• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Viper4G 4.0.0 and beyond

WiFi tether -

generic ICS/JB wlan0 profile
mss clamping
routing fix

I don't use it, but those are the preferred settings.
these are the settings that I had already implemented.

I have not yet been able to get wifi tether to work. I can connect my PC wirelessly, but my phone only shows download speeds in the range of 2.4kb/secto 30-ish kb/sec. It's not enough data to function for any purpose.

My regular 3G data speeds are a little over 1mb/sec when not tethered.

Any ideas guys?

Upvote 0
when selecting "Hot Reboot" my phone just gets to the boot animation and stays there, this also happens when I try to select a new font in the Viper Hub.. if I select "OK" for the reboot to set the font, it gets to the boot animation and just stays there.. never setting the new font.

any ideas?

oh yeah, and I have re-downloaded the zip and re-flashed to no avail.

Upvote 0
do they still update this? i haven't received one update yet. also is there a way to update the google wallet app to not say unsupported device. also does anyone else have paypal here on the 4g lte?

i'm sure that they are always looking to improve and update the rom. i have not seen anything lately. but that could be a good thing as i think the rom is coming along nicely and it might not need and changing. now when we get a new ota then i'm sure they will work that into it as well.

not sure on google wallet. i have not seen any info on it. and to be honest i have yet to use it.

i have a paypal account, but it is not thru this site. not really sure why you are asking it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones