• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

I'm running a MIUI theme (this theme is AWESOME!) from ZduneX25 from DeviantArt. This is the best theme I've ever seen, and his others are pretty damn good, too.

MIUI 1.8.12 by ~ZduneX25 on deviantART

So far, this is the only theme that didn't give me a status bar issue. Here's a screenie of it on my phone.

screenshot-1318268723340.png
screenshot-1318268666758.png

You have the clock hidden?

Upvote 0
I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary

Changelog

10-10-11:

sync'd up with CM: RingLock - Fix animation & added arrows to pressed ring bubbles to indicate selection
sync'd up with CM: audioflinger - Allow bundling the A2DP interface
sync'd up with CM: Fix setting connection status when switching profiles via 3rd party apps
sync'd up with CM: libcameraservice - Workaround for nvidia TTF bug
sync'd up with CM: Updated versions of Superuser & su
Tweak: GPS - more detailed conf file
Tweak: Camera - support image/video stabilization
Kernel v3.11: Added back Interactive governor

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0
I'm having a problem suddenly after installing the app Shopkick. Long press doesn't work anymore on the home screen. Neither when long pressing on an app icon or a blank spot. The phone will vibrate once, but the usual popup doesn't come up, and I'm not able to move any of the icons around.

I've uninstalled Shopkick but the problem hasn't gone away. I hadn't done anything differently other than installing that app, so there really isn't anything else I can undo, other than randomly uninstalling apps one by one, which doesn't sound appealing to me at this point.

Does anyone have any tips other than wiping everything and reflashing the rom? I'm thinking it's possible it may have something to do with the theme perhaps? I'm not familiar with themes enough right now to know how to uninstall-reinstall one though.

Using the latest 10042011 rom btw. Thanks in advance.

Edit: BTW, long press does work in the app drawer, just not on any of the home screens.

Edit 2: Ended up clearing the data out of ADWLauncher and that did the trick. Had to re-add all the icons on the homepage, but it was better that than a full wipe and reinstall.

Upvote 0
I'm having a problem suddenly after installing the app Shopkick. Long press doesn't work anymore on the home screen. Neither when long pressing on an app icon or a blank spot. The phone will vibrate once, but the usual popup doesn't come up, and I'm not able to move any of the icons around.

I've uninstalled Shopkick but the problem hasn't gone away. I hadn't done anything differently other than installing that app, so there really isn't anything else I can undo, other than randomly uninstalling apps one by one, which doesn't sound appealing to me at this point.

Does anyone have any tips other than wiping everything and reflashing the rom? I'm thinking it's possible it may have something to do with the theme perhaps? I'm not familiar with themes enough right now to know how to uninstall-reinstall one though.

Using the latest 10042011 rom btw. Thanks in advance.

Edit: BTW, long press does work in the app drawer, just not on any of the home screens.

easy fix to try is rebooting. Shopkick has become a dirty app in the sense the phone doesnt like it. I had it when it first came out it worked great but then they updated to the new version and it doesnt like to work.

Upvote 0
easy fix to try is rebooting. Shopkick has become a dirty app in the sense the phone doesnt like it. I had it when it first came out it worked great but then they updated to the new version and it doesnt like to work.

Sorry I meant to mention that I tried rebooting twice through the reboot command and once by powering down and turning back on, all to no avail. Glad to know I'm not alone with the shopkick problems though.

Upvote 0
New build is up:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-10102011.zip
md5 dbbd5e10de119c05bea52d29ddc1d6ff

GreenMachineTheme-10102011.zip

- manually pulled in several commits to CM7.
- fix to lockscreen ring style animations (I did not pull in the arrow rings, don't like em)
- a2dp audio interface
- camera service ttf fix and video stabilization fix
- super user updated
- added new Music 4.0.1 apk
- added option to center clock or leave on right
- removed bootsound from package, will add zip to wiki to enable bootsounds

To change position of the status bar clock:
settings>>cyanogenmod settings>>interface>>status bar tweaks>>center clock

You must have a Google Music Beta invite to use the online features of Music 4.0.1, they seem to work fine over wifi, haven't tried 3g yet.

Flash this zip file in recovery to activate bootsounds

As always, thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, Whyzor, the CM team, and many more. ;)

Upvote 0
I don't have an invite to the Google Music Beta, so would someone who does please test out the new Music4.0.1 apk?
I will test it. If you would like an invite PM your email to me and I'll send one to you.

Jerry, how hard would it be to put in an changer for the different toggles in the pulldown? It would be nice to be able to swap out the sound for something like sync now or toggle screen brightness.

Upvote 0
Jerry, how hard would it be to put in an changer for the different toggles in the pulldown? It would be nice to be able to swap out the sound for something like sync now or toggle screen brightness.

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about (the notification shade) then go to your Cyanogenmod settings, press interface, notification power widget, and widget buttons to change the toggles. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
If you are talking about what I think you are talking about (the notification shade) then go to your Cyanogenmod settings, press interface, notification power widget, and widget buttons to change the toggles. Hope this helps!

Perfect! I guess I really need to do some exploring of this ROM.

Music runs but I can't get any sound. Also the clock wont move when center is unchecked. And it appears the background for the pull down is missing. Will restore and reflash tomorrow to test more.

Upvote 0
Perfect! I guess I really need to do some exploring of this ROM.

Music runs but I can't get any sound. Also the clock wont move when center is unchecked. And it appears the background for the pull down is missing. Will restore and reflash tomorrow to test more.

The clock not centering/uncentering and the background missing from the notification pulldown was due to a bad upload of the GreenMachineTheme. I fixed the upload and changed the links, it should work now. ;)

Reactions: MacFett
Upvote 0
I was kinda hoping that there wouldn't be an update today, i ran into a lil trouble with my SD. partition, and just now recovered... oh well, after my updates are done, and after I re create a few backups, I'll flash over the new build and run my daily tests. Still no service, so I can't give accurate battery feedback.

And I think that you should update the almost 3 month old screenshots :p

Upvote 0
Are you using a theme?

its cause you are using a theme, i experience the same issue, there are a few themes that do not effect check boxes, Bens theme seems to not effect check boxes, which is something that i praise him for.

Yes I'm using LunarUI found here: [CM7 THEME] LunarUi + Icons v3.0 MARKET DL (Update 10/9/11) - xda-developers
Damn.. so it's cuz of the theme? But does it still check the box even if it doesn't show? or is it unable to check at all?

Upvote 0
OH and I had a small request.. Is it possible to add the flashlight widget onto the notification power widgets? I know there's one for the LED flashlight but since the Optimus V doesn't have this, can the screen be used as a flashlight? I believe the stock power widget has this option but the CM notification widget doesn't have it.. am I making sense or am I sounding crazy in my attempt of explanation? o_O

Upvote 0
OH and I had a small request.. Is it possible to add the flashlight widget onto the notification power widgets? I know there's one for the LED flashlight but since the Optimus V doesn't have this, can the screen be used as a flashlight? I believe the stock power widget has this option but the CM notification widget doesn't have it.. am I making sense or am I sounding crazy in my attempt of explanation? o_O

I use this. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.devuni.flashlight works very well and its free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones