by removing the # before it

Save the file and push back to /system/build.prop

reboot and your phone should be a little more responsive

I was having some permission denied errors when pushing the build.prop back via adb, so here's what i did:
    (this part is optional, if your phone pushes the build.prop fine, then don't worry about this)

adb shell
    $ su
    # mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/stl5 /system
    # cd sdcard
    # busybox cp -R build.prop /system
    # mount -t rfs -o remount,ro /dev/stl5 /system
    # sync
    # reboot

Enjoy :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.