• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Windows Phone 7 ROM 4.2.3 {Updated 1/22/13}

Ok I restored the boot image...I got wifi back, and I'm still able to OC.
:thumb:
Good lookin out Bobo!

Ok scratch that...I can't OC. My OC app pulled a fast on on me...only 1GHz

Any fix for the wifi issue with the overclock kernel and this ROM? Tried everything that has been suggested and still no wifi with the overclock kernel.

RESOLVED. Installed Adobe Flash Player 11. Camera works now.
Also no matter what I do, camera force closes. Tried all suggestions, to include third party camera and it force closes also. Anyone have the camera files in nandroid zip? Thanks.

Reactions: crosschet
Upvote 0
boot into cwm and fix permissions, wipe cache and then wipe dalvik cache reboot test again. if its still not working download a 3rd party camera for now.

Strange but all of a sudden I go to use my camera's today and none of them will work. Not the stock, not the Camera ICS+ I bought, not even camcorder.
Went into TB, and restored cams, uninstalled/reinstalled them. No work. Went into cwm and fixed permissions, no work.
Went into cwm again and wiped cache, dalvik, fixed perm's again, still no. Went and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player 11, still no.
I'm out of ideas so any suggestions? It appears to me that the directories for the cams to engage have corrupted somehow because none of them work

Upvote 0
Strange but all of a sudden I go to use my camera's today and none of them will work. Not the stock, not the Camera ICS+ I bought, not even camcorder.
Went into TB, and restored cams, uninstalled/reinstalled them. No work. Went into cwm and fixed permissions, no work.
Went into cwm again and wiped cache, dalvik, fixed perm's again, still no. Went and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player 11, still no.
I'm out of ideas so any suggestions? It appears to me that the directories for the cams to engage have corrupted somehow because none of them work

Try re-installing it? Got a beta coming up soon but its very stable.

Upvote 0
Man I've tried EVERYTHING to get my cams to run. In cwm I've mounted/unmounted different combos of system and data (not sd-ext mount though, should I?). I've already reinstalled the rom. It's pissing me off something fierce because it makes no sense. I still have the email.apk, gallery.apk etc so it's not like I deleted something I shouldn't have. Please....any suggestions before I turn my warp into multiple pieces of a warp LOL?

Upvote 0
Attention:

The Windows Phone ROM has been updated to version 3.1.0p2 today Tuesday June 19th. The ROM has been completely re-built off bo8c and its the most stable version of the ROM ever. New Features has been added such as the Extended Power menu *Credits to my Partner Mr.Bobo* and the ROM has been Completely Re-themed and now has the settings app themed transparent notification background and much more juicy stuff. This Version of the ROM is a "MUST SEE" its now free of bugs themed to the fullest and more new features........... SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? DOWNLOAD IT TODAY :thrasher:

Upvote 0
Great rom. I've ran into a few problems so far though. I'm on the most current version (P2)

-The boost mobile logo is overlapping the windows phone 7 logo in the notification pulldown.

-Live wallpapers are not working. I know you probably removed the stock ones but the ones I've downloaded from the market aren't working either.

-stock camera keeps force closing. I'm going to download a third party app to see if that will work (edit they do)

Reactions: MrBobo
Upvote 0
Great rom. I've ran into a few problems so far though. I'm on the most current version (P2)

-The boost mobile logo is overlapping the windows phone 7 logo in the notification pulldown.

-Live wallpapers are not working. I know you probably removed the stock ones but the ones I've downloaded from the market aren't working either.

-stock camera keeps force closing. I'm going to download a third party app to see if that will work (edit they do)

Yeah i plan to fix the boost mobile and wp7 logo overlapping and live wallpapers were removed from the ROM "considered bloatware" and i'll look into the camera issue.

Reactions: prmax and MrBobo
Upvote 0
Yeah i plan to fix the boost mobile and wp7 logo overlapping and live wallpapers were removed from the ROM "considered bloatware" and i'll look into the camera issue.

camera fix: http://db.tt/QX0Tw74e

sorry, got carried away and removed a file that the camera needed (email.apk) :)

flash that zip in cwm to fix the camera or download another camera that you like from the app store.

Reactions: chevanlol360
Upvote 0
this rom looks awesome and i was so excited to use it, until...."the application launcher 7 has stopped unexpectedly. please try again" everytime i try to do something it force closes. ive already installed it twice on my phone but same result. any ideas?

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4453373

Here is a link to a fix for the W7 3.1 force close issue we were having before.

Reactions: chevanlol360
Upvote 0
this rom looks awesome and i was so excited to use it, until...."the application launcher 7 has stopped unexpectedly. please try again" everytime i try to do something it force closes. ive already installed it twice on my phone but same result. any ideas?

You could also delete it as a system app and redownload it from the market.

Reactions: prmax
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones