[ROM] Virgin Mobile Revamp [05.15.2013]

1. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Image by: CornfedChris & g60madman​

README:
    Welcome to Virgin Mobile Revamp. This ROM is Froyo 2.2.2 ported by none other than the MadMan g60. My concepts behind this ROM are simple. Embrace Virgin Mobile, Motorola & Google and make it one ROM the way it should have been from the start.

I would like to tip my hat off and thank BSydz for all his hard work on U9000. His time and effort have allowed for Revamp to exist. The current Voice mail fix is by wsimon!

KNOWN ISSUES
    ∙ Voice mail needs hack

DOWNLOAD:
    Vmobi Rom Browser

INSTALL:
    Follow these simple instructions if you

Attached Files:

• 01.png
      01.png
      File size:
      246 KB
      Views:
    • 02.png
      02.png
      File size:
      57 KB
      Views:
    • 03.png
      03.png
      File size:
      38.8 KB
      Views:

Advertisement
    DKL7000, paytonpenn, Cyta and 13 others like this.
  2. g60madman

NEW FEATURES
    05/15/2013
    ∙ Odexed all apps to help speed up ROM
    ∙ moved ROM to g60madman.vmobi.us

01/28/2013
    ∙ Removed Twiter, Radio, Facebook, gmail, Notes, File Explorer, VoiceNotes
    ∙ All sounds taken from CM9 ditched all Froyo
    ∙ Added new boot sound
    ∙ Added new wallpaper
    ∙ Edit boot animation
    g01851 likes this.
  3. g60madman

NEW FEATURES
    01/28/2013
    ∙ Removed Twiter, Radio, Facebook, gmail, Notes, File Explorer, VoiceNotes
    ∙ All sounds taken from CM9 ditched all Froyo
    ∙ Added new boot sound
    ∙ Added new wallpaper
    ∙ Edit boot animation

The ROM is quite fast and I have been using it for about 4 days. Chairshot is highly impressed by the HDMI quality. He said the following "Also not sure how you did it but the HDMI streaming quality on your Froyo Rom is so much better then any of the other Roms I have used. Sweet as all get out.". ROM is large in size as it replaces the hidden and hidden data with new stuff. Overall the ROM is closer to 90MB though. This will be the first release with more to come.
    mstech, g01851 and rebel69ization like this.
  4. RolaAddict

RolaAddict Well-Known Member

Nice work.
    g60madman likes this.
  5. chilz

chilz Well-Known Member

for the voicemail problem theres a seper easy fix create a shortcut for a direct call to your phone number
  6. rdoac

rdoac Well-Known Member

Is this essentially u9000 with some VM bits put in? Ie, activation?
  7. g60madman

Got a link?

Yeah, it's basically u9000 just removed a lot of the extra bloat I didn't want, replaced the boot sound, and all the sounds on the device along with the a quicker boot animation. I will be adding a theme in the next build but won't be getting to crazy. I may also take another crack at the power menu but the code is so much more different than our stock froyo, and other roms in terms of the smali. It's highly modified for sure. Since I still have a dev phone with 3G access that works on only Froyo ROM's I wanted to have a more customized, and clean ROM so this is it.
    arcticfix, rdoac and g01851 like this.
  8. MikeRL

MikeRL Well-Known Member

Holy shit another one? The madman doesn't know when to stop! :D
    g60madman and g01851 like this.
  9. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member

It might take a few cracks at it, but I bet you could build the menu with the source we have and replace the right .java

I found the menu in the code a couple of times, but wasn't looking for it, so I didn't touch it.
  10. g60madman

Yeah the edits for the frameworks-res.apk and also frameworks.jar was easy enough to edit the smali. The problem is the android.policy.jar was way modified and configured much differently than our froyo, and multiple roms I have looked at. May take another crack at it again.
  11. rebel69ization

rebel69ization Well-Known Member

All you have to do is put voice mail in your contacts with your number and set as default
  12. andr2d2

andr2d2 Well-Known Member

Good to see that you're still kicking around the Triumph forum. We are humbled by your presence. Seriously though you are sorely missed around here.:D:D

g60madman likes this.
  13. bob-st

bob-st Well-Known Member

G60, it's good to see you still making roms for us.

Thanks
    arcticfix and g60madman like this.
  14. Yakuman

Yakuman Member

Trivia: The logo modded in the OP is actually the one for the UK's Virgin Media. :)
  15. RolaAddict

RolaAddict Well-Known Member

diddo
  16. bray462

bray462 Well-Known Member

G60! Its good to see you still hanging around brother. One question/request. How hard would it be to make a flashable mod to make the status bar text ICS blue and battery display by percentage? That would make this rom perfect with Holo launcher.
  17. g60madman

Hard to say, didn't think much of making this into an ICS type ROM but who knows :D
  18. bray462

I flashed jjohn's u9000 ics theme and it changed the color in the status bar for everything except for the clock. Doesn't seem to have themed anything else.
  19. nyioo7

nyioo7 Well-Known Member

Hey g60, this ROM is great. Earphone bug in our stock VM ROM is gone and don't need to unplug and plug earphone when I receive or send calls with 3rd party apps to hear voice anymore. It's very stable and nice.

There's only one problem I found so far. There's no front facing camera option in Skype. Front facing camera works just fine on Camera app.

Edit: Also, if you can somehow make it compatible with text Message, Phone and Contact app modified in Froyocream Sandwich ROM, it'd be really nice since they were modified to have black background with white text and blue numbers. I've tried and didn't work on that part.
  20. exProphecy

exProphecy Well-Known Member

21. nyioo7

nyioo7 Well-Known Member

22. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

This is so cool!!
    I don't have this phone anymore but I just HAD to pop in here to say great work! This makes me kinda miss my old Triumph ;)
  23. xploPR

xploPR Well-Known Member

It won't break anything else if i flash that theme over?

im ready to flash this rom on my wife's phone, due to the many reboots on cm7 & 9.
  24. bray462

Nope. Didn't break anything. Partially themed the status bar. Partially themed Messaging (I think). Not much else. Everything still works.
    xploPR likes this.
  25. xploPR

xploPR Well-Known Member

Ok, cool and thanks.