• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Velocity V1.2 | LG Ally | Android 2.2.2 Froyo | Sexy | Sleek | Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... Third time is the charm!

1.2.1 Patch: Fixes Calendar and Gmail (Flash in Recovery)
Md5Sum: 6DAC7EF08A07D0652D44B61B70DC0CF1
Mirror 1: http://goo.gl/kyxnp

This one actually fixes calendar! Flash in recovery, I updated the OP, I will update the rom with the changes in a few weeks when I have internet back, Tether uploading is making me old

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
you could go to the UOT kitchen and upload the framework.res that savoxis posted in this thread without making any additional changes, and that will give you a flashable zip that takes the theme back to original 1.2

I got some freak occurance where the unlock pulls were stock and everything else were themed in a UOT theme. However, after trying again, I got it working

Upvote 0
I tried doing that, but it seems this rom works differently. After flashing framework-res.apk, i was restored with stock unlock tabs. it's really weird. I think the tabs are stored somewhere else, similar to how motoblur roms work.

yikes, so when you upload the v1.2 framework and make any or no changes, it changes the unlocking sliders??? i love those sliders, i wish i could use them for WidgetLocker. I wanted to change the battery indicator to tell me the charge level while charging instead of showing a bolt. Also to change more smoothly while charging.

Upvote 0
I have some duplicate apps I need to sort out. Can someone please tell me which of these came with Velocity 1.2 and which did not? I am going by the sizes of the files as reported in the Settings/Applications/Manage Applications screen:

Camera 440 KB / Camera 244KB

Car Home 612KB / Car Home 4KB

Droid Eye 36KB / Droid Eye 28KB

Also, does anyone have a backup app they would recommend which can:

>Back up the actual APK files and app data to the SD card, keeping track of whether each app was installed in internal memory OR on the SD card.

>Restore the apps back to internal memory and to the SD card just they way they had been installed.

>NOT require confirmation as each app is being restored from the backup.

So far neither Titanium Backup Root nor MyBackup Root can accomplish all these goals. I have tried each one over the past 24 hours, having backups made by each of them, and restored the backups after freshly flashing Velocity 1.2. In both cases I had to MANUALLY move my apps back to the SD card.

(Edit - I have since learned that a one click restore of apps is a feature in the registered PRO version of Titanium Backup. That alone makes the upgrade price worthwhile to me, so I have upgraded to the PRO version. Hopefully that will make things much easier next time I restore my app backups).

Upvote 0
I don't think you understand the situation. It appears the duplicate apps may be coming from my app backup, which I am restoring after flashing Velocity. Apparently I had copies of those apps backed up, but Velocity 1.2 has opted to include copies of them too. So if I flash it again (for the third time) it won't make the duplicate apps go away, because they would just get restored again when I restore my app backup file.

I suppose if I inspected the app list BEFORE I restored my apps, then I could get the answer that way. But I was hoping someone wouldn't mind helping me out and look at their app list and let me know which ones they don't see. That way I won't have to re-flash and move all those apps yet a THIRD time. :)

I have not used an EXT partition on the SD card since upgrading to Froyo made it unnecessary.

Upvote 0
Oohh
Ive personally dont use backups, slows down the ssdcard and system after restore in my eyes

Whatever floats your boat, of course. :) But for my part, they haved saved me from countless wasted hours rebuilding PDAs and phones after the "inevitable catastrophes" (Windows Mobile's alternate name) of such devices seem to derail them at the moment I need them most. It's a small price (in my time) to pay for knowing I won't have to spend 2-3 hours bringing things back from the grave. I use my Ally as much as or more than my computers. It's a wonder the qwerty slider hasn't fallen off. :D (I once had a Palm PDA that got so loose it wouldn't stay slid open).

What would really be cool would be an Android version of an app like Drive Image used to be for computers. I could reformat a C drive and then be back up and running with all my many apps in place in 12 minutes in those days. Sigh. Sadly no longer.

Upvote 0
Somehow my finger slipped while navigating on a web page and I ended up back on the ADW center home screen. The little tool bar to the right has lost its icon for the App Drawer. There is just a blank star there now. I don't know any other way to open the app drawer. How can I get this back, short of the Nandroid I made last night? Aha! I made a backup of ADW's settings last night! :) But I'd still like to know if there are other ways to open the App Drawer.

Upvote 0
Somehow my finger slipped while navigating on a web page and I ended up back on the ADW center home screen. The little tool bar to the right has lost its icon for the App Drawer. There is just a blank star there now. I don't know any other way to open the app drawer. How can I get this back, short of the Nandroid I made last night? Aha! I made a backup of ADW's settings last night! :) But I'd still like to know if there are other ways to open the App Drawer.

Ok this what you do:
1.) Hold down on home screen on a blank spot until option window appears
2.) Select "Launcher Actions"
3.) Select "Open/Close App Drawer"
4.) Drag to Dock and you're done :)

Reactions: Zoandroid
Upvote 0
Ok this what you do:
1.) Hold down on home screen on a blank spot until option window appears
2.) Select "Launcher Actions"
3.) Select "Open/Close App Drawer"
4.) Drag to Dock and you're done :)

Hey, thanks! That works very well! I hadn't realized the little block icon for the app drawer was in with the Launcher Actions.

I could swear that my ADW dock bar had 5 elements in it before I flashed V1.2. But I haven't found in ADW how to change it from showing 3 now. I am certain I had an icon for Latitude at the upper end of it back then. Aha! I found it in a Google search. It's in ADW's UI settings. :)

Reactions: Zero5295
Upvote 0
Hi, first off, I love the new ROM, kudos to the developers. I just installed it like an hour ago, I love it so far. I only have one problem: the Gmail and Google Docs are not updating. When I click the update link in the Android Market, it says "Application is not signed correctly". What does this mean? Is it a fault of Google or the Dev Team (I'm not being mean here, I just don't know what's going on here.) If someone could please help me, that'd be really great.
Thanks in Advance,
Michael

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones