[ROM] Velocity V0.1 | LG Ally | Android 2.1 | ERE27 | Stable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

You need to go into Terminal and type "SU" first.
  2. CTroxtell

CTroxtell Active Member

I downloaded a terminal emulator and typed 'su' i got a # went back to rom manager to run the fix permissions command and still got the error...any ideas what i am doing wrong...
  3. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

The battery goes down in intervals eg. 100 80 60 50 40.... and so on it as of yet doesn't display in real time
    Trident likes this.
  4. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

I think there may be an issue with ROM Manager. We're looking into it.
  5. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Awesome ROM, but may we get a black notification bar, there's a post with a theme that has it maybe you guys can pull it from that theme, just a suggestion, but great work! +1

Also is there any change at all that this or any future updates to the ROM can fix the 50% bug, some LG Ally's dont have it maybe you guys can pull the image from a working one?

BUG REPORT:::
    WHERE IS NO WALLPAPERS AVAILABLE, THEY'LL ALL "BLANK" LIKE THE PICTURE DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE AND WHEN I TRY TO APPLY IT I GET FORCE CLOSE
  6. Trident

We're presently testing Velocity 0.1.1 which will fix the Market and Live Wallpaper issues.
    Stay tuned..
    GRZLA likes this.
  7. Vmanisme

The market works fine(for me), and it wasn't live wallpapers it was normal ones.

ALSO:
    I noticed than when you open the phone the arrow that opens the menu doesn't change which way its facing.
  8. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

New bug: downloaded apps not showing up in launcher.
  9. Trident

Reboot and check again.
  10. skater95

skater95 Well-Known Member

Trident, I really want your rom, but my phone isn't rooted and I want it to be so I can get this rom. Could you possibly give a give me a guide or tell me how to?
  11. Vmanisme

Use to AllyRR tool to flash it
  12. skater95

Is that from the market or download on my computer?
  13. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

Google universal androot. Its insanely simple and takes less than 30 seconds to root with a single click of a buttton. After that download rom manager from the market and tridents rom is listed.

Edit: restart fixed downloaded apps in app launcher.

Edit2: just noticed that when on my home screen holding my phone landscape doesn't change the orientation. Only opening the keyboard makes it go landscape.
  14. skater95

And that's it!? Also are these from the market or just rom manager?
  15. zacwhite15

zacwhite15 Well-Known Member

Ya I had the same issue on my rom. If you resigneed the apk files then it no longer matches up with what is in the android market. So it won't install. It is an easy fix :).
  16. Vmanisme

Rom manager is on the market. Allyrr tool is on the forum in root section
  17. Vmanisme

What i meant with the buttom not changing where its pointing is when u open the phone it changes to up instead of pointing to the left like the drawer would open.
  18. Trident

Nothing I can do about that.. :(
    I'm not editing any raw code, just changing some .png's.

Well, I just compiled a beta version of Velocity 0.1.1 that completely repairs busybox and superuser permissions. The market issue has also been fixed. All that's left to do now is to fix the wallpaper issue..

Look for a release of Velocity 0.1.1 sometime tomorrow.
  19. skater95

Ok Vman, I am beyond confused.. is there a like very simple way I can get this rom? I can't do nothing on the computer to my phone til later this week, that's when I'm getting the usb cable for my phone
  20. Vmanisme

Can u say anything on possibly compiling a totally new 2.1 build with no 50% bug? Or pretty much anyway to fix it is good
  21. Vmanisme

Oh

Oh i guess ur only way out is to download with rom manager so its on ur sd card and then try gtin into recovery and flash it. Or wait for usb cable would prob be easier
  22. cdsmith

cdsmith Well-Known Member

I don't understand how you can have an ally with no USB cable. Don't you need one to charge it?
  23. skater95

Vman do you know anything about universal androot?
  24. esmith4211

esmith4211 Active Member

when the rom finished downloading it just showed an error. any ideas?
  25. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

If you are having this much trouble then I'm not so sure if you should be installing roms.

http://bit.ly/aa4jxJ that is a link to the universal androot apk. It way easier than allyrr.
    HIYinOR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.