• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Public Mobile] [ROM] Voltron OC Based on the Public Mobile B07. Now with network fix!!!!

Hmm, liking the rom so far, I like the swipedown screen

some of the basic google stuff isn't working like news&weather and calculator

application music keeps crashing

I ran the benchmark test:

TOTAL SCORE 7094
CPU 1365
RAM 633
GPU 4686
I/O 410
1401 MHZ [480*800]

Basic stuff like phone calls, gps, internet, text messages, bluetooth all work

ask me specific stuff to look for, I'm not that well versed when it comes to roms

Upvote 0
yes i removed news and weather and calculator... i will include a better calculator apk but news and weather app choice will be up to the user.. :) just use it and tell me if you run into a force close or a freeze up... mosly check for network related things as i can't test those anymore because my N860 isn't activated on the network... ;) also check to see if screenshot works....

Reactions: singh30
Upvote 0
I tried installing news and weather but that is auto crashing as well.

Now I want to revert the process, go back to the old voltron, I did my backup and I know it did.

However this seems like a newer recovery and it's not finding my old backup, what do I do?

I think the old one was clockworkmod and this is something different?

Upvote 0
yes backups between CWM and TWRP are not compatible. but TWRP is a better recovery as it includes a file manager and a terminal. and it's a touch recovery. and this one is a very necely themed one from dizzles cyanoid rom... but anywho... I appreciate your input... i will put the news and weather as well as a good calculator app back in the rom and will have another tester for you tonight... thanks for your help! :)

Upvote 0
or is there any update for Warp which can resolve the missed calls issue? thanks ...

Yes the issue is no more... use the app wake my Droid from Google play.. and set it to wake every 29s... problem solved! Doesn't affect the battery much either... You can also try the voltron tester I posted a few posts ago it has the app included...:)

The tester in question: http://db.tt/sd0eiu3Y

Reactions: singh30
Upvote 0
No it has its own firmware...and don't restore data from a previous version of voltron...this version is a complete overhaul...:)

The ROM works very well and smooth.. love it :) touch recovery is cool.. calls msgs 3g and apps all work good... I set the wake my android to 29 sec.. The cpu app is integrated so no need voltage control.. no problems so far. Thank u so much for awesome Rom.....one question... what is proxy for multimedia and dss in settings? Do I need to configure it?

Reactions: smartmanvartan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones