• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {ROM} Verbous Saturated VERSION 2 :) NOW NTELOS FRIENDLY!!!!

format system, data, and cache....along with sd-ext.. its in advanced tab in recovery...you will get everything...

this is what i do..
factory reset
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
wipe battery
format system
format data
format cache
format sd-ext
overkill but safe and clean...like the old lady from poltergeist...this phone is clean!!

Upvote 0
format system, data, and cache....along with sd-ext.. its in advanced tab in recovery...you will get everything...

this is what i do..
factory reset
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
wipe battery
format system
format data
format cache
format sd-ext
overkill but safe and clean...like the old lady from poltergeist...this phone is clean!!

So does everything work on this rom?

Upvote 0
So does everything work on this rom?

from what i can gather....and i have been playing with it all day....yes! the only problem i had was the google search bar...but there are two of them ..so i deleted one and added the other one with my widgets.

so yes...it all works unless otherwise found by myself or someone else.
all of my testers had version 2 to test...this is version 7 ...which of course is the release version 1 to you. :) i am actually quite happy with how smooth it runs. personally i flashed the tweaks zip on top of my version for extra creamy smoothness....i am happy to post it if you like

Upvote 0
lol I wouldn't go so far as to say new operating system. It's still the stock OS, just themed and replaced apps.

dont be a hater....were not all kick ass coders like you...i have only been at this for a year...and no one but forums to teach me how to do anything and everything i have learned....i was the one asking the simple questions that seemed soooo difficult a year ago...

i wont forget the feeling i had when i bricked my optimus and spent allllllll night trying to get it back..

now i can brick it and fix it in a few minutes and it takes that long because the computer is slow to boot....so give a little credit to the little guy who is trying to be one of the big fish like you.....you were in my shoes once...

Reactions: adanmex
Upvote 0

this is what i do..
factory reset
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
wipe battery
format system
format data
format cache
format sd-ext

Yeah I always do all of that when I flash a new rom, and I cannot log in to Google. I can receive text messages but thats about it. I really like this particular layout but I can't use it if I can't even complete the installation.

Reactions: alittle
Upvote 0
I'm not hating, just setting the record straight. Stock kernel = stock OS.

I have alot of respect for you and all that you can do with coding..but theres a difference between setting the record straight and lol-ing at my attempts to become what you are already. I have asked for help on my roms and not gotten any ..so until i learn more (on my own) or someone steps up to say hey i would like to help you become better...i will just keep on keepin on and do what i do until the people say stop. much love requisite...but ouch...kinda hurt a little....buzz kill dude...buzz kill.

Reactions: bart2201
Upvote 0
I was just saying cause some people call the stuff they made in uot kitchen a ROM when its a theme . Then there's people like mystery emotionz (who is a gels great themer who really contributed to the admire community mystery's awesomeness = -(Obama's popularity among americans) )and you who make roms that are more stock based with a lot of tweaks to the build prop that are heavily themed still great just are still stock then there are people like req who coded from aosp and cm7 source I really didn't want to give a long explanation just wanted to know if I could flash this and not harm My current install of drew cm7

Upvote 0
I'm not hating, just setting the record straight. Stock kernel = stock OS.

Who Cares, He is proud of his work. Instead of trying to "set the record straight", give him props and tell him he did a good job. You don't like when people post stupid things in your thread, so why do it in his.

Everyone including you started as a noob, don't forget that.

Upvote 0
I agree on what everyone is saying, At the end of the day, Its one more Rom we didn't have. We all come to this forum to Learn, test and see what's new. From the guys just starting out, to the guys who know what they are doing, we are all here for the same reason at the end of the day. As for my self. I am not hating on anyone. I do not know how to do what you guys are doing, therefor I have no place to stand when what is what. I can only thank everyone for all the hard work that gets put into the roms.

Upvote 0
Flashing now... seems like i missed something earlier in the forum about someone not being a good dev????? lies lies all lies. aboatright is a good dev. maybe not as experienced as someone like requisite0, but still a dev. and much respect for teaching yourself aboatright! thats how i have had to learn everything also (although not as much lol) but props for this badass ROM. love the color theme (monster energy fan) and the smoothness is off the chain!!! thanks again aboatright for yet another home-run ROM.

and no disrepect to any devs. i meant what i said but i respect and appreciate all devs and the hard work you guys all put into making my phone the best it can be

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones