• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Public Mobile] [ROM] Voltron OC Based on the Public Mobile B07. Now with network fix!!!!

@Smartmanvartan.. can you check if the screenshot (press power button - tap screenshot) works on the tester ROM?

You are correct..it is faulty.. ill fix it and re upload... i also got my Hands on the new b09 update and i may redo the rom because it seems to have fixed the missed calls issue without using and third party app... ill let you guys know how it fares...:)

Reactions: singh30
Upvote 0
it really sounds like your gps gave out...

Not really,
I have exactly the same problem with GPS.
Every time I go back from Boost Mobile rom (recently HB9) to Voltron my
GPS doesn't work, the small icon in status bar doesn't come on and no sats
are visible. That really looks like hardware problem, what I do to get it back?
I install HB9 again boot and turn GPS on and leave it on, than install Voltron again, this works most of the time, if it doesn't get GPS back usually it gets
back by itself after few days using Voltron. I just frequently turn GPS on an off. Why this happens I have no clue. Happy New Year everyone.

Reactions: singh30
Upvote 0
Not really,
I have exactly the same problem with GPS.
Every time I go back from Boost Mobile rom (recently HB9) to Voltron my
GPS doesn't work, the small icon in status bar doesn't come on and no sats
are visible. That really looks like hardware problem, what I do to get it back?
I install HB9 again boot and turn GPS on and leave it on, than install Voltron again, this works most of the time, if it doesn't get GPS back usually it gets
back by itself after few days using Voltron. I just frequently turn GPS on an off. Why this happens I have no clue. Happy New Year everyone.

thanks for your suggestion AlteBaron, yesterday I flashed noob ROM with unification portal by Smartmanvartan. Tested GPS and used it today with Waze app it has no problems in navigation :) .. glad its fixed....

I never turned the GPS ON before installing Voltron. I am not expert but not sure why it use to show my location somewhere in QC, even "GPS Fix" app use to show my location somewhere in QC and cannot find any satellites. Waze app also use to show that "No GPS".

Happy new year :)

... Happy new year :)

Upvote 0
Well my GPS never fixed itself, even after a year of running Voltron it never found a single satellite and the round GPS icon never showed up.

Eventually the SD card reader also broke so I just got another N860 which has perfect GPS.

These days my biggest gripe with ZTE and PM is for not upgrading the N860 to ICS, because the newly re-released GTA San Andreas doesn't run on Gingerbread, it just quits to desktop on launch. :(

Upvote 0
Well my GPS never fixed itself, even after a year of running Voltron it never found a single satellite and the round GPS icon never showed up.

Eventually the SD card reader also broke so I just got another N860 which has perfect GPS.

These days my biggest gripe with ZTE and PM is for not upgrading the N860 to ICS, because the newly re-released GTA San Andreas doesn't run on Gingerbread, it just quits to desktop on launch. :(

N860 probably won't get ICS now because new phones are in market and developers are most likely focused on those. Also N860 lacks in RAM as well. My phone works well but still sometimes its very sluggish and I have to reboot and kill tasks. I hope PM will have more variety of branded phones because it merged with Telus but not sure when its going to happen and how it will affect the cost of monthly plans.

Upvote 0
N860 probably won't get ICS now because new phones are in market and developers are most likely focused on those. Also N860 lacks in RAM as well. My phone works well but still sometimes its very sluggish and I have to reboot and kill tasks. I hope PM will have more variety of branded phones because it merged with Telus but not sure when its going to happen and how it will affect the cost of monthly plans.

It won't ever see ICS, but its already seen Jelly Bean ;) its just a matter of time before a fully working port for pm is done

Upvote 0
Hi Smartmanvartan, I just re-installed AOKP and forgot to install the unification portal B10 firmware but the call/msgs etc still work. Do we have to install the firmware or something won't work later if we do not install unification portal firmware?

Well the firmware partitions are not wiped with a factory data reset unless you flash another firmware like the b08 but really it's just that being on the same firmware as they are ensures that we're all on the same platform... most of the testing was done on b10 so it's better to use the b10..the modified one I made uses the public mobile radio so it doesn't mess with our network...

Upvote 0
Tu peut attendre jusqu'en juillet. les cartes sim seront disponible en mai mais la periode de transition sera jusqu'en juillet...

Translation,

Didyman: Looks like there won't be anything new here since in two weeks this phone will be discontinued.

Smartmanvartan: You can still use it until july as the sim cards will be available in may but the transitional period will extend to july..

Explination: Telus mobility bought out Pubic Mobile and are dismantling our cdma/evdo network and forcing us to buy new phones so that we can be on the hspa network provided by telus. the new public mobile sim cards will be available in mid May however i encourage everyone to switch to another provider. Videotron mobile is offering a 80$ a month unlimited data plan for 80$... I will probably get this plan and forgo my home internet... the mobile internet speed from videotron is ~25 Mbp/s which is 10 times the speed you where used to on the public mobile evdo network and personally 4 times the speed of my home internet :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones