• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ALPHA][5.0.2] Cyanogenmod 12 3/28/2015 [DISCONTINUED]

phenomx4

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2012
North Las Vegas , Nevada
This is a Alpha release of CyanogenMod 12 for the Zte Awe so please don't expect this to be 100% stable. Before flashing this rom I recommend you make a backup just in case. Please report and bugs you encounter, preferably with a logcat.

About (Taken from Cyanogenmod website)

CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices (See above for supported devices & how to install CyanogenMod on said devices). Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.

What works:

• Audio/speaker phone
  • Headset/headphones
  • Calls
  • Touchscreen
  • Lights/brightness
  • External SD
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi
  • Proximity sensor
  • MTP
  • GPS
  • Tethering

What's partially working:

• Camera (Use 3rd party camera apps such as Camera MX for now.)
  • Texting (Use hangouts or some other 3rd party app)

What's not working:

• Offline charging

Issues:

Change Log (source)
Click

Change Log (device)
HTML:
4-3-2015
Rom:
Fix MMS
Added custom LMK values in overlay

Kernel:
Enable KSM
Enable Zram
Enable compaction

(More detailed log later)

3-28-2015
Initial release

Credits and thanks:

Cyanogenmod
Hroark13
Jimsmith80
ZTE

Patches:

HTML:
None

Gapps:

https://basketbuild.com/filedl/gapps?dl=gapps-lp-20150222-signed.zip

or

Minimal:
Download from this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/gapps-google-apps-minimal-edition-t2943330

Download:

https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=phenomx4&dl=phenomx4/N800/cm-12-20150328-UNOFFICIAL-nex.zip

Screenshots:
Comming Soon

While donating is not required to use this rom it's always appreciated
Donations:

Last edited:
It wouldn't let me. Just keeps saying if you are running android 5.0 you may have to reboot. I did that twice and still got the same message. Flashing the beta worked though.
That was my first suggestion, but I thought you had already done that. Glad you got it working.
Phenomx4, I would suggest adding a link to the beta so as not to have a bajillion threads/posts about it

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi phenom,

I know how much work goes into making a ROM, so I don't mean anything by this, but when could one expect this ROM to be for daily use.

P.S. great job on all your ROMs, your work is highly appreciated
He's currently waiting for some commits to be merged into the source that could fix radio

Upvote 0
Just a small update. The radio eventually connects after crashing repeatedly but then goes back searching for service.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-15-21-50-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-15-21-50-41.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones