• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Velocity V1.2 | LG Ally | Android 2.2.2 Froyo | Sexy | Sleek | Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloading both files from links on the download post result in the following errors when I attempt to unzip:

C:\temp\Velocity-1.2.1.zip: CRC failed in system\lib\libril-qc-1.so. The file is corrupt
C:\temp\Velocity-1.2.1.zip: CRC failed in system\lib\libskia.so. The file is corrupt

When I attempt to install from my flash drive in recovery mode, I receive a checksum error. Can anyone confirm the Velocity-1.2.1.zip files hosted are error free?

Upvote 0
Downloading both files from links on the download post result in the following errors when I attempt to unzip:

C:\temp\Velocity-1.2.1.zip: CRC failed in system\lib\libril-qc-1.so. The file is corrupt
C:\temp\Velocity-1.2.1.zip: CRC failed in system\lib\libskia.so. The file is corrupt

When I attempt to install from my flash drive in recovery mode, I receive a checksum error. Can anyone confirm the Velocity-1.2.1.zip files hosted are error free?

Yes Files are Good :) copy to your sd card. boot in to recovery , wipe cache , dalvikcache and user data. install from zip and you are good to go with an awesome rom. make sure to perfom a nandroid back up before wipe and flash the mod.

Upvote 0
Umm. I was flashing a theme, when i decided to go back, and now it only says "/sdcard/velocity/morphs/manifest.txt: No such file or directory" what should i do?

If by "go back" you mean to the default theme, there currently is no way to do it (per Savoxis when I asked how). You have to either use a Nandroid to go back (if you made one after flashing 1.2) or else re-flash the ROM.

Upvote 0
Can Someone Please Help Me Im New To Flashing ..iHave The Lg Ally Of Course 2.2.2 Rooted No Rom How Do iInstall This It Says It Has Base 2.2.2 But iNeed 2.2.1 To Install iDont Get It Can Someone Please Just Tell Me Wat iNeed ..iKno Ima Noob :)

You took the first step by rooting the phone.
Step 2: Download and Install Rom Manager from the Market
Step 3: Open Rom Manager and tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
Step 4: When flashed successful pops up tap ok and then tap Boot In To Recovery. it will ask you to confirm tap yes. (the device will reboot in to the Recovery mode. if you get a blue screen, remove the battery and boot up , repeat steps 2-4)plug in the wall charger before booting to recovery.
Step 5: Once booted in to recovery. scroll to backup/restore and press ok. on the next menu select back up and press ok. Your device willl now make a Nandroid Bck up of you current rom.
Step 6: Reboot the system.
Step 7: Open the app drawer and tap on settings , tap applications and make sure there is check next to Unknown Sources. Then Tap on Development. put a check next to Usb Debugging if not already checked.
Step 8. down load the two files in the first post of this thread. "latest version 1.2.1" and "1.2.1 Patch"
Step 9: Connect your divice to the pc via usb. copy the two files on to your sd card in the root directory. dont put them inside of any foolders on the sd card. Once copied , dissconnect form the pc and plug your wall charger back in.
Step 10: Open Rom Manager and tap the Boot in to recovery.
Step 11: Once in Recovery. Scroll to wipe cache and press ok. Next menue scroll to Wipe Cache and press ok , the Cache will now be wiped.
Step 12: Scroll to Data/Factory reset , press ok, Next menu, scroll to wipe user data, press ok, user data is now wiped.
Step 13:Scroll to Advanced.press Ok, Next mene scroll to DalvakCache, press OK, next menu, Scroll to wipe DalvekCache. press ok, DalvakCashe is now wiped.
Step 14: Scroll to "Install zip from sdcard", press ok, next menu. scroll to choose zip from sdcard.press ok. the contents of your sdcard will now display.
Ste15: Scroll to the 'Velocity 1.2.1 zip" press ok, next menu, scroll to the "Velocity 1.2.1.zip" , press ok , the Rom will now flash. sit back and watch the shoe.
Step 16: Repeat Step 14. this time scroll to the Velocity 1.2.1 Patch.zip. press ok, next menu. scroll to the Velocity 1.2.1 Patch.zip. press ok, the Patch will not flash sit back and enjoy the show.
Step 17: Reboot the system and enjoy. it may take a little time the first time the rom boots up this is normal just wait for it.

Last suggestion i would make is to boot back in to recovery and make a Nandroid Back of the newly installed rom before you make any changes to it.

Hope this helps! if you have any questions feel free to pm me .

Upvote 0
You took the first step by rooting the phone.
Step 2: Download and Install Rom Manager from the Market
Step 3: Open Rom Manager and tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
Step 4: When flashed successful pops up tap ok and then tap Boot In To Recovery. it will ask you to confirm tap yes. (the device will reboot in to the Recovery mode. if you get a blue screen, remove the battery and boot up , repeat steps 2-4)plug in the wall charger before booting to recovery.
Step 5: Once booted in to recovery. scroll to backup/restore and press ok. on the next menu select back up and press ok. Your device willl now make a Nandroid Bck up of you current rom.
Step 6: Reboot the system.
Step 7: Open the app drawer and tap on settings , tap applications and make sure there is check next to Unknown Sources. Then Tap on Development. put a check next to Usb Debugging if not already checked.
Step 8. down load the two files in the first post of this thread. "latest version 1.2.1" and "1.2.1 Patch"
Step 9: Connect your divice to the pc via usb. copy the two files on to your sd card in the root directory. dont put them inside of any foolders on the sd card. Once copied , dissconnect form the pc and plug your wall charger back in.
Step 10: Open Rom Manager and tap the Boot in to recovery.
Step 11: Once in Recovery. Scroll to wipe cache and press ok. Next menue scroll to Wipe Cache and press ok , the Cache will now be wiped.
Step 12: Scroll to Data/Factory reset , press ok, Next menu, scroll to wipe user data, press ok, user data is now wiped.
Step 13:Scroll to Advanced.press Ok, Next mene scroll to DalvakCache, press OK, next menu, Scroll to wipe DalvekCache. press ok, DalvakCashe is now wiped.
Step 14: Scroll to "Install zip from sdcard", press ok, next menu. scroll to choose zip from sdcard.press ok. the contents of your sdcard will now display.
Ste15: Scroll to the 'Velocity 1.2.1 zip" press ok, next menu, scroll to the "Velocity 1.2.1.zip" , press ok , the Rom will now flash. sit back and watch the shoe.
Step 16: Repeat Step 14. this time scroll to the Velocity 1.2.1 Patch.zip. press ok, next menu. scroll to the Velocity 1.2.1 Patch.zip. press ok, the Patch will not flash sit back and enjoy the show.
Step 17: Reboot the system and enjoy. it may take a little time the first time the rom boots up this is normal just wait for it.

Last suggestion i would make is to boot back in to recovery and make a Nandroid Back of the newly installed rom before you make any changes to it.

Hope this helps! if you have any questions feel free to pm me .

Thanks For Taking The Time To Help Me Out Most People Wont Write Everything You Just Did ..& Im Doing My Backup Now Just Waiting..Again Thanks

Upvote 0
@Ramious

Having run the gamut from newbie to more experienced user on different forums, l have experienced the full range of member assistance from being very helpful all the way down to being outright rude to a newbie asking a question like that.

Your detailed answer is a shining example of just how helpful forums can be, and in my opinion their most useful reason for being. If we had some sort of meritorious service award for members, I would nominate you. :)

Upvote 0
@Ramious

Having run the gamut from newbie to more experienced user on different forums, l have experienced the full range of member assistance from being very helpful all the way down to being outright rude to a newbie asking a question like that.

Your detailed answer is a shining example of just how helpful forums can be, and in my opinion their most useful reason for being. If we had some sort of meritorious service award for members, I would nominate you. :)

Thank you for that. No biggie really ,we have all been noobs at one point :) My job is tech support for Dirctv so i do things like this on a daily bases. just happy to be able to contribute to this awesome Rom in some small way. :)

Upvote 0
It seems you're the second one to report these symptoms. Did you overclock at some point in the past? I ask because I recently had to throttle back 1 step from 748 after installing V1.2.1. I had, in the past, been able to run stable at 768. Overclocking 'can' damage a cpu over time, and I am wondering if that is a possibility on at least my Ally and maybe others as well. But I use mine a lot and have not had a heat issue.

I use an extended battery, though, since day one. That might matter.

I did have it overclocked in the past. Once I moved to the new version I stopped the overclocking. Im wondering if I dont have a bad battery, its the original from when I got the phone (almost a year and a half ago!). Probably time for a new battery since the phone seems to overheat and die pretty quickly. Tonight it went from a 60% charge to dead in 2 hours of "standby" sitting on my desk not being used. Thats not supposed to be happening...

Upvote 0
First off I love the new rom. This phone has survived way beyond its time thanks to you guys.

Wondering if anyone has noticed a heat issue? This started today and it has me stumped. Basically the phone feels way hotter than it should. As if I am leaving the screen on and brightness up all the way for long periods of time, but this is happening even when the screen is off. I'm worried the cpu is pegged out or there is something wrong. I'm not teathering and the phone is not overclocked. I also notice that the battery is not charging as quick as it used to and is draining rapidly...

I ended up doing a clean install and wiped everything and the issue seems to have subsided. I think it may have been an issue with one of the apps I installed running constantly...

Upvote 0
I ended up doing a clean install and wiped everything and the issue seems to have subsided. I think it may have been an issue with one of the apps I installed running constantly...

Depending upon what the app does, that can happen. Back when I was into Angry Birds if I played for half an hour my Ally would get pretty warm.

As for battery life, some rechargeables, such as notebook batteries, are often known to require replacement after 2 years. If you use your Ally much like a mini-notebook, as I do, it wouldn't be unusual to need a new battery after 2 years. So far my extended battery has served me well. I got it with the phone in May 2010. But it does seem to discharge a little faster these days than it used to.

Reactions: eitucatsuj
Upvote 0
Well last night I took the plunge.
Up until now I've always run rooted stock ROM. Boy oh boy, why did I wait so long to flash Velocity?
I've actually been looking for a new (used Ebay) phone, but now this thing has new life!

For those on the fence about trying Velocity: I used the simple 17 step process posted by Ramious above. It flashed flawlessly.

I've always been a paid Titanium Backup user so it was no problem to back up all my apps w/data. Also I use Handcent SMS for text messages. Using the backups from Handcent and Titanium I was back up and running with all my old data, including bluetooth pairings, wifi settings, and old text messages in about half and hour.

Thank you Velocity team! Donation coming.

Upvote 0
There is a nifty free app on the market called GPS Status that I have been using along with all versions of Velocity. Beginning with version 1.1 it has proven to quickly lock in the Ally GPS for me whenever it was sluggish. Once locked in by that app I can close it and open whatever other app needing the GPS, and it locks in within a few seconds. You can also recalibrate the compass with it simply by rotating the Ally on 3 axes while it is running.

Upvote 0
There is a nifty free app on the market called GPS Status that I have been using along with all versions of Velocity. Beginning with version 1.1 it has proven to quickly lock in the Ally GPS for me whenever it was sluggish. Once locked in by that app I can close it and open whatever other app needing the GPS, and it locks in within a few seconds. You can also recalibrate the compass with it simply by rotating the Ally on 3 axes while it is running.

Yep GPS status rocks it locks in seconds every time :D

Upvote 0
Wiped dalvik cache and flashed 1.2.1 patch, cal issues fixed. I am now a happy camper.

However Email, Docs, and Youtube still not updating in the market. It actually shows them as not installed, but when I click on their respective links in the market it shows "update" on their respective page. Not a big deal, I can live w/o updating these apps. They work just fine as-is. It just seems odd that they won't update.

I had that happen with an app or two and I'm on Velocity 1.1. I think it's a Market issue, not the ROM, or if it's the ROM then it's obviously running across versions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones