• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

okay so i did all the steps and then my phone booted fine and i had 2.3.5 installed on my optimus v but now i dont have my coontacts and texts how to get them back??

Did you flash gapps and fallow all the steps gapps gives you and sign in with you're account and select sync backups? Make sure your connected the entire time it is showing the sync emblem.

Upvote 0
flashing stock everything because no one will help a crying boy
Were you coming from the stock ROM? If so you must do all these things:
1.wipe cache partition.
2.wipe dalvik cache(advanced section)
3.wipe data/factory reset.Now that your rooted YOU MUST NEVER USE THE FACTORY RESET IN THE PRIVACY MENU ON THE PHONE
4.format boot,system,data,and cache
5.go to install zip from sd card
6.go to select zip from sd card,chose the ROM zip first. It will go thru the install procedure. When done go back to step 6. and select the gapps zip.
When all this is done select reboot system now.

It will take 5-10min. for the initial reboot. You will be asked to sign in,skip this. Then go to your Market app and sing in from there.

Upvote 0
Were you coming from the stock ROM? If so you must do all these things:
1.wipe cache partition.
2.wipe dalvik cache(advanced section)
3.wipe data/factory reset.Now that your rooted YOU MUST NEVER USE THE FACTORY RESET IN THE PRIVACY MENU ON THE PHONE
4.format boot,system,data,and cache
5.go to install zip from sd card
6.go to select zip from sd card,chose the ROM zip first. It will go thru the install procedure. When done go back to step 6. and select the gapps zip.
When all this is done select reboot system now.

It will take 5-10min. for the initial reboot. You will be asked to sign in,skip this. Then go to your Market app and sing in from there.

I followed the directions EXACTILLY that were posted and it's bricked it wont take any other tons now... I'm going to take it to best buy seeing it's less then 30 days before purchase and get it replaced

Sorry for my actions last night

Upvote 0
Sekky,
As for the 3g, the only thing I could say is make sure you've rebooted a few times and try to get in an area that you know has 3g service. Someone smarter than me may have better ideas.
Yes, the backup will save your contacts and stuff. It preserves the phone in the state that it's in at that precise moment in time. If you have a google account, when you flash a new ROM and flash gapps, it will restore your contacts. (not the messages tho).

Reactions: Sekky
Upvote 0
Yogi,
Thanks for your help, the reason my contacts weren't backed up was because I didn't sync them for some reason or another. Now I just have to decide if its worth it to flash back to my stock nandroid backup, sync the contacts, backup the messages and flash BACKside again. Anything I should know with restoring a cwmod nandroid backup?

Upvote 0
ive got a quick question, concerning titanium backup (free)
when you create a "update.zip" does that work more or less like installing gapps.zip.
like is creating a "update.zip" file via titanium backup basically packing all of your apps into a .zip file, and then you can install from sd(or apply update.zip from sd), and it will unpack it and batch install all your apps?
im just wondering, cause if so, then wouldnt this be faster to do instead of backing up, and restoring all your apps everytime you flash a rom.

Upvote 0
I've finally got a chance to install Build #08312011 and can confirm that the headset mic now works. Thanks Jerry+Blarf.
Maybe when you start to run out of bugs to fix you could look into the Gallery. No matter what I've tried it still is a buggy as a hound dog in July, no matter what CPU speed I'm at.
Now that I'm finally employed again after 3 months, once I've caught up,I will be able to show my support for the devs of this ROM. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Upvote 0
I had the problem apps not installing, with errors like insufficient space and invalid package. I reverted back to the old market and it seemed to fix it for a while, but now I'm having problems again.

I read up on it, and it happens when ROMs put the dalvik-cache in the /cache directory. What is the reason for moving it?

/cache and /dalvik-cache show as 99% full (752/112768). My I never had this space problem with the stock ROM.

Upvote 0
ive got a quick question, concerning titanium backup (free)
when you create a "update.zip" does that work more or less like installing gapps.zip.
like is creating a "update.zip" file via titanium backup basically packing all of your apps into a .zip file, and then you can install from sd(or apply update.zip from sd), and it will unpack it and batch install all your apps?
im just wondering, cause if so, then wouldnt this be faster to do instead of backing up, and restoring all your apps everytime you flash a rom.

By creating an "update.zip" do you mean creating a backup? Because as far as I know unless your developing yourself, your not creating an "update.zip". I've been told that your apps are restored when you boot your phone up after you installed a new rom. (haven't tried that way yet.) I was also told you can't restore your apps from recovery I already tried with no success. What I did was Re-download titanium after I wiped and installed new rom. It is all back up in your sd via titanium but no ther way to access those backups from what i understand... If you have the paid version you can do a batch restore if not (like me) I just recovered individually. (better because i ended up not needing all my backed up apps anyways because this rom is awesome..;))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones