ROM versions

Last Updated:

1. jasvncnt1

jasvncnt1 Well-Known Member

I see a lot of info and vids on different ROMS. In regards to the HTC Aria, Is there a difference between CyanogenMOD, CM6, Liberated.....Sorry if its a silly question. Just keep seeing people saying they are running this one or that one. Not sure if they are all different.

Advertisement
  2. tpbklake

tpbklake Well-Known Member

CyanogenMOD = CM6/CM 6.1 This is a rooted Froyo 2.2 ROM based on AOSP by Cyanogen
    Liberated R Series is a rooted HTC Sense 2.1 ROM based on the Aria stock ROM
    Liberated F Series is a rooted HTC Sense 2.2 ROM based on the Gratia (European Aria) stock ROM
    jasvncnt1 likes this.
  3. jasvncnt1

jasvncnt1 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info!

Another thing if I may...Now if i was reading correctly you can have one ROM but a different Kernel?
  4. theandies

theandies Well-Known Member

One other question. I don't have a problem with the stock ROM just all the crAPPs At&T puts on there. Does the stock root ROM get rid of these? Thats really all I want to do at this time.
    Thanks
  5. tpbklake

tpbklake Well-Known Member

Rooting the AT&T stock ROM does not remove anything from the phone. However, in a rooted state there are procedures that can be used to remove the AT&T applications from recovery mode, but it is not for the faint of heart to attempt. There is a couple of custom ROMS that have already removed the AT&T bloat ware that you can flash.

Once you root your stock ROM, you can create a 'nandroid' backup that will give you a full backup of the ROM, your apps and settings that you can restore to if your flashing experiences are not to your liking.
  6. strose09

strose09 Well-Known Member

Welp... Looks like 2.3 aka gingerbread is out for the Aria. From what I'm seeing its still buggy so I'll wait for a few more nightlies to come out before I download it.