• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Velocity V1.2 | LG Ally | Android 2.2.2 Froyo | Sexy | Sleek | Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am... Incredibly confused. I followed every step from scratch, rooting, to installing the recovery, to performing the backup, wiping all data, to finding the 1.2.1 in the zip and installing it and... Nothing. Looks like the stock rom to me, although it still has superuser for some reason. Has this happened to anybody before? I even got the "Thanks for choosing Velocity" message and everything before I rebooted.

Edit: Never mind. In my bleary-eyed excitement to try this out, it looks like I was installing the patch over the original ROM. I am expecting it to work now.

Upvote 0
I just put out a call to anyone that still has a copy I can perma-link, and thankfully Zoandroid had a copy.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35284720/postfiles/Velocity ROM 1.2.1 for LG ALLY.zip

That's in a folder I don't move files out of, so if I ever need more space I'm probably going to buy a Dropbox plan (but right now I'm still using the free offering). It's limited by bandwidth but allows 20GB per day (per LINK) and I don't believe I'm coming anywhere close to that. Feel free to use it, spread it, abuse it, and use it for the original post if you like :)

It's bad to abandon a useful project and leave everyone out in the cold, but hey, there ARE those of us around that will pick up the broken pieces. Make a post, but never give up hope that it can be found :D

TY for the rehosting i hope i can get this installed since i funkered up my ally

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones