[ROM] Velocity V1.0 | LG Ally | Android 2.2.1 Froyo | Super Fast | Stable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. socobandit

socobandit Well-Known Member

Trident, Savoxis, Getitnowmarketing....THANK YOU! I can overclock to 768 now instead of 748, quadrant at 600 930's, at 768 987! 9.29 mflops at 768! Trident, how did you get to 1000 at 600??? Anyway, you guys ROCK!!!!

2. wrath_00

wrath_00 Well-Known Member

if this is a double post im sorry. but is the tethering truly free on the velocity 1.0 rom? dont wanna try and get charged just need some info. thanx. keep up the awsome job.
  3. socobandit

socobandit Well-Known Member

One quick question...what kind of battery life should I expect? I've only had it installed since about 1 this afternoon, just curious how the life seems to you 3 that developed it. I'm assuming you've been using it for a little while at least, so you'd have the info. Thanks again guys! This rom is awesome!
  4. swc2001

swc2001 Well-Known Member

Wonderful as Usual!!! Just when you think it cant get any better.... It does. :)
  5. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure its not gonna charge you. Don't think they would lie about that or be mistaken. I was using on on velocity 3 and 4 and never saw extra charges.

Also my google maps keeps force closing, can't used it. Wiped dalvik cache and cache with no improvement. But everything else is on point. Any help??
  6. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

All of my testers received the same scores as me as well. I can also top 1400 at 600Mhz.

Totally and completely free..
    Honestly not sure as the Ally is not my primary device.

Uninstall it and reinstall it from the Market.
    ndrew2505 and KingOfGreen like this.
  7. motorsport226

motorsport226 Well-Known Member

Interesting, I'm only getting 1100 @ 787...any ideas?
  8. KingOfGreen

Thank you! Straightened it out, my bad bein lazy. Always so quick to help everyone out.
  9. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member Developer

I love Velocity so much<3
    Wireless/Wired Tether included in the rom was definitely a plus! Thanks!
  10. KingOfGreen

Trident, your thing says youre getting the thunderbolt, you gonna be doing the same work for that?
  11. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

Script Update v13
    • Included check to see if you have a connection to the OTA server, if not the script will still run, but all online features will be disabled
    • Added script to resolve IP for update server (since its dynamic and we have to use IP for OTA scripts)
    • Added boot animations

To download just make sure you are online (3g or WiFi) open the script by invoking velocity in a rooted terminal, and select options 4 and 1, the script will update itself

Please not the boot animations and fonts I included I didnt do much QA on, they all work but some might be sized wrong, I am very much open to suggestions for anything invloving the script, especially cosmetic features
    ndrew2505 likes this.
  12. tron101

tron101 Member

this thing is smoking!!!!thx agian to all u guys who were apart of this including those in #ally
  13. Trident, Getitnowmarketing, Savoxis....

I mean.... wow. Guys, this is amazing. I don't have words that can really express how awesome this rom is. I ran stock, unrooted froyo for a few days after it came out, and after living through that, I can honestly say my phone would be nothing but a piece of junk if it weren't for you all. This rom turned my ally into pure, unadulterated, awesome.

And everything I've seen is working perfectly. You guys rock. As soon as I get my paypal account reactivated, will be donating.

Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks!!!
  14. artcloud

artcloud Well-Known Member

Thanks again guys, I felt a donation was absolutely necessary, so I did.

Also, I found a bug, not sure if anybody else has noticed this. When moving apps2sd with the android built-in app manager, it seems as though about 90% of the time you try to move an app the the SD card it will fail. When you try a second time, it works fine, very strange. The other 10% of the time, it works flawlessly the first time you try to move apps to the SD card.
  15. getitnowmarketing

getitnowmarketing Well-Known Member Developer

Your welcome. It took me quite some time to make and test those.
    ndrew2505 likes this.
  16. 220com2

220com2 Member

Great work guys.... but i am having one problem..my market keeps force closing? any suggestions?
  17. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

Please post anything you have done leading up to this problem.

If it has been occuring since you flashed please try wiping and reflashing
    220com2 likes this.
  18. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member Developer

I almost forgot! Thanks for the first OC kernel for 2.2.1 as well! Definitely happy about that!
  19. voyager84

voyager84 Member

I've been a huge fan of the Velocity series roms since getting my Ally and this one definitely doesn't disappoint. Everything is super-smooth and the scripts make it easy to make changes. I've been running at 748 since flashing and, according to the scores from Quadrant, passed the Galaxy S phones. I am loving this so far.
  20. 220com2

220com2 Member

re-wiped and reflased and is working great now thanks!!!
  21. d3310n

d3310n Well-Known Member

nothing short of orgasmic. super kudos to all that worked on this this is the ultimate rom! by far the best i have ever seen. period i didnt even think the ally was capable of speeds like this! wow. just wow. this made my day.
  22. d3310n

d3310n Well-Known Member

just a lil disapointed that i still cant oc past 748 :( how did you guys do with ocing more than you used to?
  23. Madd Dogg

Madd Dogg Active Member

Can not wait till I can flash this to my phone. Totaly stocked about this. This is why I was waiting to up date to 2.2.1. Thanks you guys

Trident GNM and Savoxis <---- Rocks.
  24. mattrb

mattrb Well-Known Member

Darktremors app2sd script works very fast on Velocity 1.0. Just as fast as a fresh Velocity 1.0 install. Instead of 30mb left you will now have 300mb left.

Link: http://tinyurl.com/dt2753beta04

Flash ZIP then,

Now go to adb and type su
    then /system/bin/a2sd install

Partition your SD card correctly and always NANDROID.

Beware, if you dont want your $12 Class6 SD card (Newegg) to die in 2 years. Stay away. Other then that it will work flawlessly and you will not have problems.
  25. wrath_00

wrath_00 Well-Known Member

just wasnt sure new to this so i figured id double check just to be safe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.