[ROM] Viper4G 1.0.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suprmallet

suprmallet Well-Known Member

We're talking about Viper4G, right? Is this not it? [ROM] 7/30 Team Venom presents: Viper4G 1.0.0 - The most innovative Sense Rom ever! - xda-developers

NOT MY WORK!

The skinny:
    And the tweaks:

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

That ota tweak is just amazing
  3. kbp08tls

kbp08tls Well-Known Member

4. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

I got mine! Thank you guys, I can't post there and tell you so I will here!
    NaterTots and EarlyMon like this.
  5. Rxpert83

I was gonna go get in the pool, but now I gotta flash this
  6. suprmallet

Flashed it. The installer alone is a thing of beauty. Letting Titanium load up all my missing apps, then I get to play around. My night just got a whole lot more interesting...
  7. suprmallet

I'm liking it so far, but the 3-finger gestures seem to be completely non-operational.
  8. Rxpert83

I haven't played with that yet. Cm brightness adjustments are giving me issues when I try bring down the notification bar

Other than that, this will be my daily.
  9. suprmallet

Oh, this will definitely be my daily. I was able to work around the lack of 3-finger gestures with some button remaps. I'm sure the bugs will get ironed out in future builds.
  10. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

methinks the new ROM deserves a new thread?

Moved out of the old Charmeleon thread for clarity.
    suprmallet, Rxpert83 and Granite1 like this.
  11. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I really have my flashing work cut out for me when I get back home!

I'm crawling out of my skin I want to flash this so bad.

Ninja posting whilst the wifey is non-present. :D
    EarlyMon and Rxpert83 like this.
  12. EngineofRuin

EngineofRuin Well-Known Member

Seems very nice, put it on my SD along with Mean2.4 which I already flashed. Look forward to seeing some real time results from folks here. Might have to switch over, the OTA updates are just so nice.
  13. kbp08tls

kbp08tls Well-Known Member

I think I've found a new daily! This is one of the most fully-featured, polished ROMs I have ever used.

However, it doesn't appear that there have been any memory-management tweaks to improve multitasking. Just my seat-of-the-pants first impression after a few hours with it, and I haven't made any tweaks myself yet.
  14. AM2

AM2 Well-Known Member

I upgraded my twrp prior to installing this,coming from charmeleon. I think something is wrong with my superuser now. TB is stuck on asking for root permissions and keeps flashing a TB has been granted permissions message. Also when I try to open the SU app it says "there is no SU binary installed and SuperSu cannot install it. This is a problem!". Can someone please advise. Thanks
  15. Rxpert83

Can you uninstall/reinstall from market?

Also, did you do a full wipe?
  16. AM2

AM2 Well-Known Member

Yes I've uninstalled tb and reinstalled. I don't see the same looking SU that I have in the market. Is it ok to just grab a different one from the market from the available choices?
    Yes I also did a full wipe
  17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Best to not experiment with superuser. Unbelievably, as the poster boy for Charmeleon and this rom, I just did my installation and am restoring stuff now.

As soon as that's finished, I'll look under the hood and give you an opinion, it's probably something minor but tricky.

Meanwhile, do a smart update with Busybox Installer - I recommend stericson's - you're going to be wanting/needing that in any case.

Did you opt for the custom install or the full rom?
  18. EarlyMon

I think that may be it. Update Busybox, then click on SuperSU, it should then give a message - needs updating - answer OK.

Then try TB.
  19. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Looks like mikey finally has some competition!

Backing up now to give this a trial run. It looks pretty amazing.

edit..

Word from the wise, be sure to update your twrp as stated in the op. I still had 2.1.8 on mine and usually ignore the warnings - as I did this time - and had a nasty experience. I backed up, wiped everything, then ran the installer and it crashed back to twrp. I ran it again and it started but crashed during the install back to twrp. It was acting like it installed something so I rebooted and of course that didn't work because there wasn't an OS. I downloaded the new twrp, booted into bootloader and flashed it. Once updated, everytime it restarted it went back to bootloader and tried to apply the update again, and I couldn't get to twrp with the zip on the sd card so I pulled the card (after taking off the otterbox defender lol) and deleted it and popped it back in, got into twrp and finally got the rom installed.

I figured I'd pass that along to save anyone else dumb enough not to follow the directions a headache. lol

That said, the rom seems pretty sweet. Hopefully he mods rosie to have at least a 4x5 grid or I'll have to bail on it soon. I don't know what htc was thinking with a 4x4 grid on a screen this big.
    ocnbrze, Granite1 and dustwun77 like this.
  20. EarlyMon

I have forgotten how much fun it is to enter all of my passwords for syncing and mail after a full wipe! :D

Only a few minor errors to feedback to the team so far.

Entry stopped working towards the end of the install for account setup in the Aroma Installer, no big deal.

Whenever changing notification bar and restarting, have to toggle wifi off / on to get accurate signal reading, that was a Charmeleon bug that came along for the ride.

Otherwise, fabulous! :)
    Granite1 likes this.
  21. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Well-Known Member

I kinda feel like I'm cheating on Mean ROM. I'm digging the heck out of thus ROM so far. I'm getting much better speeds. I think mine is haunted. On loading screens I get the ghost of the three dot menu button at the bottom of the screen. Hasn't caused any issues though, and kinda makes me giggle. Thanks Team Venom.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  22. Rxpert83

Same here when using tapatalk.
  23. EarlyMon

Blind or not seeing it.

Screen shot?

Also, Vin said that they are handling it differently somehow and posted a build.prop edit to make 3-dot handling as before.

24. EarlyMon

Ok, that solves artifacts I saw elsewhere.
  25. jackgibbs

jackgibbs Well-Known Member

what is this ota tweak of which you speak, good sirs?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.