[ROM] Viper 4G 2.0.0 and beyond

1. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

It is finally here, Viper 4G 2.0.0!

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] 9/28 Team Venom presents: Viper4G 2.0.0 - The most innovative Sense Rom ever!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

OMG, I just peed my pants!

Ok downloading now.....

Thanks for posting up the new drop BigE!
    SamuraiBigEd likes this.
  3. SamuraiBigEd

No prob, glad to be of assistance!:D

Clean up on aisle 5 please...:p
    Granite1, argedion and ocnbrze like this.
  4. nullspace

nullspace Well-Known Member

Was all prepared to flash MeanRom 4.5 this weekend only to come home from dinner at a friend's and find that I get to play with Viper4G 2.0! Yay! :D So, I'm wondering if this has multitasking issues fixed? Did zepplinrox's mods get baked in and Steal's extra app panels get included?
  5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Zep's goodness is for sure.
    nullspace likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

damn it!!!!!!! i just scratched my itch with mean 4.5.

now i have another itch!!!!! i wish there was some kind of cream for this:D
    3vodroid likes this.
  7. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

If I get a chance today I will definitely be flashing this. Anyone have any response for whats the Good, Bad, and Ugly on this? (Looking for a user point not the dev point)
  8. EarlyMon

First thing I asked -

Obligatory dumb question - do you know if it's safe to bring in the old linkify by hand?

NaterTots, dustwun77 and Granite1 like this.
  9. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

Downloading now! Perfect timing since I'm going on vacation tomorrow!
  10. nullspace

Yeah, just read the part in the xda thread that said this is the first ROM to have the whole zepplinrox stuff in it!

Another question though. What camera does this have? Is the camera mod still advisable or does this have a better camera app in it than before?
    EarlyMon likes this.
  11. spdkilz02

spdkilz02 Well-Known Member

Just did the its update and it worked flawless. I absolutely love this feature.
  12. SamuraiBigEd

Well I was loving it but I was having this nagging little "acore has stopped" error. I thought, it works so I guess I can live with it but I just tried to make my first call since loading and I can't bring up my dialer at all, I get the same acore error. Come to think of it, I haven't had a single call since loading it.

Doing a full wipe and reloading now.

On Edit: Full wipe and load seems to have fixed the problem. First time I chanced just a Dalvik & Cache wipe.
  13. EarlyMon

Did you flash 2.0.1, because it did that to me.

Nandroid back to 1.0.0, flash 2.0.0 and then ota to 2.0.1 worked though, so that's my recommendation.

No full wipe required that way.
    Granite1 and ocnbrze like this.
  14. EarlyMon

DSP Manager seems to force close, have to check in to that.

It uses the stock camera.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  15. SamuraiBigEd

2.0.0, it is working now but I am noticing other issues. It won't automatically reconnect to wifi after a reboot, I have to turn wifi off then back on to reconnect and My Backup Root failed me on my email accounts, sms, mms and a few other things. Whether that is a problem with Viper or My Backup is unkown.
  16. EarlyMon

I have wifi connect on reboot with 2.0.1.
  17. nullspace

Saw your posts on xda...silly 10 post rule wouldn't let me ask how things turned out.

So flashing 2.0.1 doesn't go well? (after 2 bad downloads and finally getting a good dl of 2.0.1) Better to flash 2.0.0 then OTA update? Any other issues I should be wary of?

Are you still going to post whatever configuration you end up with? ;)
  18. EarlyMon

Flashing 2.0.0 and then doing the 2.0.1 update worked for me, viperboy said that I ought to have wiped data, instead.

I didn't know that we were all back in Apple's hell again and that we're stuck with fixed links everywhere and none in the Mail app with the new rom base. Steel is working on apps, but we'll see, sounds like a really big job.

I'm pulling the international One X apps to see if those might work. Probably a terrible idea.

Another choice is to remove Sense entirely on the install. Not sure what that will entail. I can't count the HTC apps I rely upon.

I'll gladly post my setup when I get there. :D
  19. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

So Far, So Good, So What!

Flashed this about 2 in the am and have gotten it setup my usual way. ssLauncher, chrome, and other apps that TB has restored for me. Camera seems to be working fine and so does everything else. I will have to give it a few days to see how it goes. I haven't had any fc's and thats a good thing. Wifi is on after a sleep and its just as fast as can be. I haven't used SetCPU as I like to wait a few days with a new ROM to see how its going to perform on its own. I'm on just V 2 and have not updated to V 2.1 I will probably update in a couple of days. If I get the time between moving, working, and my everyday life stuff then I will do a full review on this as I have done in the past with the OG.

For now the short is this:
    its stable and good. much better than stock but it has a lot of customization's which can make the n00b a bit uncomfortable. Chew in small bites not big ones :p keep up with others issues and see if you have them as well. REPORT all bugs and please NOT TO ME but to the DEVS. If you report to me I will not fix them :rolleyes:
    NaterTots likes this.
  20. Granite1

I've been so excited for this rom, I'm getting my flash environment set up now. Had some family obligations to attend to, couldn't flash yesterday. :)

Since this rom is so hugely popular, I'm going to cook up a little something. I'll play around and see if it'll work before I release it. ;)

Stay Tuned....
    NaterTots, SamuraiBigEd and EarlyMon like this.
  21. EarlyMon

I set minfree to the multitasking settings and as expected, I was able to just keep loading apps, until it locked up and I had to simulate a battery pull. Back on stock for now.
  22. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Well-Known Member

Finally a reason to use a ROM other than CM10. I love the aroma installer custom installation options, particularly the "remove all traces of sense" option.
  23. EarlyMon

What do you recommend for contacts and a dialer?

How about a car app?
  24. Granite1

I assume the multitasking didn't work as expected? Should some of those apps closed to free up memory for the newer opened apps?

I really haven't kept up with the discussion, so I'm a little behind the curve.

I just installed and setup. I'm going to nandroid and try out my little mod. Also I need a little feedback from Vin. I'll need his permission on a few things before I distribute. That's if it works, LOL.
    NaterTots likes this.
  25. EarlyMon

No, works as exactly as expected.

If you set up to load things faster than others can be cleared, things will lock up.

I'm just looking for the limits within various settings.
    NaterTots and Granite1 like this.